• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Am I the only one who thinks that purchasing a whole disk for Extend was totally worth it JUST FOR THE FULLY ANIMATED CT INTRO? If you haven't caught it yourself in story mode : GO FREAKING WATCH IT. It's good anime quality, no joke. Gave me goosebumps. They even clearly show Noel standing in the Ikaruga rubble at the end instead of just a grainy screenshot that makes you question if it was her or not.

*tries vainly to hide stain in pants*

EDIT: There's a reason this version is BBCSEX... it lets you know what to expect ahead of time

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who thinks that purchasing a whole disk for Extend was totally worth it JUST FOR THE FULLY ANIMATED CT INTRO? If you haven't caught it yourself in story mode : GO FREAKING WATCH IT. It's good anime quality, no joke. Gave me goosebumps. They even clearly show Noel standing in the Ikaruga rubble at the end instead of just a grainy screenshot that makes you question if it was her or not.

*tries vainly to hide stain in pants*

EDIT: There's a reason this version is BBCSEX... it lets you know what to expect ahead of time

Hmm...you're making me wonder if that's on Youtube now.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Man, I already have like 3 heavy execution fighters to play. How can I play another one ]:.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
No time for that. Blazblue, taking fighting time. Spare time for that will be trying to get into KOFXIII again or considering trying to revive my MK9 support. And spare time will be limited in March game-wise, comparatively.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man, I already have like 3 heavy execution fighters to play. How can I play another one ]:.
BB, Melty, and what else?

And I can't wait to start playing people here in GG. I don't think anyone else here plays it as much as I do though. lol

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok: I can officially recommend people play through the CT rehash in story mode instead of skip it. It's VERY good, and gives a lot of extra humor and tidbits about CT that were left out in the hustle and bustle. (you'll have to put up with an impromptu Haku voice-actor though lol, they must not have been able to get the real one on short notice or something... same goes for Bang but he's a better imitation)

Even after the opening cinematic: keep playing until you're done. I'm pretty sure this is what they regard as the official sequence of events and takes away much of the slight mental inconsistencies piecing together multiple instances naturally creates. Extra scenes not in the original CT abound.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I skipped all of the dialogue and completed it really quickly because I wanted the achievement. :3

Apparently ASW did the translations and not aksys, which is why there's now a bunch of different VAs for a lot of characters.

I finished Makoto and Tsubaki's challenges, and did most of Noels. Makoto's last one is so dumb.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ok: I can officially recommend people play through the CT rehash in story mode instead of skip it. It's VERY good, and gives a lot of extra humor and tidbits about CT that were left out in the hustle and bustle. (you'll have to put up with an impromptu Haku voice-actor though lol, they must not have been able to get the real one on short notice or something... same goes for Bang but he's a better imitation)

Even after the opening cinematic: keep playing until you're done. I'm pretty sure this is what they regard as the official sequence of events and takes away much of the slight mental inconsistencies piecing together multiple instances naturally creates. Extra scenes not in the original CT abound.
I believe that Hakumen is the same voice actor, actually. Jin and Hakumen share the same VA in the english version, just this time they retconned the voice and distorted it to be lower. Much like how in Japanese Hakumen has a lower register then Jin does. I thought it was a nice touch. Different but nice. /saw a clip online, will see if I'm wrong or not depending on CS storyline

Ah well. Important thing is that I play this game ASAP. ...next week. ffffuuuu--

Though someone has it here in town so I'm gonna go to the BP's where the fighting game stuff is being held. Crusayer, that's this Monday, the BPs (Boston Pizza) by NAIT if you wanna come along. It'll most likely be 360 version, but you got that converter either way right?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Did anyone even go Lol. If it wasn't you that supplied BB, I might've been more inclined to believe there were people out there that actually play this game.

Otherwise we should see if Sean can host actually LOL.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Did anyone even go Lol. If it wasn't you that supplied BB, I might've been more inclined to believe there were people out there that actually play this game.

Otherwise we should see if Sean can host actually LOL.
That's a little rude, don't you think? They wanted me to come for the sake of playing BlazBlue to begin with. I was approached while at Animethon by them to stop on by because they do this thing for fighting games in general. A few people there played the game, mainly another Ragna player, Jin, and Hazama. All in all about ten or so people playing different fighting games.

Going to BP's or Sean's, doesn't matter to me, really.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
It's just more like considering the past couple tournaments, it seems like no one really cares about BB in edmonton other than the few we play together at stefan's house. Everyone else was essentially "oh, there's BB here, yeah sure I'll play; w/e."

To me, it feels like that one marvel setup we saw at Genesis2. It's not like it's a big part of the place; it's just there and people might come to play it because hey, why not. If there were people that place BB first over the other games and be like "hey, i'm here to play BB and might only play the other games because it's within arms reach", yeah I'd go.

It's all rambling. I just feel I can be less of an outcast if we play at a place that's actually dedicated to the game. I don't play marvel, nor do I play SSF4. It's hard for me to get in a community that values those two games far far more.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
And I can't wait to start playing people here in GG. I don't think anyone else here plays it as much as I do though. lol
I haven't had much of a reason to play it more sadly, but I will once it comes out.

Hopefully Arcsys's netcode plays nicely with GG though.

Rutger (or anyone), want to do some matches on PSN on Friday in the late afternoon?
Yeah, I should be able to play later today.

I don't quite have a grasp on the new Tao yet so I might not play her much. I mostly play Relius and Valkenhayn.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's just more like considering the past couple tournaments, it seems like no one really cares about BB in edmonton other than the few we play together at stefan's house. Everyone else was essentially "oh, there's BB here, yeah sure I'll play; w/e."

