• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I honestly think Mori has no idea what he's doing right now. He basically just broke Hazama's entire setup game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
His BnB isn't nerfed, he just has to end it early.

Oh wait, 5B 3C 214D~C doesn't connect anymore.

Yeah, Hazama just got made terribad.

Also, keep in mind that these are just tests and not the final build. I seriously doubt they would be stupid enough to nerf Hazama this badly. Hell, I don't even think most of the changes for Lambda are final.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yes, I'm aware of that, if you look a few posts back.

I'm just praying they realize it, otherwise he's Tsubaki tier.

Like, I don't think he can break 2K without meter if they keep this change.

MAYBE with his Jakou combos, but even still, wtf.

If 214D~C doesn't connect from 3C, he has to connect with like, 236D, which is like 900 damage TOTAL or something.

His ground game would literally be completely borked.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
LMAO! S'up to you to jump after the Gadget Finger.

Man... I'm worried about a lot of the characters though. Especially Ragna. Who knows what'll happen.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sounds to me like you better relearn your character, Raziek. Ha.
Also, Tager being able to Gadget Finger after 360A made me **** a little.
I'm so happy for Tager.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
How 'bout you guys take in the changes and discuss them, rather than just *****ing? Don't ***** until the changes are final. Seriously. :I

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't mind that, I'm just tired of people bawwing about the unfinalized nerfs that their character is supposedly going to receive. It happens every time there's a loc-test.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
...you won't be saying that if Tager ends up somehow becoming high tier and you drop him.

Also, Lyth, sorry if it seemed like I was complaining. I was just one of those people that didn't have a problem with how Ragna played in Calamity Trigger, and getting the coolest buffs in Continuum Shift was really nice.

Prone to change? Yeah, things tend to do that, and in the end, I'm still gonna play him. Ragna's changes aren't really that bad. The only reason I like Belial Edge is because it just looks so hardcore. XD Not being able to do it as much possibly sucks. Gatling of 5B > 6A being gone also bites too. Though to be honest I used 5D > d.Cancel > 6A more on the ground anyway since 5B links into stuff so nicely.

Inferno Divider not wall bouncing is both a good and bad thing, I find. I don't know HOW it works in the latest loc-test tweak, but if it puts the opponent into the corner, that's a hundred times better than the wall bouncing one of old. Ragna in the corner is scary as hell. So long as he still feels ruthless/relentless, I can't have many complaints.

Not gonna lie though. If I still can't do my (this can be varied up big time), 5B > 5C > 2C > 5D > D. Cancel > 6A > j.C > j.D > jump > j.D > Belial Edge > 5D > Black Onslaught, I'm gonna be mad ticked.

Or any extension of that. imo, Ragna's combos into his Astral Finish are the hottest in the game. GAH I just love how he plays in CS!

Is it okay to ***** AND discuss? D:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That wouldn't stop me from playing him at all, Kuraudo.
At all.

He's never been my main, and never will be. He's just for funsies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You should pick him up for realz. Most satisfying character in the game to beat others with. I mean, if I wasn't so nii-san over Ragna, I'd have gone with Tager already. lmao

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm okay with *****ing and discussing, just not straight-up *****ing. I just find it funny that anyone would be horribly concerned at "omg my bnb is totally gone," especially when it's a character like Hazama. People thought he was garbage for a while until they figured out combos. It just reminds me of when they removed pivotal Litchi combos during CS loc-tests and she ended up just fine in terms of combo ability. Hazama's new BnB will be probably be like 5B>3C>2B>5C>2C>4D>air shizz.

tl;dr: Why are you guys crying about a loc-test that no one here will have a chance to experience? All that matters is the finished result, yo.

Anyway...

Noel's 6A hits crouching opponents again! Yay! I hope they keep it that way. :3c

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Isn't that the responsibility of the players though? To find problems with current loc-tests as the developers re-balance and see how people respond? Really, if you're being more mature about it while you show your complaints, you're just doing your part in making the game, if you think about it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it.

