• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Finished all of hazama's challenges and most of platinum and Makoto's.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Half this thread is canadian \o/.

Though 3/4 of those canadians are on the east coast /o\.

Sion

Island of Horizon
sad stories

ec always has a much better fighting scene for games that i play (ie melty and blazblue it seems)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm still pretty hyped from that GG announcement, however here is something BB related.

I don't know if any of you remember Xie's Beginner Mode show, but he is moving it on to a new segment.

Xie said:
That said, I've (sort of) fixed my computer issues, so here is my new segment in Beginner Mode:

Tuesdays/Thursdays - "Let's Learn <Character Name> Together!"
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, from the release of Extend onwards, I will host a show where I will pick up a character from scratch(ish) and attempt to learn how to be competent in a few hours. The key word is "a few hours", so this show will probably run from 8PM to... 12AM PST and will largely be casual? I know that's until 3AM for all of you EC guys, but as always, it will be uploaded afterwards to youtube and such, so you can catch it there as well.

Anyhow, in this program, I will attempt to develop stable blockstrings, combos, strategies, as well as fall into a bunch of common pitfalls. I intend to invite guests onto the show to tell me how to do certain stuff as well as answer certain questions, so it should be interesting for all of us.

As for Platinum, I will probably need to invite someone over to teach them how to play the character instead of myself playing. Anyways, your comments are appreciated.

Show Outline
1) Character Introduction
2) Examination of the Basics (Normals, Specials)
3) Choice of Paradigm (Overall Strategy with the character)
4) Practice and Online Battles
5) Conclusion
And he will be starting with Bang tomorrow.

Xie said:
So, I'm going to start on the 16th. The first character will be... Bang. I need to learn more about this character, and he's somewhat simple.

As for character order... I'll probably just do it on my own whims. Frankly, I want to play some lesser played characters, and I also want to prepare for Blue Revo at the same time, so I will probably just pick characters I think are the most useful to myself and others.
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...echanics-Discussion-Show!-(Will-Return-Soon!)

I liked what I saw of Beginner Mode even though I didn't watch all of it, so this looks like it will be worth checking out.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm probably gonna drop Jin.

I just find him really irritating to play now...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, now I see why all the Japanese jin mains dropped him. D:

It's like, practically impossible to combo off of any of his CH aerials. You'd think it'd be pretty easy to combo off of a CH j.2c airhit...

I thought his new combo paths would be fun and fancy but they just seem really unnecessary. Some of his most basic combos are way too difficult, and I don't see me having much fun trying to land them consistently online. :dizzy:

Pressuring with him feels awkward, and his mixups are bleh. 6a is pretty much useless. Even if I do get a hit and RC it it still leads to pathetic damage unless I'm in the corner.

And you still have to mash to start sekkajin, which makes holding it down pretty much useless. Biggest disappointment of the century. >_<

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Relius is so much fun. :3

I feel like I need to learn Tao from scratch all over again though. :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Been using Rachel, Hazama, Relius, and some other characters I'm trying to pick up.
The new frog combo is so fun and does pretty good damage.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think I'm gonna try using Relius after I've mastered Ragna. Or at least learn combo'ing with him. Can't get over how badass his theme is.
Relius isn't too hard to pick up. But that might be because I've used Carl somewhat in each game.

It feels like Challenge mode gets easier after each new BB. Rachel's was rather easy.
I remember how difficult CS1's were. I kind of miss how hard those were.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems like the same difficulty to me.

Maybe you're just getting used to the characters/combo system?

I know I'd be having as much trouble with the challenges as I did in cs1 if the was my first time in challenge mode.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, now I see why all the Japanese jin mains dropped him. D:

It's like, practically impossible to combo off of any of his CH aerials. You'd think it'd be pretty easy to combo off of a CH j.2c airhit...

I thought his new combo paths would be fun and fancy but they just seem really unnecessary. Some of his most basic combos are way too difficult, and I don't see me having much fun trying to land them consistently online. :dizzy:

Pressuring with him feels awkward, and his mixups are bleh. 6a is pretty much useless. Even if I do get a hit and RC it it still leads to pathetic damage unless I'm in the corner.

