• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Azrael can just sit in the eye of the storm with Growler Field and it looks hilarious.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, several characters have a way out of it. It seems that invincible attacks that move a character forward tend to work.

Unfortunately, it looks like Rachel is one of the few that can get out without meter, so no free reset against Minato for me. :/
Depends. Black Hole as I do my emergency/neutral tech doesn't work on me since I can wind. But if I've already teched or I'm just in neutral, I can't escape it since even backdash+wind post superflash won't work. Characters like Ragna and Bang can escape post superflash in neutral.

Rachel might be the only one who can escape the 236C RC setup though, but I have to test out my idea first.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Rachel might be the only one who can escape the 236C RC setup though, but I have to test out my idea first.
I haven't heard of this setup before. Would it be me timing the black hole for when my opponent thaws out of the ice?
Sounds like it would be really good, I'll have to work on that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't heard of this setup before. Would it be me timing the black hole for when my opponent thaws out of the ice?
Sounds like it would be really good, I'll have to work on that.
Do a long combo and end with 236C RC 2D 214A Black Hole. Only 2 hits of 214A will connect, and then they should be in stand block state and get hit by the Black Hole. I could be wrong, this is all off the top of my head.

Also learn her followups after Black Hole. She can get 6k without meter. Over 7.5k with another 50 heat.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That sounds interesting, though I'll have to work on my combos more before I can set that up. I've been working on other areas lately, so I only know some basic combos with Kokonoe.

Her damage off of the black hole is crazy, she only needs about 60 meter in the corner to get 8.3k.
I'm terrible at timing the followup to that super right now though.

Vashimus

Smash Master
It's sad never really got into Blazblue despite buying the game. I think because it's because I could never really find a main to stick with. I have Extend, but I'm not even sure about getting CP and probably get rocked. I like Tao and Valkenhayn so far, and I'll see if I pick can pick up CP.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've discovered the best way to use TK Blood Scythe. So Minato, or anyone that's subbing Ragna? This is for you guys!

I've been tired of getting grounded Blood Scythe to come out instead and the combo ends mid-screen or in the corner.

After 6A you typically would do 8214D to buffer the jump leaing into Aerial Blood Scythe. It's really hard to do and sometimes you're just not quick enough or your stick doesn't respond quickly enough and it comes out grounded. So instead? Do this.

6A -> 963214D

Do it fast enough and it since you're moving your stick from 6 to 9 and IMMEDIATELY doing a 180 degree motion? It'll read as j.214D

Try practicing just doing 6A -> 963214D. It works!

So disregard what I just said. I was wondering why doing this would cause them to bounce behind you, but it's because you move a pixel or something forward when you do and it doesn't work. What a piss-off. Apparently doing 7214D works. But it's so ****ing hard!!! FDKSJAHDS

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
We seriously need a local tournament here. I'll have to talk to Shiro and ask him if we can try and build hype for Chrono Phantasma since we've got a few copies of the game.

We've got myself, Crusayer, Kyle, Scrimgore, Yoshara, Burningpyre and JAPAN_Fox people that play the game consistently. Not including those that have dabbled in the scene previously or others I may not know about.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just 2147D Kuraudo lol. I actually don't have issues with it. There are times when I don't press D late enough, giving me a regular one.
Just takes practice and you'll get it down. But yeah, don't TK with 9 unless you're going to do some crazy swag combo with an RC I guess lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I just 2147D Kuraudo lol. I actually don't have issues with it. There are times when I don't press D late enough, giving me a regular one.
Just takes practice and you'll get it down. But yeah, don't TK with 9 unless you're going to do some crazy swag combo with an RC I guess lol

Hmm... Swag combos sound nice though... Especially if j.C hits behind me.

But wait, when you say you 2147D, are you doing that right after 6A? Your j.Blood Scythe registers BEFORE you even hit 7 for jumping? If so, that's interesting. I'll hafta try it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hmm... Swag combos sound nice though... Especially if j.C hits behind me.