Specifically, I said I'm tired of people complaining when you don't really have anything to complain about yet.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I honestly think Mori has no idea what he's doing right now. He basically just broke Hazama's entire setup game.
Well, Mori did work on GGAC apperently and that game supposedly has great balance. :/

I also heard Mori wants the big damage combos to be corner only. I don't know how true that is, but it might explain why everything is being screwed around with so much.

Besides, nothing's final yet.

Gatling of 5B > 6A being gone also bites too.
5B > 6A gattling is back.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Noel
- Barrel even faster.
- 6A hits crouchers.
- 5C jump cancelable on block.
- Some Chain Revolver parts faster.
I like these changes. :3

I just hope that they suddenly decide to make 5C comboable into 2C. That change alone would probably move her up a tier, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Agreed. 5C>2C>3C would be GDLK.

I'm also hoping that if they make chain revolver faster, there will be fewer holes and more combos. Chain revolver as a pressure string sucks. I still do it anyway though. ;-;

I also like the changes they made to 6C. I'm just not sure how it will affect her combos.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know, right? :3c

Haven't heard anything about the j.4D from the first test though. I'm curious as to whether it has retained its speed.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know, right? :3c

Haven't heard anything about the j.4D from the first test though. I'm curious as to whether it has retained its speed.
They probably kept the speed from the first loketest. They probably would've said otherwise like how they mentioned Rachel's 6A going back to regular BBCS status. As for Noel, it shouldn't be that bad if they made her execution harder and gave her lower damage. If they give her more gatlings, better resets (j.4D?), and her 2D (?) overhead back, I think she'll do fine.

It was just dumb how in BBCS she had decent damage but terrible ways at starting them.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
iirc, everything in the first couple of loketests for CS 1.0 were also in the final version.

What you see now is probably what you will get later.

Because all developers are ********, no exceptions.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
They probably kept the speed from the first loketest. They probably would've said otherwise like how they mentioned Rachel's 6A going back to regular BBCS status. As for Noel, it shouldn't be that bad if they made her execution harder and gave her lower damage. If they give her more gatlings, better resets (j.4D?), and her 2D (?) overhead back, I think she'll do fine.

It was just dumb how in BBCS she had decent damage but terrible ways at starting them.

Good to know. I'd be perfectly okay with those sort of changes. :3c

But yeah, I can't really talk because there are worse characters, but Noel's normals have no priority at all. Recently, I've taken to just running up to people and mashing 5A, especially against Jin.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
i'm almost pleased with tager's new changes. some of these changes will help him in close combat but i don't know how much though. sadly imo as long as tager lacks mobility he'll never be tourny viable unless they gave him something like CT unlimited tager magnetism or a full screen magnetism move or something similar to that.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
iirc, everything in the first couple of loketests for CS 1.0 were also in the final version.

What you see now is probably what you will get later.

Because all developers are ********, no exceptions.
From what I remember, it alot was different in the first loketests compared to the final game (ie; Rachel had a pumpkin gauge and was somehow worse, Jin's 5B was stupidly slow, and FRKZ cost 100 heat are some of the few things I can recall offhand). From what I have seen, it seems more like they throw in some changes during the loketest just to see how much they effect the game, and not as a actual serious idea for balance (only some though).

EDIT: Apparently Bang's 2A not comboing into 5B was incorrect, seeing as a video from the latest loketest shows bang doing just that.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
:(

I dropped my stick (it slid out of my lap), and now the stick doesn't work! :urg:

I think that a cable just got loose on the stick itself because the buttons still work. I'll open it up tomorrow and look inside it a bit.

Edit: Oh, and my avatar is just ****ing great.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
:(

I dropped my stick (it slid out of my lap), and now the stick doesn't work! :urg:

I think that a cable just got loose on the stick itself because the buttons still work. I'll open it up tomorrow and look inside it a bit.
Ugh, sorry to hear that. :(
Hopefully everything will work still.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
XD Kokonoe's awesome.
I wish Kokonoe was playable. But they said she wouldn't be playable until BB 3 or whatever. :(

Top Bottom