• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
GGs.

I've been getting so much Kokonoe practice lately, so I don't mind the matchup anymore, haha.
I actually find it fun. Especally since Rachel has the necessary tools.

Meanwhile Ragna will get his 6B -> 5C gatling back, dash cancel out of 5D, and Devoured by Darkness will get a damage buff.

... if this happens and Ragna gets top tier spot again in the last version of Chrono Phantasma again, I will laugh. Laugh SO HARD.

--

Hoping that he doesn't, though I could definitely benefit from getting the 6B -> 5C gatling back. I don't get why it was taken out.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
You never know. She might not get any changes until the next real version and still turn out amazing like Valk, haha
I would certainly believe you if you told me Kokonoe will always be good. Even if they nerf her damage into the ground, she will probably always be able to keep most opponents where she wants them thanks to Graviton.

She has good tools all around outside of no meterless reversal, not really all that different from Tao and Valk.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Meanwhile Ragna will get his 6B -> 5C gatling back, dash cancel out of 5D, and Devoured by Darkness will get a damage buff.

... if this happens and Ragna gets top tier spot again in the last version of Chrono Phantasma again, I will laugh. Laugh SO HARD.

--

Hoping that he doesn't, though I could definitely benefit from getting the 6B -> 5C gatling back. I don't get why it was taken out.
I'm glad it was taken out. Forces Ragna players to take a little more risk by not being able to do 6B at max range or make them get used to hit confirming faster.

None of that max range 6B 5C into Gauntlet Hades mixup lol. Same goes for not autopiloting and gatling into 6A.

Edit: Kuraudo, I found a better punish on cornered Kokonoe doing reversal flame super. If you're running and you can't IB, you can do

CH Carnage Scissors > Hold D to cancel follow up > 623C (just before the flame comes back down to hit you) > j236C > j236C > 3C > 22C.
Then do D ID for over 3k damage total. If you have 50 more heat and 50 percent health with a Burst, you can OD Cancel and get over 5k

Going to try a raw OD after the CH Carnage Scissors and see how that turns out. It'll probably be even better.

Double Edit: Looks like raw OD after CH CS is the way to go. 5171 unburstable damage if you have the health and resources.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I finally got to try out Terumi. One of my codes from Play-Asia had an error(a 2 should have been an E), and I didn't email them until Friday night, had to wait through the weekend. :/

He reminds me of Yosuke, but with even less gimmicks. The BB team needs to realize that speed isn't the only thing Chipp had going for him.
But his Chipp palette looks really good, especially whenever his hood is off and you see the spiky white hair.

I'll be sticking with Kokonoe, she has everything I want.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Eh, fast with a poor mixup game.

Yeah, they have very different tools to use, but I think they both want to get in and overwhelm the opponent with their speed.

At least that's what I feel from what I played and fought against. I would probably play them with a similar goal.
Also, I thought Chipp wasn't very good, relative to the rest of the cast of GG?
He is lower in AC, but last I heard he was one of the better characters in +R(that was a while ago though.)

But he has more to work with than just his dash speed. His teleports and ambiguous crossup complements his speed, along with GG's mechanics, like its hard knockdown. He has the tools he needs to make things work, so he wasn't helpless when in a lower tier in AC.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hmm, in my opinion Yosuke didn't have very good pressure-oriented tools, and though he had great speed and mobility, they were better used on maintaining superior positioning and avoiding risk rather than being able to get in and overwhelm.

Vashimus

Smash Master
In +R, Chipp is pretty godlike, simply because the numerous tiny buffs he got add up in a noticeable way. He and Millia have fairly similar gameplans (low-health, high mobility mixup characters), but Millia has much better oki and gets more damage off BnBs. Chipp wasn't necessarily bad, he just wasn't as popular because most people preferred Millia.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Is anyone looking for some netplay this week? I can give some fraudulent Bullet/Azrael/Platinum practice, and I'm trying to figure out fake Hakumen.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll probably be playing online throughout the week.

