• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Brandon, I hope you know that I added you into the blaz skype chat lol. Go say something in there~

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The problem isn't his health, so much, just that the work he does can get outclassed rather quickly. It makes for a sort placebo effect in which it makes his health/damage seem low.

That and Hakumen has a giant sword. :urg:

His damage is fine, imo. You might get 1.5k to 2.5k meterless and gaining 30 to 60 heat or so. If you opt to spend meter, you can get 4k to 6k or so with him depending on your starter. His pressure's pretty good once he's in since he has some good frame advantage on things like j.2D and 5D. I'm still trying to find setups for him and figuring out how to properly get in on footsie characters. It's possible that he could be a pressure/whiff punish character, but who knows.

I agree with Minato. It feels like no one's really tapping into his damage yet, but he seems solid. His damage is really as good as the resources you have to be willing to spend, and I've already stopped doing 22C midscreen if I can use his drive or 236D instead. His pressure and normals seem good, and it seems like a good number of them are safe. Lack of a real standing overhead hurts his mixup, but giving a char like Terumi something like that would be too good. His tick throw set-ups are pretty decent.

His spacing and footsies are terrible though. For that reason alone, I don't think he'll be contesting any high tier spots.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
His pressure and normals seem good, and it seems like a good number of them are safe. Lack of a real standing overhead hurts his mixup, but giving a char like Terumi something like that would be too good. His tick throw set-ups are pretty decent.
I'm still trying to figure out how to open them up. Besides the frame traps I mentioned earlier, I'm probably going to try learning seeing where's the best spots to rapid or CT from. Maybe after 5D > 6B or something.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm still trying to figure out how to open them up. Besides the frame traps I mentioned earlier, I'm probably going to try learning seeing where's the best spots to rapid or CT from. Maybe after 5D > 6B or something.
Same here, haha. It's definitely a learning process. His tick throw set-ups are pretty strong at opening people up, and you can jump cancel the first hit of 5C, so that's mostly what I've been going with so far. I've had moderate success with crossing people up his j.B, it hits behind him a little. I've been using 5D > 6B to frame trap people because both moves are safe on block, and get dat fatal~ (Not that I can do a FC combo yet, but still.)

I haven't really done much with RC or CT yet, but I know you can do his CT in the corner after 22C, so I'm going to try to figure something out with that at least.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Same here, haha. It's definitely a learning process. His tick throw set-ups are pretty strong at opening people up, and you can jump cancel the first hit of 5C, so that's mostly what I've been going with so far. I've had moderate success with crossing people up his j.B, it hits behind him a little. I've been using 5D > 6B to frame trap people because both moves are safe on block, and get dat fatal~ (Not that I can do a FC combo yet, but still.)

I haven't really done much with RC or CT yet, but I know you can do his CT in the corner after 22C, so I'm going to try to figure something out with that at least.
Oh, I meant CT as a "safe" guard crush opening. But yeah, that CT mid combo gives him over 6k corner which is really nice.

I'm finding jump ins a bit weird for him. Hazama at least had Drive into jump ins. j.D has a good hitbox but the start up is a bit long. I heard it could beat some AAs but it doesn't work too well against Terumi's own 6A. I've only used j.D as a combo tool or as a frame trap after 5C. Maybe I could try messing around with that.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
A few days ago, the only fighting game I cared about was the +R patch...

This is so very tempting, I don't know if I can wait for the NA release.
Not even having a release date doesn't help things. :mad088:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
A few days ago, the only fighting game I cared about was the +R patch...

This is so very tempting, I don't know if I can wait for the NA release.
Not even having a release date doesn't help things. :mad088:
Just do it. Trust me. BBCP's so much better than all the previous BBs.

Shorter hitstop, only 3 frame buffer button holds, and OD works wonders for me.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Trust me, if I wasn't currently unemployed I would have pre-ordered it. The videos alone show that it is a big improvement.

