• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Thanks.
And :(

I had to main her though, she fits my playstyle perfectly, possibly even moreso than Chipp does.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, I'll play. I'll be on in a minute.

GGs Minato and Aisight. I'll probably be back on later tonight.

My new Oki seems to work pretty well, I'll need to work on my pressure though.

I'm still free to Bullet. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Watch Tsujikawa's Kokonoe. A lot of dumb tech in that vid for her. :[

And GGs. I have to go eat. I'm doing another lobby later at night most likely.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
gg, Rutger. On our game:
- If you air-block her j.C, be prepared to barrier block until you land, or mash a fast downward jump attack, or you'll eat air-unblockable 5B into Lock-On combo.
- I understand you like keeping your distance, but giving me no pressure from full-screen means I can Afterburner charge without worry, and Lv2 Bullet is a lot scarier than Lv0 Bullet.
- Don't ALWAYS start your oki with overhead lol.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking with always going for the overhead, I didn't have that problem against Minato.

I think I'll try more rushdown next time. Bullet seems to be a character designed ruin my preferred playstyle, I'll have to change it against her. :/
Or I'll at least stay at a good range so I can run up 3C if she tries to charge.

I should also go into training mode and learn more about her, I didn't even know she had a hop style dash until I got the game.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato and Aisight.

I hate to say this, but I stopped trying at some point during that.
Our connection is much better than the other day we played Aisight, but the lag still ended up getting to me.

Oh well, the first half was fun.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs everyone. Today was really helpful. Lately I've been have problems on confirming in situations. I still do, but I'm trying to make an effort on it in friendlies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
General consensus is that kokonoe vs rachel is free.

Being able to get out of black hole without meter seems to be the only thing she has going in the matchup.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
General consensus is that kokonoe vs rachel is free.

Being able to get out of black hole without meter seems to be the only thing she has going in the matchup.
After my friend leveled up his Kokonoe, I really do agree... .__.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah. I'm really sad, at first I figured she'd be one of the few characters to do okay against her, but after getting in a little experience with her + seeing N-O get bodied hard by tsuji's kokonoe (when i'm pretty sure he has a winning record against his tao) I have no hope for the matchup. N-O thinks it's just going to keep getting harder, too. :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah. I'm really sad, at first I figured she'd be one of the few characters to do okay against her, but after getting in a little experience with her + seeing N-O get bodied hard by tsuji's kokonoe (when i'm pretty sure he has a winning record against his tao) I have no hope for the matchup. N-O thinks it's just going to keep getting harder, too. :(
It's so annoying that fireball and graviton basically sweeps the floor and kills george. Placing and activating a graviton messes spacing or even hits you, making you lose frog and pumpkin. I'm finding it difficult to get stuff out safely. Without it, it's scary challenging those normals.

I get enjoyment on how rewarding it feels to win, but there's too much frustration on most of the match.

I really hate that graviton and her normals. Even worse that I don't really see Kokonoe having to manage graviton meter to a high degree or anything.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And lobelia only takes out one of fireball's six hits.

Seems to me like she can just set lightning and a graviton and then jump around and j.b. If we wind in everything we can do loses against j.b, and if we try to set things up she can activate graviton and mess up everything we just laid out.

If we can get it in on her, we can wreak some havoc for a while, but super fireball in the corner is basically unpunishable. If it's midscreen, we can jump over it and punish her, while in the corner all we can do is bait it, hit her once and then either guard the hits, which gives her free mixup opportunity, or reset back to neutral which is the last place we want to be against her.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And lobelia only takes out one of fireball's six hits.

Seems to me like she can just set lightning and a graviton and then jump around and j.b. If we wind in everything we can do loses against j.b, and if we try to set things up she can activate graviton and mess up everything we just laid out.

If we can get it in on her, we can wreak some havoc for a while, but super fireball in the corner is basically unpunishable. If it's midscreen, we can jump over it and punish her, while in the corner all we can do is bait it, hit her once and then either guard the hits, which gives her free mixup opportunity, or reset back to neutral which is the last place we want to be against her.
For corner, the best way to punish it is to IB the first hit and then run up and throw. It should be a throw counter and the A fireball super on the way down should pass you before the throw animation finish. Not sure if it has to be IB'ed point blank since regular block doesn't cut it iirc. But I do know that after super flash, you can back dash and wind forward and go for a throw counter as well, so that might work if you're not at point blank.

Granted, all of this means you didn't press anything at the start. :/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, okay. I guess I'll practice IBing the first hit then. I don't except to be able to do it too often online but at least it's something. I'm guessing you can't barrier it either?

Just tested it with instant blocking, and I still get hit by one of the hits at the end of the grab animation. :/ Do i need to delay it slightly or something?

Nevermind, got it. You do have to delay it a bit. It actually helps if you aren't point blank, so just dashing in + throwing gives you the right amount of time you need to avoid all of the hits.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think my characters at this point are Bullet, Azrael, Platinum, Mu; if you'd like to update my front page info.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So I can get around 5k meterless AND black hole oki?

This character seems legit.
I'm gonna mess up that dash 6B so much on netplay.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato.

I know you have been talking about the Rachel vs Kokonoe matchup being difficult, but damn, those lobelias are always in my face, it's difficult to use the normal fireball.
Maybe some of it is lag though.

Oh well, I won a match, I'm happy.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Minato.

I know you have been talking about the Rachel vs Kokonoe matchup being difficult, but damn, those lobelias are always in my face, it's difficult to use the normal fireball.
Maybe some of it is lag though.