If I'm logged into PSN, then I'm probably playing online, I usually don't plug my PS3 into my router unless I'm playing something online.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well that was a disappointing connection. I guess coast-to-coast is still unplayable D:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That was bad. :(

I think we have fought before, and I don't remember it being that bad.

Oh well, ggs.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Oh well, ggs.
I'm not sure if I'm just getting used to playing online with locals, but our connection seemed to be not as good as our first BBCP connection.

And like always, I'm up for games Fri-Sun.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Azrael announcer is so angry. I feel like i'm being scolded when a match starts.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Azrael announcer is pretty good! I kind of liked the announcers more when they weren't in character though.

I need a sub for this game, but I don't know~

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So I'm looking over Kokonoe's frame data, and I see her teleport has invul on everything starting on frame 1.

Hahahahahahahaha
I'm starting to think everything about her was intentional.
I need a sub for this game, but I don't know~
You went back to Terumi?

What about your old characters, like Mu?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You went back to Terumi?

What about your old characters, like Mu?

Yeaaah, he's kind of gimmicky, but I have fun playing him.

I might try Mu again, but I'm not really feeling her this version. She's really good, but I find her neutral isn't as scary as it used to be. And I don't like Noel's changes at all. I tried Tsubaki for a bit, but I miss a lot of her old specials and their properties.

I dunno! I've been trying to mess around with some other chars, but I haven't really found anyone that I really enjoy yet.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Have you tried say, Tao, Platinum, Litchi, or Valkenhayn?

And I know for me personally that with the other iterations I felt the changes with Noel were much less in that she still played relatively the same. With CP, they've changed her up a bunch and I kind of feel more "naturally exposed" and like I have to start from scratch, which is something I haven't felt since CT.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I feel like my neutral isn't good enough to play Tao or Valk, haha. I always thought Litchi was cool, but a little too slow for me. I might try Plat again, she seems fun.

It's partly that, but I also think Noel is just straight-up bad in this version, and she's not as enjoyable to play because they took her stagger pressure away in favour of drive pressure.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm always hesitant to call her straight up bad (well, CS1 was, but everyone knows that), but I certainly agree on the pressure changes. It may be kinda upsetting to sort of "be semi-forced to go try other characters", in the short run, but I'll probably be thankful for the change in the long run.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Oh well, ggs.
I'll try restarting my router today, I was getting random lagspikes with someone in my city last night as well.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That sounds like an awful matchup, I don't even want to think about it.

Good thing I'm playing a character that can just teleport past all the lasers. :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That sounds like an awful matchup, I don't even want to think about it.

Good thing I'm playing a character that can just teleport past all the lasers. :3

...And get DP'd for your trouble? I was playing someone who forgot about Mu's dash-teleport-air cross up move (Sword of Decimation B), and wound up using that to get halfway across the screen until they figured out the startup time on it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
...And get DP'd for your trouble? I was playing someone who forgot about Mu's dash-teleport-air cross up move (Sword of Decimation B), and wound up using that to get halfway across the screen until they figured out the startup time on it.
I won't just teleport in when Mu is standing there ready to punish.

I know the graviton teleport is easy to see coming, but once it's set up, I just need 33 frames to get in.
I just have to find the right time, even easier if I have a fireball out.

But that's just theory fighting, I haven't fought a Mu with Kokonoe yet.

I'll try restarting my router today, I was getting random lagspikes with someone in my city last night as well.
I want to say we fought in Minato's room, and probably in P4U too.

The connection was never great, but not as bad as last night. I tried restarting my router too, but it will probably still not be too good. :/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
What's this, I'm cursed?

I'll just toss out a black hole, 200+ frames of invul.
Would have been impractical as hell if my opponent knew what to do, but still, this super is silly. I love it.

Still hate Arakune though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think some characters can get out of it in certain situations, but yeah, I imagine you'll be able to catch quite a few people off guard with it, haha.

Sometimes I wish I still played Mu. I could fraud so hard.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, several characters have a way out of it. It seems that invincible attacks that move a character forward tend to work.

Unfortunately, it looks like Rachel is one of the few that can get out without meter, so no free reset against Minato for me. :/

Top Bottom