• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll be getting this for PS3. I'll be playing the Sol reject (Ragna) before I try anybody else.
I'll be getting it for PS3 as well. I have an arcade stick for it already anyways.
I can't remember my PSN username at the moment though. I'll post it once BB hits the US though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So the game's already released in Japan.
The netcode, I hear, is really good. People playing from Cali to Japan have been experiencing no lag.

Makes me excited. :chuckle:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, it is a relatively small cast. I'm not particularly too worried about that because each of the characters seem to be highly individualized and offer unique playstyles ('cept for Tager. He will always be a Potemkin clone in my eyes). Probably gonna end up playing everybody a few times before settling on a main.

Smooth Criminal

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'll get this game for the sole purpose of kicking Tom's ***! 360 right?!
hell yea bro 360 or bust (literally i would bust my bank buying a ps3 right now LOL i just preordered Aion so I could play in this coming weekends CBT)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Someone needs to give me a 360 JUST FOR THIS GAME.

But I don't want to pay for Live. If only PC was an option for them. ;_;

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
no it isn't...
there are definitely a gap between characters
*cougharakunecough*

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
soooo hyped about this!

(feel lame for admitting, but I'll definitely be maining arakune ^_^')

Rachel looks pretty broken too =/

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That is really dumb.

Hopefully tourney-holders will ban that. I mean, yeah, I can understand why the GG community allowed people to map RC to a particular button for pad users. But mapping just your specials? Ugh. I dunno, maybe I'm a little extreme saying that it should be banned...but it's silly.

Smooth Criminal

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
it is dumb and most likely will be banned. you can't do that on a cabinet and tournament will try to keep it as close to the arcade version.

i still rc with three buttons on pad. lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
it is dumb and most likely will be banned. you can't do that on a cabinet and tournament will try to keep it as close to the arcade version.

i still rc with three buttons on pad. lol.
LOL I remember you telling me that.
I was all thinking, "I can't... do that." I can only RC on an arcade stick.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
It doesn't sound that bad. Especially since you're limited in the number of buttons anyways.

Also, the game should be about how you use your moves, not if you can at all.

nevershootme

Smash Master
It doesn't sound that bad. Especially since you're limited in the number of buttons anyways.

Also, the game should be about how you use your moves, not if you can at all.
Guilty gear was designed on that basis, using your moves and if you can execute the commands properly

in recent times, fighting games have been toned down and attempting to cater the new players for easier accessibility. That's why there's those hotkey'd buttons to do your special attacks. Keep in mind they all vary on the strength it's set.

example: Noels 236 (qcf, quarter circle forward), if you hot key it, it will do the medium version (B), not A or C. but also in the air it does the 236 C (Revolver blast)

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
wait, you can hotkey RC in GG? loooooooool, did not know. me and my friend always have done it manually on pad.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Hey, nevershootme, if they put Blazblue in the game room I'll actually have a reason to come. Screw Brawl.

I knew you could RC in GG but I never needed to. It isn't hard once you get the hang of it, but admittedly I have the Wii version so with the GCN controller, my thumb can lay over all 3 buttons needed to do it at the same time

I don't think tournaments should ban it. I mean for one, it might allow some combos that are impossible to do with the normal reaction time. The only reason it should be banned is if it makes tournaments take too long, unless you can have preset configurations.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
I'll tell u this as a warning... you can hotkey buttons to do special moves (See Bleach DS as an example or Capcom vs SNK 2 EO). That being that i've played on a friend's leaked copy

simply put, you can press 1 button do to a 360 special (Tager's command throw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p6533_Jxdk (watch shadow vs kaqn) shows how nuts rachel and jin are
ppl can and will turn that off in online lobbies and that **** is not gonna fly in tourneys
thats scrub ****.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Hey, nevershootme, if they put Blazblue in the game room I'll actually have a reason to come. Screw Brawl.

I knew you could RC in GG but I never needed to. It isn't hard once you get the hang of it, but admittedly I have the Wii version so with the GCN controller, my thumb can lay over all 3 buttons needed to do it at the same time

I don't think tournaments should ban it. I mean for one, it might allow some combos that are impossible to do with the normal reaction time. The only reason it should be banned is if it makes tournaments take too long, unless you can have preset configurations.
are you ********? please read the 1st post on my tourney thread.
ppl can and will turn that off in online lobbies and that **** is not gonna fly in tourneys
thats scrub ****.
i'm just informing the community on that ****, that is all

Superstar

Smash Champion
are you ********? please read the 1st post on my tourney thread.
Why would you say this, given that since I don't play Brawl [or Melee for that matter] I have no reason to check the regional boards so I wouldn't know the existance of any tournament other than on campus ads? That's not *********** in the least bit.

I'm going by what I see in the gaming room, both when I used to go there and when I randomly checked to see what games you were playing. It's usually both TVs occupied by Brawl, or one TV with Brawl another one with Street Fighter IV [and for a short time SC IV]. Also the occasional Halo 3.

I did check your tournament thread though. BlazBlue is wicked sick. I just hope it's there daily once I re-enter in the fall since I don't own the game and can't ever own it, sadly.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Wow that's...dumb. What's so different about the limited edition other than you can have it early?

My birthday is July 8 but no shot at it still. XD

Top Bottom