Hmm, I see Play-Asia currently offers free shipping for this, $66 isn't bad at all. I might do this.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, I meant CT as a "safe" guard crush opening. But yeah, that CT mid combo gives him over 6k corner which is really nice.

I'm finding jump ins a bit weird for him. Hazama at least had Drive into jump ins. j.D has a good hitbox but the start up is a bit long. I heard it could beat some AAs but it doesn't work too well against Terumi's own 6A. I've only used j.D as a combo tool or as a frame trap after 5C. Maybe I could try messing around with that.

Ah, my bad. Totally misread that, haha.

Yeah, I find I'm having the same problem with j.D. Right now, I'm using j.B for my go-to jump-in, but I dunno. Maybe try j.2D after 5C? It has a weird hitbox though, I definitely need to experiment with this a bit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ah, my bad. Totally misread that, haha.

Yeah, I find I'm having the same problem with j.D. Right now, I'm using j.B for my go-to jump-in, but I dunno. Maybe try j.2D after 5C? It has a weird hitbox though, I definitely need to experiment with this a bit.
Oh, oops. I meant I use j.2D after 1 hit 5C. I found out they can't mash 5A before the j.2D or 2A after it even with Instant Block since they'll get CHed regardless. But this was Terumi's 5A and 2A so I dunno if that goes for the rest of the cast. I guess Terumi's stuck with more of a grounded game until people figure stuff out. :/ But yeah, I guess I'm in the same boat and just using j.B, even if it's not the greatest.
Sometimes I just want to go braindead and j.C with Ragna or Tao drive.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Trust me, if I wasn't currently unemployed I would have pre-ordered it. The videos alone show that it is a big improvement.

Hmm, I see Play-Asia currently offers free shipping for this, $66 isn't bad at all. I might do this.

Yeah, it's a really good deal and while the waiting has been bad for me despite it only really being 4-5 days, I expected it to have to come to like $85 with shipping or something.

And this has certainly taught me one thing. Try as I might, I will NEVER be able to get a fighter before Minato, Aisight, and even Lythi get it to get a leg up on them. :reverse:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And this has certainly taught me one thing. Try as I might, I will NEVER be able to get a fighter before Minato, Aisight, and even Lythi get it to get a leg up on them. :reverse:
Like Persona, I only play 3 days a week at best, so everyone gets an opportunity there. :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm pretty weak status in BB anyway, since it's my first BB ever and I really don't have the execution for real stuff.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

I paid extra for FedEx, haha. But then I ended up getting a digital copy anyway, so...

I want Terumi frame data so bad. SO BAD.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Terumi's footsies aren't THAT bad. j.d is ridiculously good, he doesn't get a followup from it but he gets a free mixup even if the opponent blocks. I have a hard time AAing it even with Rachel's broken 6a.

5d is also pretty good, and you can hitconfirm it into a full combo. of course, what you can do from it changes depending on how far away you are, so you're gonna need some good reactions/lucky predictions. Going in with 236d (i think) after it seemed like a pretty good strategy, as the only thing I could do to punish it was predict it and then instant block > jab.

They're both projectiles though, so I foresee terumi having lots of problems against hakumen and tager.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I paid extra for FedEx, haha. But then I ended up getting a digital copy anyway, so...

I want Terumi frame data so bad. SO BAD.

Haha, yeah, I know. I'm just pokin' fun with that top tier Digital FedEx. Speaking on the Terumi stuff, I know his Distortions do a crapton of damage, so is he the type of character that has abysmal meterless damage and because of his meter gain needs at least 50 meter to do a decent amount, or something else?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Terumi's footsies aren't THAT bad. j.d is ridiculously good, he doesn't get a followup from it but he gets a free mixup even if the opponent blocks. I have a hard time AAing it even with Rachel's broken 6a.

5d is also pretty good, and you can hitconfirm it into a full combo. of course, what you can do from it changes depending on how far away you are, so you're gonna need some good reactions/lucky predictions. Going in with 236d (i think) after it seemed like a pretty good strategy, as the only thing I could do to punish it was predict it and then instant block > jab.

