• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I want Kokonoe as well, but what the hell will she actually DO?

She'll just send a computer-controlled Tager and Lambda at you.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I want Kokonoe as well, but what the hell will she actually DO?

She'll just send a computer-controlled Tager and Lambda at you.
She has the genes of two of the strongest people in the world AND the power of science. She'll probably do something cool.

Besides, every npc that we've seen so far has done something completely different than what they look like in the story mode. Makoto got dat underboob, Valkenhayn turns into a wolf, and Platinum turns into a magical girl.

Kokonoe will probably be some superpowered magic user (for projectiles like Lambda) who uses something robotic or sciency for melee attacks.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Okay, so Koko is Faust. But she's gotta be combined with someone else.

I say A.B.A.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Or...maybe Kokonoe is her own unique character somehow, guys?? Just saying.

Not EVERYTHING has to be a Guilty Gear tribute. That's what causes those fans to complain anyway and just say "Stop this and make another Guilty Gear or something. RAAAGE."

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I don't know if it's even so much about direct comparisons or tributes even, just the reality that, from a certain perspective (whether you're talking about a designer for GG/BB, or Street Fighter, or Tekken, etc.) you can only design a character X number of ways.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Or...maybe Kokonoe is her own unique character somehow, guys?? Just saying.

Not EVERYTHING has to be a Guilty Gear tribute. That's what causes those fans to complain anyway and just say "Stop this and make another Guilty Gear or something. RAAAGE."
Well, okay, but considering that we're not game designers and we're speculating on a character that probably hasn't even been in development yet, what do you expect?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
What do y'all think of Platina so far? I want to be optimistic about her like I was with Makoto and Valk and every character announced for SSFIV, etc., but my experiences lead me to believe that Platina will be fun, but bad.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What do y'all think of Platina so far? I want to be optimistic about her like I was with Makoto and Valk and every character announced for SSFIV, etc., but my experiences lead me to believe that Platina will be fun, but bad.
What experiences? Like Makoto? I guess Makoto did have some issues with certain characters.
I'm hoping Platinum will be a fun character and good as well. Hopefully she won't be overused.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
All 10 of the new characters in SSFIV aren't as good as the majority of the original cast.
Makoto basically has to work ridiculously hard at everything to stand a chance in Blazblue. Her pressure game has holes larger than an EVA tearing through an AT field, her range isn't broken like a lot of other people, her abare is bad, and her combos are barely breaking 2k midscreen without meter, although that last bit is relatively negligible since she builds meter very well even without Parry Loop, but the biggest problems are her terrible approaches and pressures.

Whenever you talk to a Makoto main you'll always hear the same thing from us. She's really good... but she's bad.

And I think Platina will be used by a lot of people that make the purchase, just like how everyone who purchased Makoto and Valkenhayn wanted to learn. I'm satisfied with Makoto and I don't want to spend 16$ more for characters I'm not especially interested in yet. I'll wait for a special package... or a tournament.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Makoto, like most characters in Blazblue, have really obvious glaring weaknesses.

I'll buy Platinum, because a) I run tournaments, b) she looks cool, and c) I'm a completist.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Makoto, like most characters in Blazblue, have really obvious glaring weaknesses.

I'll buy Platinum, because a) I run tournaments, b) she looks cool, and c) I'm a completist.
Thats a pretty good reason...

Assuming also that you run tournies on PS3 right?

Lets look at advantages...

PS3 D-pad...way better than 360's (Can do Jin combo's easily even without playing for two weeks...360...D-pad is uncomfortable and analog stick can understand whether I'm doing a 2C or 3C...Hazama is unplayable for me...)

Btw has there been news to valkie coming to 360 yet?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You know, I'm going to be so pissed if what's happening to 360 owners and Valk will happen to PS3 owners for Platinum. lol
Hopefully that doesn't happen, or I will rage.
:mad088:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@Zero_Gamer: I <3 you for the Eva reference.

I do run tourneys on PS3, yes. Most people ***** about the 360 controller, and most people have PS3s anyway, so it works out okay.
You don't have to worry about the rrod with a ps3 either. :3

Anyway, I still haven't tried to fix my stick. After I get back from deer hunting tomorrow, I'll open it up and find the (hopefully) easily solvable problem.

Edit: Oh, and I'll help rage too if that happens. :mad088:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You don't have to worry about the rrod with a ps3 either. :3
Well, PS3's have the YLLOD, don't they? I think both consoles have their ups and downs.

I played a tiny bit of BBCS before turning off my PS3.
Using Rachel is as hard as always. :(

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, PS3's have the YLLOD, don't they? I think both consoles have their ups and downs.

I played a tiny bit of BBCS before turning off my PS3.
Using Rachel is as hard as always. :(

I believe that was only a specific model of the fat PS3.

I don't even know how you play CS Rachel, Minato. I don't even know.

On a completely random note, Mu has really strange combos. And it doesn't help that a lot of the ones listed on Dustloop have typos. I tried for ages to get 6C>6D>j.B>j.C to connect until I just gave up and took out the j.B. Now it works fine. :I

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
JIN IT TO WIN IT.

I want to know why they're nerfing everyone's 3C though. It's like they're trying to nerf everyone's oki out of existence.

Top Bottom