• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Graces is coming to PS3?! (IN ENGLISH?!)
It is, for Japan, loli.

If they ever do, it'll be once in a blue moon. A really big blue moon.

Stupid Namco.

But yeah, the demo has been up yesterday since 8:00 PST. I can't believe you'd miss it D:

EDIT: ARGH, I hate it when I post, that there's that extra page that developed in the past hour! Should refresh moar.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I just slept for two hours. Can't think straight./complaint

Anyway, I haven't played the demo yet. I have some guidelines with my PS3, atm, so I can' t touch it right now. Minato was talking about it a lot yesterday while he was playing. Though, I didn't mind. The game's amazing. Good thing I didn't finish the Wii ver.

EDIT: and loli at that chart. DoA isn't (wo)man enough, huh?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just don't like long loading times, frame skipping (not especially common, admittedly), and lag (please tell me why SSFIV has 1 frame extra input lag on PS3).
You can blame that on shoddy ports, not the console itself.

Heck, a few games are actually better on ps3.

360 has so many games though.

I love mine just because of the sheer amount of variety.
Ok then, what exclusives, other than Halo, GoW, or Tales of V, are there for 360?

Anyway, I'll play against you tomorrow, Lythium. :3

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
You can blame that on shoddy ports, not the console itself.

Heck, a few games are actually better on ps3.
I don't want to bother arguing which console has more good/better games or better online because I simply don't care.

What I do care about, though, is why PS3 is still considered the standard when the 360 is clearly better for managing in tournaments. There are far less accidental pauses because the syncing system isn't ******** and it's easier to mod things from PS3-360 than 360-PS3 (from what I've heard). I might just be ignorant when I say that PS3 skips and it may be most games are the same quality (except Super, at least), but I have seen a lot of issues at tournaments where PS3 is standard.

Another thing is that I'm biased because I like the the 360 controller. :embarrass

Also, on the subject of Tales. I'm currently doing my first ever playthrough of a Tales game, Tales of Symphonia. I'm in... a lightning dungeon, idk. The story telling sucks and the voice acting from certain characters in unforgiveable (Zelos), but at least it's fun and the story itself (while typical for every jRPG ever) is very interesting. I like it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
also, on the subject of tales. I'm currently doing my first ever playthrough of a tales game, tales of symphonia. I'm in... A lightning dungeon, idk. The story telling sucks and the voice acting from certain characters in unforgiveable (zelos),
I WILL ANNIHILATE YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS, YOU FOOLISH, INCREDULOUS KNAVE.

TAKE THAT BACK.
tencapslocks

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also, on the subject of Tales. I'm currently doing my first ever playthrough of a Tales game, Tales of Symphonia. I'm in... a lightning dungeon, idk. The story telling sucks and the voice acting from certain characters in unforgiveable (Zelos), but at least it's fun and the story itself (while typical for every jRPG ever) is very interesting. I like it.
Zelos is like my favorite. But yeah, don't expect much out of storytelling. Tales have never excelled at it. They've had some good stories going by Tales standards, but most of the enjoyment really stems from the battle system (which Symphonia isn't great at to be honest) and it's stereotypical characters.
So... about that BlazBlue...

Anyone heard when Platinum is going to be released? I thought tentative schedule was November?
November seems far... I was hoping for Platinum this month.
Hopefully that's not the case.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Maybe they did, I haven't really been paying attention. Just trying to come up with a somewhat plausible explanation.

Edit: @ Espy: There was a bug in his code and MS flipped ****, so they apparently had/have to fix it and have the code re-evaluated by quality control before they can ship him.

PSN was just like, "Ok, warn them about the glitch, just release it anyway."

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Microsoft charges ludicrous fees when patches are made. They give 1 free patch to the developers, but on the rest, they demand compensation.

That's probably why Arc is fixing the DLC before shipping it or else they get effed in the a.

btw, the bug only happens when you have Valkenhayn, Ragna, or Hazama paired up with one another in online training mode.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't want to bother arguing which console has more good/better games or better online because I simply don't care.

What I do care about, though, is why PS3 is still considered the standard when the 360 is clearly better for managing in tournaments. There are far less accidental pauses because the syncing system isn't ******** and it's easier to mod things from PS3-360 than 360-PS3 (from what I've heard). I might just be ignorant when I say that PS3 skips and it may be most games are the same quality (except Super, at least), but I have seen a lot of issues at tournaments where PS3 is standard.

Even though I'm a proud PS3 owner, this is really an opinion thing and doesn't matter that much overall. Both consoles are generally fine for what they do, regardless of minor differences.

Another thing is that I'm biased because I like the the 360 controller. :embarrass
I WILL ANNIHILATE YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS, YOU FOOLISH, INCREDULOUS KNAVE.

TAKE THAT BACK.

Zelos is like my favorite. But yeah, don't expect much out of storytelling. Tales have never excelled at it. They've had some good stories going by Tales standards, but most of the enjoyment really stems from the battle system (which Symphonia isn't great at to be honest) and it's stereotypical characters.
This is basicaly what I was going to say with regards to my experience of Tales of Symphonia. The plot seemed to me to be like FFX only with more generic character archetypes and an art design that was much closer to an anime. I also didn't like the battle system since it was mashy as all hell.

November seems far... I was hoping for Platinum this month.
Hopefully that's not the case.
November seems about right to me. They seem to be going about 6 to 8 weeks between DLC releases.