They're both projectiles though, so I foresee terumi having lots of problems against hakumen and tager.
I'm not seeing j.D as that godlike yet. Either that or Terumi's 6A is godlike. Of course this is off an early j.D. If I did a deep jump in, maybe it'll work (since I'm not sure what attribute the normal has yet) but the long start up makes it risky since they can AA you before then.

5D is ok in footsies, but it's weak in abare. Hit confirming works like you said, but 5D > 236D gives little corner carry, small damage, and little meter. Usually combos that don't give those usually give you oki, which 236D doesn't. I'm finding use for it during blockstrings though because of 6B (and of course combo filler).

6C is a pretty good whiff punish tool since you can get a lot off of counter hit.
Haha, yeah, I know. I'm just pokin' fun with that top tier Digital FedEx. Speaking on the Terumi stuff, I know his Distortions do a crapton of damage, so is he the type of character that has abysmal meterless damage and because of his meter gain needs at least 50 meter to do a decent amount, or something else?
Meterless damage varies. He gets good damage off of throws and corner. His damage isn't good midscreen if you're not close.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
you can combo 236d into other things though, like stomp super, which gives great corner carry, and you can do dash 2d oki after it, or if you're near the corner you can get a full damage combo off of it.

or you can be wasteful and do the crossup super (41236c, i think?) after stomp super midscreen, which can also be followed up, but gives relatively little damage for the meter spent, but you can get oki depending on the ender you choose.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, ordered it. Caved and payed the extra $15 for Fedex too.

Next I'll need to make a Japanese PSN account for Terumi and Kokonoe and get some money on the account for that.
This is going to be an expensive game, it would be really nice if I made it early enough to get a free Terumi.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think Terumi is free as long as you were able to get a First Print copy. Kagura is 250 yen and/or unlockable in story mode.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I have a clear chance to get this game

but every time I pick up a BB (i played every one) I eventually drop it like a month after

what would really make me not do it this time with CP

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I feel like I'll probably wind up passing on Kagura and (as odd as it sounds) Kokonoe until the English release comes out. I wouldn't want to go through and spoil a bunch of things in Story Mode without understanding the context and having it be revealed via being able to understand it as it goes. Like hell, it's like knowing who wins Survivor/Big Brother/Amazing Race before the season even starts for me, kinda. Or maybe I should've just used an RPG or Visual Novel style example instead, lol.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Not big on importing, especially since a localized version has been announced in a short time away. But I am pretty excited. How is it? Is the story mode any good? How about netplay? And are there any side games like Legion or Challenge?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't consider 5+ months short, which is the reason I imported it. If it came out in the US in like... December/early January, I would've waited. But the end of March? **** that.

Story was the same as far as I could tell (though I couldn't read any of it), netplay has been pretty poor for me so far, and challenge mode and abyss mode are back.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Amazon has the price at $50 last I checked. Not sure if that's final.

omg Hazama's j.c loops are SO MUCH FUN. I did not expect this.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah the March thing is just a placeholder, we don't have any official date yet other than 2014.

It could very well be out in January, but because Aksys hasn't even given us a month and I care far more about the gameplay than the story, I decided it would be better for me to import now. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
One of us, one of us. :3

Also, I'm going to be doing a bit of an overhaul for the PSN listings in the first post (basically doing the whole thing over), just post your PSN, and if you want, your chars. There's a lot of people listed that don't post here, aren't active, etc, so I might as well fix it up a bit.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
PSN- RutgerFE6

Not sure who I'll play, I need to try a lot of characters when I get the game.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Thanks, guys. Rutger, I totally understand, haha.

Unless anyone objects, if you have a location listed, I'll also put it on the list. It's nice to know if you're going to have a good connection with someone.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
ID is the same, update the character to Bullet for now, will add more as I consider them worthy of playing online.

Also remove my XBL tag if it's still there.

Top Bottom