• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Same. But honestly, I think the Smash community seems to love the tier list. Dustloop and SRK just study matchups.
That's probably because tiers are far more rigid in Smash. A low tier in Smash has literally no chance to win a Smash tournament, whereas it's at least conceivable (even if it's not that probable) that a low tier can win in BB/GG/SF 4.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Its the netcode they have. Absolutely amazing. I hope other companies (i'm looking at you SNK) follow this.
I'm also loving the matchups in general. Every matchup is exciting and anyone can come out the victor. Heck a tager can beat a v-13 if he utlizes his drive the right way.
I'm not sure though what Ragnas bad matchups are. The person ive been having the most difficulty with is hakumen. I think its because of Ragnas low endurance/health. He cant afford to make too many mistakes.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Gurr. Ive decided I dont like how defensive and methodical Rachel has to be. I find myself rushing in to punch people and being punished for it. I guess I lost my main
Who is a pretty fun rush character to play as?

Superstar

Smash Champion
Gurr. Ive decided I dont like how defensive and methodical Rachel has to be. I find myself rushing in to punch people and being punished for it. I guess I lost my main
Who is a pretty fun rush character to play as?
Rachel will be my main then, if I ever get the game. :(

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Does anyone know how to do Noel's machine gun move. I did it accidentally once and I have no idea how I did it. I looked for it on the command list, but I'm not sure what it's called.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
anyone on XBL wanna go to the leaderboards and record the replay match i have up there for me? my XBL tag is Rudebwoy64 send me a request and my name will pop up on ur leaderboards friend filter

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Al right, I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of Litchi. I'm still a long way from doing her 20-hits and the other fancy stuff, but I'm not totally terrible anymore.

But man, why are there SO many Noels online, and why are they all so spammy? It's worse than Kens in SF IV.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Almost every video I see on Youtube is a Noel match.

And, actually, I might be able to get the game. Just wondering which system I should get, PS3 or a 360. So far PS3 looks like a better pick because my main system is already a PC [most good 360 games I can get on a PC methinks], and there might be some exclusives. BUT a 360 is more likely cause I don't have cash to throw around. I dunno yet.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Al right, I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of Litchi. I'm still a long way from doing her 20-hits and the other fancy stuff, but I'm not totally terrible anymore.

But man, why are there SO many Noels online, and why are they all so spammy? It's worse than Kens in SF IV.
For some reason I have yet to encounter a Noel online, or a Nu for that matter. For some reason I tend to end up running into Haku-mens or Taokakas.

It's interesting that you're trying to main Litchi, I 'm pretty sure she's the 2nd least used character in the game (pretty sure Carl takes top spot in that category).

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I don't know, when the game was still being developed, she was the one that stood out to me most. Litchi's hard as balls to play with, but I haven't found anyone else I really like playing as much as her(except Taokaka, but not enough to main her).

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think Noel is nearly as bad as Ken in SF4. I haven't been on SF4 in about a month, but when I was playing regularly it seemed like 4 out of every 5 opponents I faced used Ken.

Even though I do see a lot of Noels online, I see just as many Ragnas, Bangs, Jins, and V-13s. There are also a decent amount of Litchi and Rachel players.

Also, you have to consider the fact that BlazBlue has only 12 characters compared to SF4's 25. Seeing one character constantly used out of 25 is a lot worse than seeing 4 or 5 characters constantly used out of 12.

I'm just going by what I've seen on the PS3 version, it could be different on XBL. Also, I'm probably biased because I'm one of the noobs who spams Noel.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I don't think Noel is nearly as bad as Ken in SF4. I haven't been on SF4 in about a month, but when I was playing regularly it seemed like 4 out of every 5 opponents I faced used Ken.

Even though I do see a lot of Noels online, I see just as many Ragnas, Bangs, Jins, and V-13s. There are also a decent amount of Litchi and Rachel players.

Also, you have to consider the fact that BlazBlue has only 12 characters compared to SF4's 25. Seeing one character constantly used out of 25 is a lot worse than seeing 4 or 5 characters constantly used out of 12.

I'm just going by what I've seen on the PS3 version, it could be different on XBL. Also, I'm probably biased because I'm one of the noobs who spams Noel.
I'd like to play more Litchis. I've only come across two since I started playing online.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am seriously considering buying an X-box 360 just for this game. It is soooo good. How much are X-box 360's now a days?

Btw, I main Litchi :D. So much fun to play as. 20 hit combos are hot :D

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
During Jin's

Forward C, Dash, C, j.B, j.C, jump, j.b, j.C, j.D, 214B

Combo, The enemy goes too high for the j.D to hit, so I only get a 6 hit combo.
Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
This game is amazing, I've been playing nonstop since I got it.
I play Rachel and Jin. If anyone wants to play on XBL, add me! :) GT: aaaa120

During Jin's

Forward C, Dash, C, j.B, j.C, jump, j.b, j.C, j.D, 214B

Combo, The enemy goes too high for the j.D to hit, so I only get a 6 hit combo.
Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?
After the first 5C, you have to do a super jump. A normal jump won't send you high enough to hit the rest of the combo.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Question, i was looking at guides for characters. And they have a bunch of numbers followed by a Letter. I know what the letters are, but what are the numbers?

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
They refer to the direction of the stick.
It's analogous to the numbers on a keypad when on the left side of the screen.
So 236 is also "Down, Down-Forward, Forward".

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
<3 this game. BB is too good, and it's the sexiest looking fighting game ever.

Sinz, split the 360 with me lol.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I just started using Arakune, and he's ridiculous. I've been beating people right and left and I'm mostly just mashing buttons. For all the people complaining about Noel, I think Arakune is way more of a spammer than her.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just started using Arakune, and he's ridiculous. I've been beating people right and left and I'm mostly just mashing buttons. For all the people complaining about Noel, I think Arakune is way more of a spammer than her.
I've never heard of anyone complaining about Noel matchups before. She isn't that difficult to deal with.
Arakune? Yes, he's a pain to face, especially if you're facing someone who knows what they're doing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
v-13 breaks this game and will kill its competitive scene.
I don't think so. V-13 is just easy to use, and she has some huge weaknesses.
IMO, she's just like the Sheik of this game. Really great and easy to use, but not the best. Arakune and Rachel are better from my experience.

@L__: Yay, another Taokaka user. I use her along with Rachel.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Thing is, any good v-13 will hit you at least three or four times before you can hit her at all. Arakune may be better in certain ways, but v-13 just has better options all around. I'm not saying she's 'unbeatable' by any stand, just that she's far and away the best character, with Arakune being second, Rachel being third, and the rest of the group kinda tying together, then Tager is easily the worst. Carl would be too, but he's got grab-loops on pretty much the whole cast.

Oh, and I'm a Tao user also, just so y'all know.

L__

Smash Master
I don't think so. V-13 is just easy to use, and she has some huge weaknesses.
IMO, she's just like the Sheik of this game. Really great and easy to use, but not the best. Arakune and Rachel are better from my experience.

@L__: Yay, another Taokaka user. I use her along with Rachel.
Ahaha, yay.

Heh, maybe we can play online sometime. :D

Timbers

check me out
Carl would be too, but he's got grab-loops on pretty much the whole cast.
can you not break Carl's grabs? Or does Nirvana's clap hitbox prevent you from breaking? I haven't had the chance to play a Carl yet.

Anyways yeah this game is legit. I don't have the game myself, yet, but I've been playing it at a friends every chance I get. Litchi is **** fun. She definitely has one of the strongest corner games. There's a ton of stuff I want to try out with her but not having the game really limits my ability to grow with the character.

Top Bottom