• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't know if I can really explain it right now, but Kagura seems about as good as Tager. Which is to say, not very good, aha.

At least he's got mixups though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I don't know if I can really explain it right now, but Kagura seems about as good as Tager. Which is to say, not very good, aha.

At least he's got mixups though.
Dora has recently stated that Kagura is strong. Judging by how awful the Kokonoes (far into the teams bracket too) my friends and I saw on the NEC stream, I'm pretty sure we don't have any US players that do Kagura justice. Not going to say he's strong or not though until I get a better idea.

Again on Kokonoe, I can't believe our players are this bad with her lol.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Aw, I wanted to see how awful our Kokonoes are, but team St1ckBuG doesn't have an archive of NEC. :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just saw the weirdest stuff in general at NEC. Stuff that looked like burst baits while they had no bursts. Also surprisingly I saw no black hole combos or anything. Rarely saw any meter usage at least. My point is mostly that I wonder if the people in the states that want her banned has fought really strong Kokonoe players personally, or just want to not deal with it because they know she's really good through videos and maybe dealt with the matchup very few times.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
No black hole combos?
That's not a combo that I would want to ignore learning before a tournament.

Are there a lot of people that want her banned? Obviously I going to be somewhat biased, but I don't think she's better than CT's top three right now.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think she's good, like really good. Unfortunately, most Americans aren't very good, so we won't really see what she's capable of for a long time. If you don't let her set stuff up, she's much easier to deal with, and I feel like some characters (like Mu) probably beat her for free.

Then again, people started complaining about Noel once Delta started winning, so you'll just never make some people happy.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Everyone let Delta get away with so much stuff. Everyone crouch blocked during drive strings, but you should stand block and react to lows. Plus no one AA'ed 2D which let Delta back in for free. 2D has Head Attribute on the attack iirc. Pretty sad at what I saw. :/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think she's good, like really good. Unfortunately, most Americans aren't very good, so we won't really see what she's capable of for a long time. If you don't let her set stuff up, she's much easier to deal with, and I feel like some characters (like Mu) probably beat her for free.

Then again, people started complaining about Noel once Delta started winning, so you'll just never make some people happy.
There's no doubt that she's good. There's some really silly stuff about her, but she is also far from the strongest character seen in a fighting game.

I feel like Tao, Hazama, and maybe Valk have a good chance against her.
Everyone let Delta get away with so much stuff. Everyone crouch blocked during drive strings, but you should stand block and react to lows. Plus no one AA'ed 2D which let Delta back in for free. 2D has Head Attribute on the attack iirc. Pretty sad at what I saw. :/
This is advice I really needed. :(

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
There's no doubt that she's good. There's some really silly stuff about her, but she is also far from the strongest character seen in a fighting game.

I feel like Tao, Hazama, and maybe Valk have a good chance against her.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree with you there, haha. I just feel like a lot of the ban talk was mostly kneejerk reactions.

And a Kagura takes it. Just after I start talking about how bad he is, haha.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Team Kaguras + Kokonoe taking it was something I totally didn't expect, and really didn't expect to have Kagura be the big problem he was.

Also, I just want to throw out that Izayoi combos are actually kind of fun, and for all my efforts for learning Hakumen, I still have issues doing 214A>41236C consistently as it often just leads to his non-counter distortion instead for some random reason. And Valk seems potentially fun too, and Hazama is more sensible than I thought, and Jin, and Mu. Agh, I legit don't know who to secondary, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My thoughts atm
same level on same line

Kokonoe??
Valkenhayn, Taokaka, Litchi
Jin, Hazama
Hakumen, Mu, Ragna, Rachel, Azrael, Relius
Terumi
Noel, Tsubaki, Bang, Kagura
Tager, Carl, Platinum
Amane, Bullet, Makoto
Izayoi, Arakune

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It still makes me sad to see Bang as low as he is, and I don't even play him. It's also kinda sad that some of the interesting characters play-style wise like Amane and Izayoi are that though. Oh, and whereabouts would you put Nu?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would say everyone is tournament viable, but I feel like Kokonoe might change that.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It still makes me sad to see Bang as low as he is, and I don't even play him. It's also kinda sad that some of the interesting characters play-style wise like Amane and Izayoi are that though. Oh, and whereabouts would you put Nu?
Whoops. Nu between Noel tier and Tager tier.

As far as I'm concerned, Bullet is only garbage when she's not glowing.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry Minato. :( idk what's wrong, and I have no idea what else I could try to fix it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sorry Minato. :( idk what's wrong, and I have no idea what else I could try to fix it.
Actually, the problem was on my end this time. I left BB on before the 1.03 patch hit, so I didn't DL it until recently.

Had the same problem with a friend right after I sent one to you, but now it's fine.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh okay. I still don't know if we will be able to play, but next time we're on at that same time we can try it again.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Very rarely. Seems like a lot of people either lost interest quickly or got pinned down by finals around this time.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm going to assume it's a mix of finals, work, the time of the year in general, some people not having PS3s, and the fact it's still in an import phase and most people tend to wait until games are released locally to get them, and are waiting until march.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
*Chump

Don't be all frauding up now, Lythi. :p

It's totally not like there hasn't been some weird netplay shenanigans, or anything like that. *shifty eyes*

But actually, this has me thinking I might need some more just straight up practice in the hyperbolic time chamber though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I didn't know it was possible to think that Kokonoe's normals were not good enough, but then I fought a Mu yesterday.

I need more exp. and I don't know how much lag affected it, but DDDDD was surprisingly difficult to deal with.
For now, I'm just going to think that Mu is a stupid character. :|

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
But I'd rather fight Koko. :(

Honestly, I'm pretty interested in this matchup now. It could be in Mu's favor, but I just don't know enough yet.
I wonder if anyone else could possibly pull off a good matchup against her as well.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Maybe? Mu doesn't get out of black hole setups, but her neutral is stronger imo. Other than that, they are kinda similar. Good normals, strong oki, dumb drives.

I bet there are some characters that do okay. I just don't have enough experience to really say. Litchi and Carl, maybe?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lordy, I really do need to spend time learning Mu. But then I wind up spending time with Jin and Hazama as a result of getting frustrated with Hakumen, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Just play who you like, you can't really go wrong with any of those chars. :)

Trying to learn a bunch may slow down your overall improvement with one though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's true. I just kind of felt that if I learned a couple of others it'd help me understand the game better as since I've always been so Noel-focused, I think I've developed some pretty bad habits/expectations of "how she's supposed to play". The idea was that using a couple others would help give me insight on different ways to approach and look at situations, and make it easier for me to adjust and learn how to deal with them, making me a more flexible player. At least, on paper that's what it was.

Top Bottom