• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm loving Extend's netcode. No more online shenanigans taking me down.
It's like CT all over again.
forgot to mention that i'm psn lol

at any rate, i'm not sure who to sub at the moment. none of the higher tier characters appeal to me, but that might change when i actually get the game.
You said you wanted a zoner and a female character, right? Go Mu or Lambda (whichever suits your style better).

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
GG's Minato.

At least I was able to win one round consistently. :/

I feel I was able to do a little better in that matchup.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GG's Minato.

At least I was able to win one round consistently. :/

I feel I was able to do a little better in that matchup.
GGs. I have to go eat dinner, and I think I'm done with BB for today.
Your Relius has definitely gotten way better. I think once you get down higher damaging combos and consistently get your oki, I'm going to have a way difficult time.

I'm still trying to work on my Rachel and getting even better with her.
Dropped too many frog combos as the match went on, but I'm getting there.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Rachel feels like a hard matchup right now, all the control she has plus her rush down makes it hard to use Ignis properly.

I'm also finding out that Relius really has a hard time against downback, frametraps are good and all but it doesn't do much for me when you refuse to stop blocking.

I think it's going to take more than just higher damaging combos, and I don't like not having Ignis in this matchup so I may end up not going for the max damage combos often.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Updated the online list for those that asked. :3

You said you wanted a zoner and a female character, right? Go Mu or Lambda (whichever suits your style better).
Hmm, Mu's not really a zoner though. She can play a keepaway game, depending on the match-up, but her strength isn't in zoning. It's all about locking your opponent down and going for 50/50 mixup. Mu is more of a oki/trap character than anything else.

But she's pretty cool, so you should try her, Sion!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hmm, Mu's not really a zoner though. She can play a keepaway game, depending on the match-up, but her strength isn't in zoning. It's all about locking your opponent down and going for 50/50 mixup. Mu is more of a oki/trap character than anything else.
Ah, that's very true. I haven't put that much time into Mu yet and I'm still trying to make her work.
Can Mu play an aggressive game with her steins? I'm looking for something frame trap and mixup heavy like Rachel.

For right now, unlike CS2, I'm just trying to work on my Rachel so far.
I probably won't get serious into other subs until a month or something when I watch enough match videos.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ah, that's very true. I haven't put that much time into Mu yet and I'm still trying to make her work.
Can Mu play an aggressive game with her steins? I'm looking for something frame trap and mixup heavy like Rachel.
Well, she has good frame traps and mixup with her command laser. But her mixup and pressure without cover is pretty lacklustre.

Mu can be pretty aggressive, you just have to be careful with it and not give up your momentum. Also, you need to pay attention to how you play with steins. It takes a while to get a feel for when you can put steins out safely, and without steins, she's a bit of an easy target. You've also really got to pay attention to where your steins are too. It's pretty easy to screw up a combo with poor stein placement.

She's a really flexible character though, if that's what you're into. :3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think you mean nerfed. :p

Decided to practice Guilty Gear for a half hour. Feels awesome being able to do TK Chemical Love FRC'ed into air dash now. lol

I might not be able to hop on PSN tomorrow for BB since I have homework. :(

Thino

Smash Master
I think you mean nerfed. :p

Decided to practice Guilty Gear for a half hour. Feels awesome being able to do TK Chemical Love FRC'ed into air dash now. lol

I might not be able to hop on PSN tomorrow for BB since I have homework. :(
So I was lurking on pixiv and I saw this, since Ive seen you playing ragna lately I've automatically thought about you

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I haven't fought any D mashing noels yet. Mostly Hells Fang spamming ragnas and butter churning tagers.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've only run into one actually.

Of course I'm learning Relius right now so that match was a bit of a train wreck anyways. :/

I've run into quite a few Ragnas, Hakumens, and some Tagers. I don't think any character has really stood out as being overplayed to me yet though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
All the Hakumen players I have ever fought have loved the stomp, I don't think what I've faced has been any different.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tsubaki isn't as interesting for me as I thought she would be in Extend. :(

I'm impressed with her challenges though. They covered nearly everything a tsubaki would need to know how to do basically.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've been thinking about it... But could I get some advice from everyone here?

When I pick up Extend and go through the storyline, what should I do first when I'm done? I thought about completely and entirely mastering Ragna, but now that I think about it, what if I started from scratch on a totally new character? Like start off with Relius like I thought about. Or Hazama or whoever...

I just can't decide on if I wanna stick to my guns and ultimately fine tune myself with one character in every way before branching out or not.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I thought you resolved to be good at Ragna lol.

You don't have to force yourself to stick with one character anyway. If you want to try out another character on the side sometimes, feel free to do so. It's just simply more experience anyway. Pick up a screw around char if you'd like, but when it comes to serious games, play your main?

(says the guy that plays like 8 characters on melty now ._.)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, I thought I would be sticking with Tao in EX but it looks like my main might be Relius now.

I say before you start mastering Ragna that you should try out every character you are interested in, go into training mode, try out some challenges, and maybe even try them out in a few netplay matches and from there you should have a good idea of who you like to play the most and you should go with that character.

imo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

When I pick up Extend and go through the storyline, what should I do first when I'm done? I thought about completely and entirely mastering Ragna, but now that I think about it, what if I started from scratch on a totally new character? Like start off with Relius like I thought about. Or Hazama or whoever...

I just can't decide on if I wanna stick to my guns and ultimately fine tune myself with one character in every way before branching out or not.
You could do what I did and just take a year hiatus from your mains. I didn't use Rachel and Tsubaki for the majority of CS2.
Although doing this can totally backfire if you don't have a good mindset on adapting.

I basically played multiple characters for different reasons to improve myself. Ragna for footsies, Noel for capitalizing on CHs, etc. Now after learning all that and going back to my main, I really do feel that it was worthwhile for me to try other characters out. It's up to you since I'm not sure if you're someone like me who can learn multiple characters or someone that has to concentrate on one.

Edit: @ Thino XD, But sadly I'm not using Ragna in EX all that much.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tsubaki isn't as interesting for me as I thought she would be in Extend. :(

I'm impressed with her challenges though. They covered nearly everything a tsubaki would need to know how to do basically.
Agreed. And I'm having the same problem. I was seriously considering subbing Tsubaki in Extend, but now, I'm kinda whatev about the idea.

The way I see it, you should play who you want.

But in my point of view, you're always talking about how you want your Ragna to be the best it can be. And if you really like Ragna, you should probably run with that. But if you're taking an interest in another character, then that's cool.

In my opinion, stick with Ragna, but try out some other characters on the side. Maybe there's someone that you're interested in, but you don't know anything about? Do some reading, maybe try their challenges, spend some time in training mode. From there, you can figure out if you're still interested, and if they are worth investing more time in.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Mu can be pretty aggressive, you just have to be careful with it and not give up your momentum. Also, you need to pay attention to how you play with steins. It takes a while to get a feel for when you can put steins out safely, and without steins, she's a bit of an easy target. You've also really got to pay attention to where your steins are too. It's pretty easy to screw up a combo with poor stein placement.
sounds fun. probably gonna sub mu in the near future

i still find tsubaki to be okay, but there are some matchups i just don't want to play

Top Bottom