Oh well, I won a match, I'm happy.
GGs. I've been taking Tec's advice and going back to basics. And reworking my strategy from there since I've hit a wall. I'm doing more normals when I'm challenging air to air, and I'm using wall bounce lobelia and 22B for pressure.

I think you'll do better on the matchup if you place more drives on top of me so I can't throw out lobelias since you can activate gravitons and teleport from there. Up back, graviton and air fireball is good too. You caught me with those Black Hole resets. I keep forgetting about those. Also don't do 2D when you're in the corner. It basically kept Rachel in place while you barriered.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I keep forgetting just how good the graviton detonation is, I need to work more of that into all my matches.
It's not like Kokonoe needs to worry about her graviton meter too much anyways.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I need to get my mind focused into this. The Persona 5 announcement hype has driven me to go play Persona games when I should be getting matchup experience and honing defense. D'ohhh.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was bored and reached 3rd Dan today for ranked. I kind of don't want to do more since I'm pretty much replaying the same pool of players.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Spent more hours than I should experimenting in practice mode and way improved my possible conversions with Stylish Bullet lol. I am now capable of dealing 5k damage meterless whether I'm in the corner or with my back to the corner, along with j.D for oki setup.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If anyone wants to play, I'll be on PSN for a bit. Obviously not all day since it's Thanksgiving.

Vashimus

Smash Master
That's a shame you never could really get into it. Did no one really interest you or was it the opposite?
It was for generally stupid reasons. The simple answer would be I couldn't find someone I truly liked to make me push through learning it. I got tired of the game during CS, but watching CP matches has really gotten me interested again and made me come back. But more importantly, with GG+R and Xrd existing, I can finally accept BB for what it is rather than feeling resentful towards it and expecting it to fill GG's shoes. In other words, I've grown up and come to terms with my past issues.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I made a tier list

kokonoe
hakumen, valkenhayn
tao, litchi, hazama, azrael, jin
rachel, relius, bang, ragna, mu, arakune, kagura, carl, nu
tsubaki, platinum, noel, terumi, amane
tager, bullet, izayoi, makoto

mostly because people keep asking me how good x character is and it's kind of hard to visualize if i don't list all the characters together, but i figured it could also be a nice conversation piece. so feel free to critique and whatnot!

i'm not really sure where kagura should be tbh, as i haven't gotten much experience with him yet, so just take that as an approximation.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I like it, looks pretty accurate! I don't think Kagura is very good, to be honest. He looked really strong when the game first came out, but his neutral is SO GARBAGE, haha. His normals are really strange too. I think people are starting to figure him out. His damage is good, but his mixup... is not that good. A lot of it seems easy to disrespect, and the good stuff requires oki. At least from what I've seen. I bet he's good enough in lag. I dunno, his neutral just seems really bad. Just my 0.02 though.

Now I want to do one! Not ordered within tiers:

SS: Kokonoe
S: Valk, Tao, Litchi
A: Hakumen, Hazama, Mu, Rachel > Relius, Ragna, Jin, Azrael
B: Carl, Noel, Izayoi, Bang, Tsubaki, Nu, Terumi, Makoto > Amane, Arakune, Platinum, Bullet, Tager, Kagura

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I can never quite get over Valk being S Tier. I mean, I know he's good, but it just seems more strange than Litchi or Tao being there for some reason I really can't pinpoint, even though Valk has the tools. And while I hated fighting Arakune and Platinum (at times) in CSX, it makes me sad to see them drop. Most of A-tier though, I feel will pretty much always be at least around A-tier (actually, pretty much all but Rachel/Relius, unless Azrael in later versions gets a damage nerf).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why would they nerf Azrael's damage? If anything he needs a damage buff so he can truly represent how ridiculous he is according to the story :D

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Why would they nerf Azrael's damage? If anything he needs a damage buff so he can truly represent how ridiculous he is according to the story :D

Well, I guess what I was trying to say is "unless they re-do the character, changing his damage is the only way I can see his tier placement changing".

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like it, looks pretty accurate! I don't think Kagura is very good, to be honest. He looked really strong when the game first came out, but his neutral is SO GARBAGE, haha. His normals are really strange too. I think people are starting to figure him out. His damage is good, but his mixup... is not that good. A lot of it seems easy to disrespect, and the good stuff requires oki. At least from what I've seen. I bet he's good enough in lag. I dunno, his neutral just seems really bad. Just my 0.02 though.
Thanks. :bee: Yeah, he might be. The few times I've fought him I got kind of destroyed. I was probably being too respectful though, because I'm sure I could've easily jabbed/chaired out of things, but his high/low have very similar animations so if you do respect him it's really hard to block what he does do, or at least it was for me.

The kagura's I've played on netplay so far have all been super telegraphed. Like just 2c > slide special, and then lots of j.c and projectile thing. But I think he might have more going for him than that.

Now I want to do one! Not ordered within tiers:

SS: Kokonoe
S: Valk, Tao, Litchi
A: Hakumen, Hazama, Mu, Rachel > Relius, Ragna, Jin, Azrael
B: Carl, Noel, Izayoi, Bang, Tsubaki, Nu, Terumi, Makoto > Amane, Arakune, Platinum, Bullet, Tager, Kagura
It's interesting seeing other people's ideas of where characters should be. Especially the ones who are almost always put in relatively the same positions, and then the ones who vary wildly, lol.

Top Bottom