EDIT: I'll just leave this here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcCK5RleFw

Gates

Banned via Warnings
9 hit combos are ****ing intense apparently.

I wonder how crazy the announcer would have been going if one of them was playing Arakune.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Did you guys even watch that show? I doubt either of them practiced very much for that game, and they certainly didn't know anyone to give them pointers like: Hey! Go into the challenge mode and learn a combo!

It's not a very good show. I only watched it because of Justin Wong. And I've actually met Faye, Vanessa, and Kat from Smash and DOA4.

Still, I did find the match enjoyable to watch, in all honesty.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
OMG bombs, May's whirly super, bubble okizeme, and was that a dashing command grab?

I was sold before, I'm even more on board now.

Nice finish, too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
OMG bombs, May's whirly super, bubble okizeme, and was that a dashing command grab?

I was sold before, I'm even more on board now.

Nice finish, too.
This. Plus having a Miku color and a Thanos bubble. :laugh:
Can't wait until she's released. She's the closest to May so far (even if she's not really).

Too bad the guy blocked the screen when he did the Astral. :ohwell:
At least we saw a good majority of it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Platinum looks great, and she might be the first character that I download. Of course, I'll probably wait until they're (probably) bundled together, but I'll still get her, eventually.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Platinum looks cool. Hopefully she turns out fun, I haven't found a good sub yet.

Someone on the Dustloop translated a description of how she plays.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9792&p=786664&viewfull=1#post786664

Drive
- Pressing the D button will randomly select one among 6 types of equipment/modes for her staff. After selecting, various techniques corresponding to the staff mode can be used (with certain restrictions).
- The following staff mode is notified at the bottom through the symbol next to the word NEXT
- At the beginning of the match she doesn't carry any staff with her (probably meaning that you have to press D to make it appear)
- Everytime you push D with the equipped staff the number of times you can use the associated technique will decrease until the staff disappears becoming unequipped.
- Pressing the D button again once the staff has disappeared will make it appear again with the next type of equipment.

The type of magic equipment are:
- Bomb (6 times)
- Neko (5 times)
- Bin (4 times)
- Hammer (3 times)
- Missiles (3 times)
- Frying Pan (4 times)

Character's Features:
- Good speed, good airdash
- Her airdash covers a lot of range, giving her the possibility of comfortably attacking in the air without falling easily on the ground
- Since her attacks with her staff don't have a long reach, her special projectile moves do the job of covering long range fighting instead.
- Since her special moves are controlled randomly, she is a character that heavily depends on the situation she's in (TLnote: I guess it's referring to what power she has equipped, position, situation etc)

Special Moves
- Dream Sally (214A/B/C)
- Swallow Moon (j.236C)
- Mami Circular (236B)
- Air Persia (236A - also executable in air) - followups A/B/C (up to three times) - tramples down the opponent from above with her pogo stick; the followups change the landing place, while the C followup is an aerial ender that earns more damage and okizeme.
- Dramatic Sammy (41236D) - command grab: searches for the opponent while ground-dashing; grabs and imprisons the opponent inside a "heart" and blows it off. 1500 Damage.
- Mystique Momo (214D, when weapons are equipped)
- Foreign Melody (22C on knocked down opponent); it might be possible to push the opponent towards the corner from the slide down

Distortion Drives
- Miracle Jeanne (236236D)- install super, the staff is equipped with "enhanched magic", can only be used once and when it wears off the staff is unequipped
- Cure Dot Typhoon (632146C)

Astral Heat
- 236236C (looks like Nanoha's Starlight Breaker)

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
This. Plus having a Miku color and a Thanos bubble. :laugh:
Can't wait until she's released. She's the closest to May so far (even if she's not really).

Too bad the guy blocked the screen when he did the Astral. :ohwell:
At least we saw a good majority of it.

Must disagree. I still think Tao is the most like May so far.

Also she is clearly Faust in a much smaller package.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Lambda:
+ 4B faster start up, shorter recovery
+ Sickle might have faster start up, quicker recovery, hits 6 times
- gravity seed now stuns instead of floats. on CH seems to stun longer
- 4D moves her backwards, harder to combo.
- Throw can't combo into 6A, can followup with 2D.
- Calamity damage decreased.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Must disagree. I still think Tao is the most like May so far.

Also she is clearly Faust in a much smaller package.
Well, that's why I wrote "even if she's not really". I didn't mean she really did play like May, she just reminded me of her in some ways. I guess I should've clarified. Anyway, yeah, her play style is a mix of Faust and Zappa.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hazama:
6A->Jayoku works (I don't even know why this is listed, maybe didn't work in loketest 1?)
Air throw can be followed up by Zaneiga (214D~C).
214D~C now makes the opponent spin in the air(?)
- 5B 3C 214D~C doesn't connect anymore
- 3C knocks opponent upwards
- cannot cancel throws into chain
- jC: no longer jump cancelable? (might be first hit only)

GUYS, THEY BROKE HAZAMA.

Thank god this is a loketest and hopefully they realize these changes are braindead and break the ENTIRE CHARACTER.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Wow, that is one stupid change for Hazama. :/

I'm taking all of these "changes" with a grain of salt; the guy playing the game is probably not in a good environment for focused testing, lol.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Still, I watched the video. They completely derped his basic Launcher, AND j.C DOESN'T JC ANYMORE. HIS BNB IS COMPLETELY BROKEN.

Top Bottom