• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I was actually talking with Minato and a couple others in the Skype group about it last night, and the impression that I got was that he pretty much has to win in the first 30 seconds or else it'll get tough for him for a couple reasons.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't think that's necessarily the case since he's great at comebacks if he lands a good starter.

He just has issues dealing with good normals or pressure. Max range 5D into 236D isn't too bad, and you get decent meter when 5D is blocked. The problem is after 236D, you don't really get oki. If you guess DP, you can punish with 6k or more with enough meter. It's still a guessing game though with that combo ender.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
He worded it poorly, but I believe what he means is that unless the opponent doesn't get to play (because Terumi wins in the first thirty seconds), then Terumi happens to not be an amazing character.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Pretty much what Raziek said. And hey well, at least look at it as "I can still get an easy 6-7k!!".

Side note: Azrael's trial stuff is so fun but so simultaneously frustrating at the same time. Gears in my head be turning.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think Terumi's pressure is fine, as long as you're not looking for any guard-bonus-inducing bull**** - just abuse the plus frames and try to keep the opponent guessing on when you'll risk anything minus. He's really odd in that his meterless options aren't TOO threatening, but his meter gain is such that you're free to burn it on reversal supers, counter assaults, rapid cancel mixups, and all that quite often. Especially since his Drives build good meter even when blocked.

If you're looking for a character who wins in 30 seconds or bust, try Bullet. She has serious issues if you don't ever let her gain Engage levels, but once she gets going and lands that first 5D/j.D, it's a vortex of ever-increasing damage.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Terumi is a better "balanced boss character" than P4U Liz will ever be.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I slightly like Yellow Burret and Red Rerius, but I already have a billion good colors on Bullet, so whatever.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'll be getting the LE not online to have an English copy, but also because I always support my favorite companies and buy LE's new whenever possible. Boost dem sales!

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
pretty sure the two free items will be Kokonoe and NOL Noel dlc codes.
Anyways my copy came in today, been drooling almost too much at my Rachel nendo XD, but if anyone wants a rusty as hell since the days of CT noel to play against at the odd hours I may be on. Then my PSN name tag is the same as my username here. So feel free to add me

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I listened to this one song lately "You're too close to me, so close I can hardly breath" and it made me think of Terumi.

Still working to figure stuff out with Relius, might give Azreal a shot, still LOVING Terumi like everyone else.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
After having played Terumi so much, getting a chance to play Kokonoe early on a friend's hacked PS3, and still nowhere near unlocking Kagura, I think I'm done for new characters. I think it's time to go back to and learn Rachel and Ragna.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I kinda know what you mean, though with me just sticking to a couple characters is mostly so I don't spread myself too thin on stuff, and so I can learn who I play to at least do it well. That's kinda not something I can do if I try to learn 10 characters in CP at once, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I kinda know what you mean, though with me just sticking to a couple characters is mostly so I don't spread myself too thin on stuff, and so I can learn who I play to at least do it well. That's kinda not something I can do if I try to learn 10 characters in CP at once, lol.
Yeah. Especially since Terumi was new, so I didn't have much to work off of at the start which made it difficult.

Oh, and I'm still learning Taokaka though. Her frame traps and mixups definitely suit me more than Terumi does.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
After having played Terumi so much, getting a chance to play Kokonoe early on a friend's hacked PS3, and still nowhere near unlocking Kagura, I think I'm done for new characters. I think it's time to go back to and learn Rachel and Ragna.

What timing, Minato. I'm cleaning house and stuff, but afterwards I'll be setting up a JPN PSN account to get Terumi. Somebody finally got their copy of Chrono Phantasma in the mail!

I'M READY FOR THIS.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So apparently Japan is saying Kokonoe is really amazing right now. Even has unblockable setups.

I chose the the wrong DLC character guys. I knew one of them one would end up good, but my yomi was a bit off. /o\

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm doing my best to try not to have a knee-jerk reaction on this, but she looks absolutely ridiculously imbalanced.

Like what the actual **** is that damage? Midscreen meterless combos effortlessly breaking 4k with no setup?

You'd think they'd have learned from CS1 Valkenhayn. And Terumi and Kagura are just fine, so how did THIS happen?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Meh, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the whole cast gets some rebalancing when the new characters get added to arcades. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they didn't test Kokonoe much because of that.
After seeing more of Kokonoe, a free BBCP2 patch could be a good thing.

Or maybe I'm just speculating this because I really want to see Izayoi get buffed. :/

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm doing my best to try not to have a knee-jerk reaction on this, but she looks absolutely ridiculously imbalanced.

Like what the actual **** is that damage? Midscreen meterless combos effortlessly breaking 4k with no setup?
> forgets how braindead Azrael is

In all seriousness, I can kinda see where ya'll are coming from. I think the scary, borderline IMBA **** is going to lie in her oki game. Imagine waking up to an unblockable set-up, possible fuzzy guard, or eating massive amounts of unavoidable chip damage from virtually anywhere. It's not like Kokonoe needs to score a knockdown in the corner to optimize; in fact, being in the corner is probably going to make things worse. Defensively bursting is probably going to be your best option to get out of those situations, and even then that might not save you.

Smooth Criminal

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I have to admit that as much as I like Kokonoe, this seems a bit off and much the same way a bunch of Hakumen's stuff does (and even worse in cases). I think the game is still awesome either way, but there are a few glaring things character-wise that wouldn't be too bad at all to see fixed up.

Top Bottom