And you still have to mash to start sekkajin, which makes holding it down pretty much useless. Biggest disappointment of the century. >_<
And the entire thread called me ******** when I said I was scared of Extend Jin.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Spelt, yeah, that was pretty much what he said too, and that Jin has no hitconfirms anymore. I think he's pretty bummed out by it. :I

It feels like Challenge mode gets easier after each new BB. Rachel's was rather easy.
I remember how difficult CS1's were. I kind of miss how hard those were.
Or maybe you're getting better at the combos? ;)

Nah, they do feel a little easier. You should do the PSP ones sometime though, they are derp easy.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Rachel's challenges were def easier compared to CS1. It was kinda disappointing. I remember spending foreeeever on second half of them. I breezed through these and stopped on the last two out of laziness lol

:rosalina:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The challenge mode combos start off really simple, so it's not surprising that they seem easier.

I haven't finished any character's challenges yet, I'm having some trouble with Tao's. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
CS1 seemed to have more of those hard/impractical combos. Extend combos are more along the lines of stuff you might use in a match (which is nice).
Not complaining, but it was just something I noticed.

Wish I could play some more, but I have an essay and a midterm due tomorrow.
People are welcome to play me on the weekend though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Having the attacks hit.

Earlier I had to do a j.C -> jc j.C -> jc j.C but I would be too high up for the last j.C to hit. I was able to get around that by doing j.C -> jc j.B -> j.C -> jc j.C though.

I guess it's my timing or something. I'm on challenge 11 now and it starts off

214D -> j.C -> 66 -> 5B -> 6A -> 2D -> j.D~6 -> j.C -> j.8D~6

I end up just flying right over Bang at the j.8D~6. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOQOY0PCd3w

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Maybe you're just not doing it fast enough? That's usually my problem when something doesn't connect properly.

Maybe after I finish my sewing, I'll hop on and practice a bit. Gotta hit dat training mode hard.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
So, yeah, I'm convinced the developers got drunk and made a troll game out of Extend.

They didn't just nerf Makoto. They took everything away from her and gave nothing to compensate. I'm probably going to rage for about... well, forever, but eventually I'll calm down. I just have to pretend Makoto wasn't playable in the previous games and that this is ArcSys's first time making a fighting game. Maybe that way, I can find some way to forgive this.

...Nope, not forgiving them.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
No buffs (well, there were some buffs...to the stuff that was never useful regardless) and all nerfs. It's to be expected /o\.

At least we still got Goro to represent us!

We also get to pull the bottom tier card now so tager players can suck on that now lolol

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I dunno, looking at her change list, it seems like they just wanted to nerf her combo game and parry. So what does that leave her? Her pressure, rushdown, and mixup relatively the same. They gave her a different mindset, as she is now less based on corner carry and massive damage, and more about doing acceptable damage and ending every combo with oki.

While I kind of understand why someone might be saddened at how her changes remove the focus from what got them wanting to play Makoto, I like them. Makoto needed to change because when she has better pressure, mixup, oki, and damage than other similar rushdown characters, that is a problem.

My two cents.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Someone has to be low tier.

It's easy to imagine that they may have gone a little overboard considering just how good Makoto was last time.

At least you are not as bad off as CS1 Rachel and Tsubaki. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's possible, but since I'm not that much of a Makoto player (despite CS2 semi-subbing her) I can't really comment. That being said, however, it wouldn't be the first time the way a character was played got changed and they turned out to still be good.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
5B is now -5 instead of -1 so that kills a lot of pressure right there actually. j2C is not a viable move anymore. Her oki is now the same as Ragna. Corner carry doesn't happen anymore (I mean, you would just j.D and then what). jC never gave any kind of CH follow up anyway. Lightning arrow doesn't hard knockdown so it's now a gimmick move (not even combo material anymore).

Soooooo. Like in CS2 where everyone claimed Makoto > Ragna in everything. Ragna is now > Makoto in everything. Yeah pretty much.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ragna is Makoto Lite.

Even CSX Tsubaki?
She's not even that bad, really. But you do have to work a lot harder to get wins than in CS2 imo.

The thing that I really disagree with was nerfing Tsubaki's 5B, and making her rely on Mugen to get good damage. I mean, Mugen is flashy and cool as hell, but who cares when your opponent has a burst? :I

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Maybe you're just not doing it fast enough? That's usually my problem when something doesn't connect properly.
I think I was pressing j.8D~6 too fast, at least that's what training mode vs Ragna shows.

Starting her BnB vs standing opponents now and it's kind of tricky too imo.

5B -> 5C -> JC -> j.B -> j.2B -> j.C -> 6A (2) -> Air Ender

I need to delay the JC -> j.B slightly or I jump over my opponent.

Top Bottom