• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think the thing I hate most about that combo is that even at 100%, without using the extra Fireball, that combo still probably does around 9k with no prior set-up OTHER than landing Black Hole.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Okay, Rutger.

Now learn how to do that.

And your Koko will be complete. :3

(Bonus points for using OD and Mecha Tager!)
Hahaha, I think I would want something that doesn't need 100 meter and my health below 35% first.

Luckily the hardest part of that combo looks to be the black hole > 22B > 3C links. Once I get that down for other combos, this one should quickly follow. :3
Then I can drop it in every stupid way imaginable.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs everyone. Guess it's time for me to hit training mode again, there were so many stray hits that I could have capitalized on today.

I didn't know that you could exit back to the room while spectating, didn't all the other games only give you the option to leave the room from the pause menu? Or am I just remembering wrong because I rarely use that menu?
Anyways, it's good to know for whenever I use auto-pass again.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs everyone. Guess it's time for me to hit training mode again, there were so many stray hits that I could have capitalized on today.

I didn't know that you could exit back to the room while spectating, didn't all the other games only give you the option to leave the room from the pause menu? Or am I just remembering wrong because I rarely use that menu?
Anyways, it's good to know for whenever I use auto-pass again.
Yeah, it's a new feature in this game. Which is nice since so I can go to the lobby room and respond to a message or something.

And yeah, I recommend getting used to hitconfirming into damaging combos.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hitconfirming has always been one of my weakest areas, I gained some really bad habits with how I played my characters throughout CT and CS.

Luckily, despite how silly Koko is, I can't autopilot everything like I used to. I think she will really help my hitconfirming.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think being able to switch gears and apply offense would be good too, for when you aren't able to gain an early lead and actually force an action out of your opponent with keepaway.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Merry Christmas everyone.

The BlazBlue anime is already done? I have a feeling that I'll never bother to watch it now.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I only watched up to the first Takamagahara appearance.
it was explained much better than it was in the games.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm trying that out right now. I haven't been able to recreate it to where Tao can't just mash out before the lightning goes off yet. :/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was going to jokingly say a command grab, but then I remembered her astral.

I wonder what they were thinking when they designed her. Did you all know that Unlimited Kokonoe actually has a nerf? She can't connect j.C into graviton activate midscreen.

Of course, U.Kokonoe is still ridiculous, but that change doesn't sound right does it?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hm, we need more of us playing this game anyway. And I'll be down for games most of the week, since I should probably practice for the tournament I'm going to in late Feb.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll fight you in kokonoe mirrors! I just have to learn kokonoe first

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
gg's, Rutger. My attempts to coax you into playing Kokonoe over the long term failed. : (

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Aisight.

I felt like working on my Tao with the possible Kokonoe ban going on. Unfortunately, I don't think I made much progress, her combos have changed a lot since I've last played her seriously.

You should have sent a message saying play Kokonoe to me, I would have, I like her playstyle the most.
I will admit that landing Kokonoe's astral against Tager was extremely satisfying.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I figured you were either gonna switch if I beat you enough or you were really driven on learning.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's the latter, I want my Tao to be a threat, unlike my other subs that I never put work into.

I'll most likely be playing again tomorrow night, If we play I'll pick Kokonoe.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Can someone play my Kokonoe tomorrow/today? I'm getting this character down finally besides 2 hit or so hit confirms.

I'll post again, but I'll be on in the afternoon or so.

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie
Anyone else have a crazy amount of trouble with the Fatal Counter tutorial? I've tried it for nearly an hour straight and nothing. It makes Marvel's OTG combos look like a walk in the park.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've never done any of the tutorials, and I'm gonna guess most other people here haven't either.

Unless you're planning on playing Ragna (or whatever char they use in tutorial mode), there isn't really much point in doing it. You'll just be putting a lot of effort into a character that you're not even using. If you are using Ragna (or whoever), then you're probably learning a suboptimal fatal combo anyway, and that's not really the most useful thing you can learn when you're trying to pick up a new game or char.

Just know that a move with fatal counter properties is a move that adds 3 frames of hitstun, so it allows you to do combos that you couldn't normally do otherwise. And then learn a good fatal combo when the time comes for whichever character you play.

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie
Good point. At the moment I'm not sure who I'll end up maining so there's no point annoying myself with Ragna's ridiculous frame perfect combo.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Can someone play my Kokonoe tomorrow/today? I'm getting this character down finally besides 2 hit or so hit confirms.

I'll post again, but I'll be on in the afternoon or so.
Not looking forward to seeing you already play Kokonoe significantly better than I do. :(

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs everyone.

As I expected, Minato's Kokonoe is better than mine, but at least I saw some interesting things.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Rutger and Aisight. Playing Aisight for too long online makes me salty :[
I'll learn his strings properly and IB them one day.

And I think my Kokonoe's improving. I'm just bad at switching gears and doing optimal combos. Not once did I do a better AA or CH combo. I tried to do the blockstring "infinite" but I'm timing it wrong and I wasn't able to 22B yet. A few things I need to work on. Same goes for pressure since I did too many bad j2Cs.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs all. I'm sorry if my American mash gets you mad. :(
I've learned I have to deal with online just because there's a giant pool of players. So no matter how mad I sound in a lobby, I still want to play more eventually lol

But that's for next time. I need to slowly finish up my weekend homework for school right now.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was just typing out a post about that. :(

So it looks like BlazBlue will finally get its beach episode, it is now the most anime of all fighting games.
Can't wait to see Kokonoe in arcades!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Valk better be nerfed hard. He's had more than enough time to be top tier.

Top Bottom