• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm just super sensitive to lag, haha. It's difficult to confirm j.A into a fuzzy guard or not.

Just got back from a session. Went on a losing streak for awhile. BB's difficult :/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I thought I could keep Relius and not have to relearn everything with one of my characters, but my approach felt wrong. :/

Strange that I felt I had the most success with Kagura. I probably practiced with him the least, must just be that he is simple and no one knows how to fight him yet.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, having messed around a bit last night, there's probably more characters than before that I want to give a try, which actually has me pretty interested.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll be on today for matches.

Edit: On another note. Terumi's CA is so awful. Changes my opinion on him. :(

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hahaha, his CA is his 6A?
Hahahahahahaha

Though the guy who can gain 50+ heat in one combo probably shouldn't have a good CA. Guess you have to CA jump ins?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I dunno whether I should feel offended or say "Deal with it" XD

Though when I get the game in the mail I'm gonna be learning Mu.
I say this from experience. I only get a chance to lab or play on weekends. My friends were all ahead of me but my Ragna did work, even with simple combos and old mixups. lol

Ragna's combos are so swag now. I need to learn them. 6A TK Blood Scythe just looks so cool.

Edit: And ugh, not Mu. So free to her. Any hit anywhere hurts so badly. Overheads so good too.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
These arcade lobbies are the best matchmaking system I've seen in any fighting game.
I've noticed that when you open the list of players, the ones near the top are close to your character, so you can quickly check the connection speed before starting a fight.

It's been a great place to work on my Izayoi.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll start a lobby at 5 PST. I don't play on weekdays so I really need the practice.

Compared to P4A, I think I'm really going to fall behind in this game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I may or may not be able to hop on, since family stuff. The weird thing on Ragna in this game is even I'M sort of feeling him out and aren't against the idea of giving him a try. Which...puts my "potential 3rd character" list to 6 with Mu, Amane, Terumi, Hakumen, Ragna, and the obligatory "like the idea of possibly trying to learn Tao, but no idea if I'm going to actually do so" 6th.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Gabe's not feeling well, so I may put him to bed early. If I do, I'll hop on.

Also, since Overdrive is activated the same way as bursting, does that mean there are no gold bursts in this game?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't know if you're done for the night, Jam, but I just got back. I forgot to set private slots, but I'll be making a new one soon.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs Jam and Minato. I'm really enjoying this game, BB has never been this good.

I'm pretty comfortable with Izayoi now, though sometimes when I want to use her super in Gain Art mode I get a hover dash instead. :(
Don't think I'm looking forward to Izayoi vs Rachel.

I think I'm understanding Kagura better too, I'm amazed at the startup on his charge super.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Jam and Rutger. I'm starting to get the hang of Terumi more over these matches.
While he's not as strong as I initially thought, I still think he's a really good character.

Kagura really looked fun. I need to hurry up and unlock him.

And I still have issues using Rachel online, haha. I'll put up with it though.

Next week, I'll be focusing on Kokonoe.

Edit: BTW Jam. On that time out match, make sure you Overdrive since that stops the timer.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the tip. I want to try Amane as well, so prepare for the

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Making another lobby today. I'll be on at 2PST and will just train until people show up. Just log on or add my JPN account if you haven't.

Trying to test some new Terumi ideas.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Spelt. I didn't play too honest towards the end and did some disrespecting mindgames.

But your Rachel is miles better than mine right now.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
GGs Minato/Rutger!

Edit: The mindgames worked though, so keep doing them until I learn to get around them I guess, lol.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GGs everyone.

I wasn't really feeling in control of my characters today, so many air dashes became double jumps. :/
Though I think I finally completed one combo with Izayoi mid-match, so there was some progress! :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Rutger. The other person was someone I know on another forum. HIs connection with me is good, but I'm not sure how it was on your end. I had a good run on learning Terumi. I still need to figure out how to do better setups. And I need to figure out how to do cross up j2D on purpose. Everytime it happens it's on accident lol

Rest of the night I'll just focus on Rachel. Then onto Kokonoe weekend... and Kagura never at this rate.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't remember the connection being bad, I just wasn't inputting things correctly.
It actually happens kind of often, with things like after I successfully jump out of pressure in the corner, I end up following it up with a double jump backwards. Hell, I make a lot of pointless double jumps and miss out on a chance to pressure/escape, it's something I really need to work on.

Maybe it's my positioning in general that I need to work on?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't remember the connection being bad, I just wasn't inputting things correctly.
It actually happens kind of often, with things like after I successfully jump out of pressure in the corner, I end up following it up with a double jump backwards. Hell, I make a lot of pointless double jumps and miss out on a chance to pressure/escape, it's something I really need to work on.

Maybe it's my positioning in general that I need to work on?
For learning new characters, I recommend just watching videos and paying attention to how they handle situations or their starters. Then afterwards I try it out in training and then eventually in arcade mode for a run or two. When you feel more confident that you'll input the stuff you actually want, you can try recording and playing your oki or even blockstrings.

Arcade mode on normal settings usually helps me get used to inputs and movements, so it's worth a try.

Positioning comes naturally, so it's hard to learn. Which is why it's helpful to see how players deal with being cornered, in the air, or even on offense.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll look up some videos then. I know I need need to work on my blockstrings, so I guess it's back to training mode for me.

I had used Abyss mode once when I started playing Izayoi, I think that might be the best way to fight the AI in this game. The fact that I don't recover all of my health after a fight meant that having my spacing and inputs down were more important than other computer fights, just can't upgrade speed.

And of course, I can always fight randoms online to check if I really have things down.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm starting to see the limitations of Terumi. At least he's still godlike granted they somehow don't block.

I pretty much found out how to counter all of his pressure strings and how he opens people up.

Time to jump ship to Kokonoe this weekend.

Top Bottom