• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rachel's midscreen baden baden lily bnb doesn't work on Kokonoe.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Even without a delay in timing somewhere, Spelt? I know Tao combos were adjusted to still work, but I haven't tried yet since I'm busy with school.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Playing Azreal is kinda weird. Like, I love the way his moves look (Valiant Charger combos are sick) but it's weird playing a link heavy character in BB. It definitely threw me for a loop when I went in the lab.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That first half... what did I just watch? lol

Platinum and the end was good though at least.
First half was so random and completely unnecessary. It was important for the plot though, Ragna could leave the clinic and get mad at Noel.

Also, I guess I never really pictured in my mind how Sena and Luna looked in Platinum's body, I always pictured them bickering with the robe on.
I really enjoyed the ~3 minutes they were onscreen.

Well, Alter Memory Episode 5 IS missing Bang still, so...
Nor Arakune. Currently in the anime Litchi has been nothing but the boobie lady.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I hope that doesn't come as a surprise. One of the reasons I'm not too big a fan of lots of recent anime is how fanservicey they get sometimes, makes **** hard to sit through.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's easier to sell boobs than it is to write diverse, interesting characters and compress a ridiculously deep and convoluted story into manageable chunks.

Just the way it goes, sometimes.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll keep maining Izayoi for now, because I've been known to make terrible decisions on who to main, but Kokonoe looks too fun to pass up.

Fast with good normals has always been my kind of character though, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up my main one day.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
She's super fun! Her normals seem really good too. She's got science! And gravity stuff without being a fatty Tager. And pink hair!

It's like... my everything.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
God I finally FINALLY GOT MY COPY I'M SO HAPPY.

I don't really know what I'm doing yet in this game. I just tinkered with Noel's normals so far but the game looks gorgeous

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what it is, but after playing a bunch of matches against one of Raziek's friends' Kagura last night...I'm almost tempted to try and pick up Hakumen in this game.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hakumen's a solid A tier that runs heavily on defense and reactive play. He's a good character to learn game flow from, imo.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even without a delay in timing somewhere, Spelt? I know Tao combos were adjusted to still work, but I haven't tried yet since I'm busy with school.

I don't think so, unless there's something I haven't tried yet.

The problem is that she only gets hit with like 2 hits of bbl after 3c, and the only solution i found for that is 7ding before the bbl.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Kuraudo's gotten so good now, especially in footsies.

Gonna have to tweak my zoning and figure out how I should challenge his normals.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think the two of us just need to play more and more. You'll figure me out as much as I figure you out and by that time we'll both have a better footing on the match-up!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I do have to agree with Minato though. You really seem to have picked up stuff fast on this game and you don't seem to have any trouble hitconfirming for sure. At least when we played.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Maybe it's the faster pace? IDK if I've gotten that much better, though I feel I'm improving. Thanks guys! But yeah, faster pace. I'm so used to playing Sonic in Brawl, not to mention the speed of Melee as far as matches go. So maybe I just excel in quicker-paced games? Since we got an amped up boost from the previous BB games.

[EDIT]

Also I think the main thing that I'm remembering when I play this game is the new combo system. Before when I could hit with a 5A/2A I could still make long combos happen. but I can only get longer combos off B/C moves, longer if I can snag a D hit. The higher the alphabet number for me, the longer my combo goes for. That's my rule of thumb most of the time. So I just adjust what combos I can do accordingly. Which is why you barely see me try to extend stuff if I land a 5A/2A starting. I sacrifice damage for setting up to try again for something even stronger.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think the two of us just need to play more and more. You'll figure me out as much as I figure you out and by that time we'll both have a better footing on the match-up!
Yeah. I have an idea on what I should work on, so hopefully I get around it soon.

Just came back from casuals, and my friend's Kokonoe's insane. 3-5k after unblockable reset and crazy stuff like 4 way mixup oki.
I've almost gotten the matchup down at the moment. Figured out some ways out of his new unblockable setups that I can get out with.

My Rachel's gotten better today but I'm still trying to apply new things. Number 1 on the list is converting air hit confirms into good ground combos.

Also I think the main thing that I'm remembering when I play this game is the new combo system. Before when I could hit with a 5A/2A I could still make long combos happen. but I can only get longer combos off B/C moves, longer if I can snag a D hit. The higher the alphabet number for me, the longer my combo goes for. That's my rule of thumb most of the time. So I just adjust what combos I can do accordingly. Which is why you barely see me try to extend stuff if I land a 5A/2A starting. I sacrifice damage for setting up to try again for something even stronger.
Starters affecting combos applied last game too. Like Extend Ragna using a 2A starter on a cornered opponent would have to lead into 5B 5C ID etc. It's just that previous BBs had crazy long combos.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Minato.

Well, I was prepared to tough it out with Izayoi, but there's no use fighting it, Kokonoe's playstyle is perfect for me.
It's the kind of character I've always wanted in Blazblue.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs.

I've been getting so much Kokonoe practice lately, so I don't mind the matchup anymore, haha.
I actually find it fun. Especally since Rachel has the necessary tools.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I could tell you already know the matchup, I probably would have been stuck in the corner for days if I hadn't fought your Rachel so much.

I don't think I did to bad for my first day playing any matches with her. Time to enjoy being overpowered before the inevitable nerf.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I could tell you already know the matchup, I probably would have been stuck in the corner for days if I hadn't fought your Rachel so much.

I don't think I did to bad for my first day playing any matches with her. Time to enjoy being overpowered before the inevitable nerf.
You never know. She might not get any changes until the next real version and still turn out amazing like Valk, haha

Top Bottom