But wait, when you say you 2147D, are you doing that right after 6A? Your j.Blood Scythe registers BEFORE you even hit 7 for jumping? If so, that's interesting. I'll hafta try it.
Oh, no, I mean if I press D too soon, it'll still think I'm on the ground. Even if I did 2147, giving me the wrong Blood Scythe.

Sarix

Smash Ace
It's sad never really got into Blazblue despite buying the game. I think because it's because I could never really find a main to stick with. I have Extend, but I'm not even sure about getting CP and probably get rocked. I like Tao and Valkenhayn so far, and I'll see if I pick can pick up CP.
That's a shame you never could really get into it. Did no one really interest you or was it the opposite?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The thing Kuraudo first mentioned is basically what I do whenever I need to 6B > TK j.236C with Relius.

I don't think it matters which direction I jump, so I'm always doing something like a 360 for a quarter circle. I'm not sure why anymore, I guess it helped with timing it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
GGs Minato.

Our connection does not seem like a 2. :U I couldn't do anything with Rachel.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Minato.

Our connection does not seem like a 2. :U I couldn't do anything with Rachel.
GGs. And that's why I stopped using Rachel after the first few matches lol.
Could not JC or fuzzy, which seemed hard for you as well. Hopefully this was a one time thing though :/

I'll have to restart my router and hopefully it'll be smoother the next time.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah. It was better last time. We're not too far away from each other, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs everyone.

It started out rough, but I'm pretty happy with how I played towards the end, I'll need to work on some better combos though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Rutger. I need to go eat dinner. But I'll be back on in 30 something minutes if you want to do some more matches.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato. I'm done for tonight.

Didn't know you were playing Jin. He gave me a lot of trouble, I think I want to approach the zoning game with more gravitons and fireballs next time. The lightning trap seemed to work well, so maybe zoning would be better for me in this matchup?

Jin's j2C got me so much in oki. :(
Didn't know he could cross me up in the corner either.
And his air throw caught me in the strangest ways. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Minato. I'm done for tonight.

Didn't know you were playing Jin. He gave me a lot of trouble, I think I want to approach the zoning game with more gravitons and fireballs next time. The lightning trap seemed to work well, so maybe zoning would be better for me in this matchup?

Jin's j2C got me so much in oki. :(
Didn't know he could cross me up in the corner either.
I'm learning Tao too, but Jin's was a lot easier to pick up, so I'm not ready to use her in casuals yet. Zoning in this matchup might help, but I'm not sure. I think I can just air dash past 22B if you let your guard down, but I didn't attempt it that often. I probably should just to see.

And yeah, he has that safe jump timing after his 22Cs. Me crossing up in the corner is just a gimmick I messed around with on j236D.
During startup if you see it coming, you could probably dash under it to escape that weird pressure.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I would like to see if I could place 22B and a graviton after 236A. If it does work then I'll have access to fireball and/or teleport, or I could just use my normals if he tries to pass the 22B.

It's just a thought, at the very least I know I haven't been taking advantage of gravitons as much as I should of in general.

Haha, I never even thought to dash out when I saw a j236D, Kokonoe's dash should be more than fast enough for that.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wow.

I don't even know what to say, I've never seen someone fly all over the place like that.
Her graviton combos have gone far beyond anything I could have imagined.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
So I purchased BBCP. Pretty great game. Right off the bat, I knew who I wanted to use. My main was gonna be Kagura and pushed through the story hardcore just to get him. He's so satisfying to play. It's even better since in traditional fighting games, I love charge characters and then they mixed stances in him too? What more can I ask for. I spent a good deal training with him, not being able to wait till I git gud.

About an hour in, a Niisan Altima made of ice comes out of nowhere and completely runs Kagura over in the middle of our training session before I could even blink. There was a blonde swordsman at the wheel.

"Get in, Loser. We're going brother hunting.", he scornfully said with a look of disgust on his face.

and that's how I came to main jin all over again

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Jutsu-shiki? Kudaran... Kagaku koso chikara da! Ahahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I officially am at a loss for words for stuff like that. I honestly have no idea what I could say about it at this point other than to just shake my head and go "wow...".

Top Bottom