To me, it feels like that one marvel setup we saw at Genesis2. It's not like it's a big part of the place; it's just there and people might come to play it because hey, why not. If there were people that place BB first over the other games and be like "hey, i'm here to play BB and might only play the other games because it's within arms reach", yeah I'd go.

It's all rambling. I just feel I can be less of an outcast if we play at a place that's actually dedicated to the game. I don't play marvel, nor do I play SSF4. It's hard for me to get in a community that values those two games far far more.
Don't make this about you, Ron. The fact we even had a tournament set-up over other games like King of Fighters or whatever else to begin with at Animethon is nice. We have to admit it. Like our Smash scene for Brawl? We're small. You can come to this thing saying "You're here to play BlazBlue" and nobody will bat an eye or shrug their shoulders. Just because it's not dedicated to that one game or it only has one set-up doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

I go to practice, and somebody else is bringing Extend this time. If not having enough dedication to that game is a problem though, then probably not gonna be worth your time then, I guess.

Don't take things so seriously when you see people going "Oh it's BB. Whatevs I'll play." That's better then nothing.

[EDIT]

There's more people then you think that play this game too. I've run into a few people on XBL that are within/near Edmonton that get involved with Edmonton Gamers for BlazBlue. Got props from this really good Bang player called DLM_Undead, and I'll probably play him again in the future.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
[Collapse="@Kuraudo: Wall of text long rant, ignore if you want"]
I guess I'm just really selfish about the things I love. I hold these things close to me and when someone comes along and just doesn't give a ****. Well, I don't like that. I enjoy these games the most when the person beside me is genuinely interested in the game and not just playing for teh lulz. The same goes for smash and melty.

Your brawl community may be small, but it's comprised of people who care about the game. Who all seek to mutually improve. Who will go out of their way to play the game. (In the regular monthlies anyway). And if not, your community is all comprised of a group of friends who meet up regardless anyway.

That's what I want to see. I don't want BB to be thrown to the wayside. It's like if one random person arrives at a melee tournament to play brawl and doesn't play melee. Yeah sure, you might get like a few people to play with you, but do these people even care? What are you there for? It's no longer about the game at that point, but more about being there for the community. And if you're not a part of the community, there really is no point in going.

I'm all for playing against people, but if the person straight up doesn't give a **** (and I don't even know them), I'd rather not go. The only exception is when the other player is significantly better than you and they don't have to care in order to beat your *** in.

I'm more of an introvert and if there isn't a common interest at hand for a topic, it'd just be awkward silence all the way through where the other person is just here to mash some buttons while I have to sandbag. Not particularly that fun for either of us and the guy will probably just leave after 2 or 3 games to go back to his regular game. It's like trying to get a smash player who doesn't really care about the competitive scene to stop playing FFA with items on and get them to attempt to get better at the game.

If you're telling me that there ARE people there to play against and are genuinely into BB, I'm all for it and will probably go.
[/Collapse]

TL;DR I'm a selfish little ***** and only want to play people who care about the game rather than meet up with people I don't know and don't care about the game.

OR

IF (People_interested_in_playing_BB > 1 OR opponent_skill_level > my_skill_level*10) {
Disregard_above_level = 9000 + 1;​
}

That's what I get for having such a crappy personality. Foreveralone.jpg

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh man, are we bringing programing languages in here???

Oh yeah, I'm still wondering about how to fight the bonus boss in arcade mode. Anyone know?

lilseph

Smash Ace
I took my copies of CS into EB Games. :( Also Kyle you should come to the BP's at NAIT if you're not working. Or even if you are I'll pick you up from work on the way there.

Monday btw.

:phone:
How many people come down? I might come one of these days.

[Collapse="@Kuraudo: Wall of text long rant, ignore if you want"]
I guess I'm just really selfish about the things I love. I hold these things close to me and when someone comes along and just doesn't give a ****. Well, I don't like that. I enjoy these games the most when the person beside me is genuinely interested in the game and not just playing for teh lulz. The same goes for smash and melty.

Your brawl community may be small, but it's comprised of people who care about the game. Who all seek to mutually improve. Who will go out of their way to play the game. (In the regular monthlies anyway). And if not, your community is all comprised of a group of friends who meet up regardless anyway.

That's what I want to see. I don't want BB to be thrown to the wayside. It's like if one random person arrives at a melee tournament to play brawl and doesn't play melee. Yeah sure, you might get like a few people to play with you, but do these people even care? What are you there for? It's no longer about the game at that point, but more about being there for the community. And if you're not a part of the community, there really is no point in going.

I'm all for playing against people, but if the person straight up doesn't give a **** (and I don't even know them), I'd rather not go. The only exception is when the other player is significantly better than you and they don't have to care in order to beat your *** in.

I'm more of an introvert and if there isn't a common interest at hand for a topic, it'd just be awkward silence all the way through where the other person is just here to mash some buttons while I have to sandbag. Not particularly that fun for either of us and the guy will probably just leave after 2 or 3 games to go back to his regular game. It's like trying to get a smash player who doesn't really care about the competitive scene to stop playing FFA with items on and get them to attempt to get better at the game.

If you're telling me that there ARE people there to play against and are genuinely into BB, I'm all for it and will probably go.
[/Collapse]

TL;DR I'm a selfish little ***** and only want to play people who care about the game rather than meet up with people I don't know and don't care about the game.

OR

IF (People_interested_in_playing_BB > 1 OR opponent_skill_level > my_skill_level*10) {
Disregard_above_level = 9000 + 1;​
}

That's what I get for having such a crappy personality. Foreveralone.jpg
You don't have a crappy personalty haha.

Top Bottom