• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I got to play a couple people who knew what they were doing and a lot more people who didn't when I was in Colorado Springs. It was a side event at a smash tournament.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That was probably during CS when people here actually played it.
Then MvC3 came out and everyone stopped caring.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah. Depressing. :(
Even if we had another bb tournament around here I don't think I'd go because everybody just trashes on the game the whole time while we're playing and it's just not fun.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's because a) Capcom game and b) people think BB is really hard for some reason.
The long combos and all the gauges maybe?

Even though the long combos are in UMvC3.

Maybe they just don't want to put the effort into it. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, since we're going serious discussion, here's your answer: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...your-opinion&p=1199365&viewfull=1#post1199365 You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, etc, etc. Also, you are correct Rutger, some people just don't want to put the time in.

edit: And come on, how often do you really see long combos in Marvel, outside of combo videos? Even on streams. I bet I could do Wesker's BnB with my face.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, you'd actually be surprised how often I see long combos in Marvel. But I do hate how a bunch of people just abandoned BB. Like a bunch to Marvel, some now to KOF (though I totally get liking that game), and a bunch of people are fawning over SG and have just said "screw this game" to BB as a result of it. Actually, that's my biggest problem with that game, in that it seems all the semi-casual BB players that are left in NA are jumping on the SG bandwagon just because and well...it's kinda depressing and annoying because BB really DOES deserve to get its due.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Man, I really like KoF, but I have no drive to play it whatsoever.

I just can't be bothered learning three characters for a game that I might play once in a while. :I

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
edit: And come on, how often do you really see long combos in Marvel, outside of combo videos? Even on streams. I bet I could do Wesker's BnB with my face.
I don't know, feels like every combo in that game is long to me.

I guess after looking at some videos they really are not that long, they just felt that way to me because of how much damage they do. :/

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Same reasons why no one gives a crap what melty is in the US too ;~;.

I'd love to play BB but there's only a whole 2 people that play in my city apparently. And they only play somtimes every 2 weeks. No one even knows what melty is in my city.

I've always thought MvC3 combos were pretty long. Dante, Zero, Vergil, Spencer, to name a few seemingly have really long combos.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Pretty much anyone who has multiple ways to relaunch or do loops in MvC3 has long combos. Doom and Mags too.

Anyway, yeah...

It's just disheartening. :I

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Pretty much anyone who has multiple ways to relaunch or do loops in MvC3 has long combos. Doom and Mags too.

Anyway, yeah...

It's just disheartening. :I
Yeah, it's gotten so bad I'm half-considering taking up AE 2012 just so I'll have people to play with. That being said though, at least SCV will have people and SFxT will likely have a bunch. And well, failing that, I'm hoping KOF takes off.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I got UMvC3 too, I may actually play it more than I ever did with the first one. It's not going to be anything more than a casual game for me though.

Anyways, when will the BB tournament start up again?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I play melty and Falco. I can keep up my execution hopefully! That and I'll be playing Dante so I'm sure bold cancelling is technically demanding.

So when are we starting the tourney back up lyth :V

Thino

Smash Master
I think the only difference in execution between Marvel and BB is that Marvel is faster which makes it kinda harder on netplay, offline idk

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Crusayer, I was going to start it up again tomorrow, but I guess I might as well do it today.

edit: And here you go! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313565

How does it make your execution bad? It's not like it has shortcuts.
No idea. :I

I don't know why, but I find that it feels really mushy (for lack of a better word), and the input window is huge. I don't know how true that is, but it feels like that. Then when I go to play anything else, I can't do a thing. Especially KoF. I cannot switch from Marvel to KoF, it's bad, man.

edit: Marvel netplay is jokes.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Haha, yeah. He forgot it in Montreal when he went up to T12, so it was like "what the..." when he didn't have it.

Anyway, I forgot to ask what your personal take on Relius was, since you're bound to have tried him by now.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would play Marvel if I could figure out a team to use. >_<
That and I'm poor and I don't want to spend money on ultimate, same with KOF.

SF I just don't want to play. :awesome:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think the only difference in execution between Marvel and BB is that Marvel is faster which makes it kinda harder on netplay, offline idk
Interesting, I actually think the opposite. Marvel being faster helps me more online compared to BB.
BB might be slower but it feels like I need to be more precise.
No idea. :I

I don't know why, but I find that it feels really mushy (for lack of a better word), and the input window is huge. I don't know how true that is, but it feels like that. Then when I go to play anything else, I can't do a thing. Especially KoF. I cannot switch from Marvel to KoF, it's bad, man.
Oh, okay. For me Marvel does have a bigger input window, but not by much.
I cycle between too many fighters so execution isn't too bad for me. KoF XIII feels like 3rd Strike with less shortcuts so it's not too hard. Older SNK games though I struggle with since I never got competitive with those.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, yeah. He forgot it in Montreal when he went up to T12, so it was like "what the..." when he didn't have it.

Anyway, I forgot to ask what your personal take on Relius was, since you're bound to have tried him by now.
Haha, yeah, it's not Nini if he's not rocking dat baby pink Concordia hoodie. <3

Um, Relius is interesting. I've played around with him a bit. He's got pretty decent range on his pokes, and his pressure is amazing done right. Some of the Ignis moves and specials eat up a lot of meter, so you really have to keep an eye on how much meter you have, and when to have her out or put her away. His defensive options are really mediocre, no reversal without meter. His combos are really easy. The only hard part of playing Relius imo is getting the hang of how his pressure works, and applying it. Other than that, he's pretty easy to pick up and pretty straightforward.

Oh, okay. For me Marvel does have a bigger input window, but not by much.
I cycle between too many fighters so execution isn't too bad for me. KoF XIII feels like 3rd Strike with less shortcuts so it's not too hard. Older SNK games though I struggle with since I never got competitive with those.
Haha, yeah, I really don't know why it happens, it just feels that way. Also, I try to just avoid playing it in general, since I don't care for it very much. No offense to any Marvel players, it's just not my cup of tea. :I

Crusayer

Smash Lord
So does Relius feel like the maids?

He looks a bit like F-maids to me cept that you can't pull out a cactus to recharge your waifu meter.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So does Relius feel like the maids?

He looks a bit like F-maids to me cept that you can't pull out a cactus to recharge your waifu meter.
Umm, a little. He's conceptually very similar. The only thing is, the other maid doesn't go away when you get hit. You pretty much can't summon Ignis in neutral at all, especially against someone who's smart enough to not give you the chance. Basically, throw out one of his 214 specials that summons Ignis, hope it connects in some way, so you can get in there and start your pressure. You really have to play his neutral game pretty carefully. He also doesn't really have much in the way of oki, as compared to the maids. Better oki than most in BB, sure, but not a whole lot that I know of. