• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Val for top tier? :D
Not unless he gets a Wolf Install super. And ridiculous oki for all his combos. And some kind of loop.

He's definitely a solid character though.

EDIT: For those who don't know, the Wolf Install theme song is the same as the Bang Install theme song but with Hype Dog barking the lyrics.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Valk is pretty **** awesome.
I didn't expect much before getting him but I'm having a lot of fun.
Wolf is still awkward and I don't really know any good combos. Air Dash as wolf and change into human will take you pretty much all the way across the screen, making mobility feel like a non issue to me.
I don't like to turn into the wolf outside of combos though.

He's good but I doubt he'll reach top tier.
but what do I know.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm not liking the wolf besides combos and block stun pressure between human combos to wolf combos, that stuff is nice. Sometimes they'll drop a block and ****.

But overall, he's pretty solid, and his neutral C is such an amazing poke and ****. And it's comboable. That's whats up. (and the fact it combos into astral is just SILLY.)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't actually own this game I just play it a lot with my 3 friends.

I just saw Haku-men's 10th missiona few days ago.......MIND=BLOWN

I can just about do 4 and 5 for god sake!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Valk's trial combos are relatively easy up until it hits 8.

Then it's hard to remember which direction each Wolf dash flies. I don't have it drilled in my head yet.

Oh yeah, I definitely do tick throws with Wolf.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's kind of sad to hear.

I never got into GG, doesn't seem like I'll get a chance anytime soon without getting my stick to work with PS2's.

Maybe I could try to find a Wii copy and get the TvC stick.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I play GG on a pad. Because I don't really have a choice, and I'm too lazy to dual-mod. :I

But GG is SO GOOD. I understand them wanting to make it more accessible, but that would be doing it in all the wrong ways.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So, basically, they're going to dumb GG down like they did with SFIV? :mad:
Maybe. That'd be if Pachi were in charge of creating the next GG, which I suppose might happen. But the bad thing for me is the news that they're pretty much not even thinking about making another one and probably won't consider it for a while.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
They already are unnecessary for every combo. Well, I guess it's character specific, really.

But in general FRCs are used to either make moves safe or give you the option of added pressure. The FRCs in combos are usually for damage increase, but there are certainly a few that are necessary as staple combos for a character.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can't view the SRK link for some odd reason. Maybe I didn't post enough.
But I'll be sad if they dumb down Guilty Gear. The speed of the game and the game's technicality was what made me play it so much.

FRCs were cool, but they weren't totally necessary to become good. But I liked how they were there since it made the player able to lose less tension and create more options. They should definitely leave it in. FRCs didn't really split good players from bad players as much as Parrying did in SF3. So I don't see how removing it would be really helpful.

And if anyone could, can they post the contents of the link?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I can't view it.

I definitely see the dumbing down of GG as a bad idea. From everything I've seen, GG is supposed to be a difficult, balanced fighter for people who have played out the more accessible fighting games. In other words BB, SSFIV, TvC... they're stepping stones to games like Guilty Gear.

I don't even see why you'd get rid of FRCs. They were such a good idea. They increased options without being necessary at high level play, and they were inexpensive enough for the option to arise frequently, which made the decision of whether or not to use them common, which just compounded the amount by which they increased options.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
ph00tbag nailed it.

It would be sad to see such a great game dumbed down like that.

I want my Chipp Zanuff and KY super fast dammit!

I wonder if they will ever make GG vs BB?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah that interview is not on SRK anymore. I'll see if I can find it on another site.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
How so?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious why you think that.
every character is viable (save for lightan), you can cover your character's weaknesses with the right assist (v. joe gets a **** ton better with polymar or ryu), in general you'd see more characters at high level play then in bb (there really isn't a lot of 7-3 mu outside of tekkamen v giants).

overall everyone has options and bull**** they can land easier than in bb (i can't imagine a good litchi or bang being 720'd by tager at top levels but i can see a doronjo landing a loop on a zero or yatterman at top levels).

i'm probably wrong on all accounts and don't take my word as fact but this is imo.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
every character is viable (save for lightan), you can cover your character's weaknesses with the right assist (v. joe gets a **** ton better with polymar or ryu), in general you'd see more characters at high level play then in bb (there really isn't a lot of 7-3 mu outside of tekkamen v giants).

overall everyone has options and bull**** they can land easier than in bb (i can't imagine a good litchi or bang being 720'd by tager at top levels but i can see a doronjo landing a loop on a zero or yatterman at top levels).

i'm probably wrong on all accounts and don't take my word as fact but this is imo.
This pretty much. TvC is very balanced. The only reason you would see the same characters over and over in this game would be because they are very likeable (Zero)/easy to learn (Ryu). Then again, everyone is likeable and easy to learn, but the system itself practically balanced the characters for the creators.

It's a shame it's so underplayed. I really enjoy it.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Everyone is easy to learn? Megaman Volnutt would like a word with you.

But yeah, nitpicking aside TvC did do an excellent job of balance. One of only a handful of examples of a balance patch done right.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I can kinda understand why someone would claim TvC is easy. Everyone has the same launch and subsequent air combo. Every attack gatlings into a stronger attack, so it's easy to combo on the fly and do impressive damage. Every super hitconfirms from almost anything.

So, yeah. I'd say it's pretty easy to pick up and play, but I didn't care enough to keep playing it. I also don't care about versus games, but that's my own personal preference.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
TvC was fun, but it wasn't my favorite for the VS series so I didn't play it much. It's hard to keep playing when there's bad online, and all I have is a Gamecube controller. VS series is one of my favorite for fighters. I just like the crazyness of it. TvC was a little too simple, but I thought it was still a fun game.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm going to be modding it anyway. I'm also thinking of getting a plexi, that way I won't have to rip the original art off when I want to mod it. Just print new art on cardstock or something, put the plexi over the top and away we go. And since it's a limited edition stick, I don't want to just wreck the art, even if it's not amazing, you know?

But yeah, the buttons must go. I have so many white buttons kicking around now. And one of the Street Fighter girls gave me a blue bubbletop, so I think I'll have to put it to good use, especially since this stick has a blue bevel.

I really don't know what to do for the art though. Any suggestions?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm going to be modding it anyway. I'm also thinking of getting a plexi, that way I won't have to rip the original art off when I want to mod it. Just print new art on cardstock or something, put the plexi over the top and away we go. And since it's a limited edition stick, I don't want to just wreck the art, even if it's not amazing, you know?

But yeah, the buttons must go. I have so many white buttons kicking around now. And one of the Street Fighter girls gave me a blue bubbletop, so I think I'll have to put it to good use, especially since this stick has a blue bevel.

I really don't know what to do for the art though. Any suggestions?
You should get a plexi and use one of these:
http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/highlighted/item107461/
http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/topwallers/item16674/

Or just use any Evangelion art. :3

So, about that BlazBlue...

I need to learn some new Mu combos. :3c
And I still need to learn Noel combos. XD

We should play against each other sometime.

Top Bottom