• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
My Haku-men still hasn't lost in CS yet.

Had around 10 games today

5 haku-men fights where I took down, Jin, Hazama, Noel, Ragna and Arakune.

Then 5 as Arakune where I beat Jin, Noel and Haku-men but lost to Ragna and TAGER!

Maybe my friends really do suck.

I need to actually get this game myself.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Despite its name, top American players worked on the chart.

Zidane: Hazama
Lord Knight: Litchi/Ragna
ZONG_one: Carl/Arakune
Dacidbro: Bang
St1ckBuG: Lambda/Ragna/Makoto/Noel
Alzarath: Hakumen/Rachel
XAQshinor: Mu/Tsubaki
Mr. Biscuits: Arakune
TaoFTW: Taokaka

I guess Spirit Juice also helped out.

Edit: The match-up chart originally had a different layout, so worldjem updated it to look the older ones. :p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Despite its name, top American players worked on the chart.
I think the tier list is close to how I pictured it. However, I feel that Ragna should be high a bit higher. But seeing how Lambda's only higher because of slightly higher point differences on low tier, Ragna's placement sounds about right. I wonder where Japan has everyone ranked at.
Dang, if Taokaka is really THAT good, I guess I'm gonna have to drop her. :p
I'd say learn her for fun and then use her for reals when the balance patch hits if she ends up lower.
Better question: how is he not?
Him having no bad matchups is strange. I don't think he goes even if Litchi and Bang.
I'd say he has a slight disadvantage on those characters.

As for his placement, I actually kinda agree. A lot of Hazama mains just don't know how to use him, or they judge him based on online experiences.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I use her and Tager 50/50, more or less.
Really, it depends on how I'm feeling at whatever moment I'm playing.

If I feel like crushing my opponent in two moves, I go Tager.
If I feel like crushing my opponents in 23,910,549,387,458,937,402,138,729,573 moves, I go Taokaka.

I have been messing around with Tsubaki too. So much fun. Especially against Tager.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
How the hell is Tao so hi...
Actually, Taunt loop plus AB2 combos look too good.

I guess I'm fine if America wants to put her there.

I'm surprised Arakune isn't higher, but that probably just because I'm terrible at this game. :/

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Haku-men only has 3 less that even matches.

None of my friends play as any of those characters either....LOL.

It is pretty awesome how easily he can do serious damage though.

May I ask what the highest mission everybody has gotten to with their main?

Mine is 5...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've beaten all of Tager's and Tao's.
Beat all of Tsubaki's too.

I kinda wanna finish Hazama's as well, but Mission 10 is just annoying.

inditled

Smash Apprentice
hey tager isnt #1 or #2 worse anymore infact hes 4th worse :D

tager mains rejoice!

also arnt they releasing a balancing patch in a few months ,December i think,

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I disagree with a decent bit of that tier list, but my apathy over it wins out. I don't understand what that 'diff' column is for.

Also I have not heard of some of the players listed that helped with the list. And keep in mind fighting game players are generally notorious for thinking the character they play is worse than they actually are.

I'm also pretty sure that Raven was pointing the other way before.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I think the list is fairly good, the matchup number might be a bit off in some cases, but I think the ordering of the characters is fine for the most part
I always thought Noel would be higher, but that might be because Lythium wrecks me every time we play. :p

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm more curious about the Ragna drop, and at how Arakune isn't higher. I swear he should be a lot higher than that.
I think Ragna probably dropped just for the simple fact that he gets pushed around by characters who do decent damage/mixup (Bang, Litchi), those that have better mobility (Hazama, Tao), and those than can play a pretty safe game by outzoning him (Hakumen, Lambda).

Despite being a decent character, Arakune just has really bad matchups. Hazama, Lambda, and Mu can zone the hell out of him. Litchi has the range to deal with his curse, and keep him out. Arakune can run away for a really long time, but he needs curse to do damage.

Lambda isn't nearly that good...
I disagree. Lambda has always been sleeper mid to high tier imo. And if you've played against a really good Lambda, you would probably disagree too. :p

I disagree with a decent bit of that tier list, but my apathy over it wins out. I don't understand what that 'diff' column is for.

Also I have not heard of some of the players listed that helped with the list. And keep in mind fighting game players are generally notorious for thinking the character they play is worse than they actually are.

I'm also pretty sure that Raven was pointing the other way before.
True enough.

Here's the original match-up chart. I just posted the other one because I thought it was prettier:

And it was.

I think the list is fairly good, the matchup number might be a bit off in some cases, but I think the ordering of the characters is fine for the most part
I always thought Noel would be higher, but that might be because Lythium wrecks me every time we play. :p
Dat 5D. :3c

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'll still think she's gay, but comparatively gayer than those below her? Nah.

I do think she was underplaced on the previous list though.

Also, Mu question: Should I mostly try to rushdown with Steins or run away all day with them? Or perhaps her playstyle is flexible enough to allow either?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'll accept that. :3c

And like I said, take everything with a grain of salt. I, more or less, agree with most of this, but not all of it. I don't think Carl should be so low, but I know very little about Carl, so whatevs.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Also, Mu question: Should I mostly try to rushdown with Steins or run away all day with them? Or perhaps her playstyle is flexible enough to allow either?
Obviously it's highly situational dependent and character dependent. But in general you should zone/annoy (run away if you have life lead and time is getting low, but in general running away doesn't get you much unless your opponent is impatient) with them and then rushdown when you can set it up to lock them in place with 236D.

tl;dr: Yes, her playstyle is flexible enough to allow either.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree with Scamp, it depends heavily on your opponent.

Steins are mostly used for oki (because that's really all that Mu has going for her), but if you're playing against someone who doesn't deal well with projectiles (Valkenhayn, Arakune, etc.), then keep placing steins: 5D > 6D > j.D > j. 6D. That set-up covers a large area, and if you 236D while your opponent is caught in the middle, they'll be stuck there for a while.

Also, charged steins break primers. ;)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Some people really enjoy playing low/garbage tier characters and beating everyone else, no matter how bad the matchup is. I have a guy like that in my group. He says it's more of a challenge.

To each their own.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, at least I decided to main Hazama before he became borderline tier-whoring. xD

Not that I really have a problem with that, but he's still not as bad as Bang or Litchi.

Also, I've kinda taken to trolling out loud mid-game, maybe I should try to curb that a bit. :X

MUST BECOME ONE WITH THE CHARACTER.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't mind fighting Bang.
But I despise Litchi with every fiber of my being.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The moment I get hit by a Litchi with Tager online, I put my controller down and go get a drink. Or a snack.
Or take a huge ****.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I don't like playing High Tier characters.
What train of logic don't you understand?
Well, I get it, but at the same time I don't agree with it for the following reason.

If it's a character you love, it shouldn't stop you from wanting to play them. The challenge is there, and hey, being a high-tier character doesn't mean auto win anyway in fighters.

S'like if Sonic was legitimately A or B tier in Brawl. I wouldn't stop playing him. Would you?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
He didn't say he would stop playing her, he said he would play her less.

And no, I wouldn't, but some people would. I know a guy who won't play Bang anymore because he's top tier.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Disagree all you want, Kuraudo.
And yes, if Sonic was high tier, I guarantee you I wouldn't play him in tournaments at all.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
._.

Awww man. That'd be a shame. If Brawl was a more balanced fighter then maybe people could stick to characters they love over tier whoring.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't understand that 'tier masochism' business at all.

Pick a character you like and stick with them. :mad:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My idea of choosing a main is to choose whoever I like or whoever I have the most fun with. For me, those two things go hand in hand.
For Espy, he might like a character, but because of them being too good, he might choose someone else that he has more fun with (which are characters that have an uphill battle).

So I respect that. I like sticking with whoever I like no matter their placing though.
I think people focus on tiers too much and base their choices off that (whether high or low), which kinda hinders the metagame at times, IMO.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I choose my mains based on how they flow as I would call it. I just need the characters movement to feel fluid to me before I will main them. It is why I usually go through 2-3 mains before finding the one that truly feels natural to play with. I went from Bang to Tsubaki to Noel.

Top Bottom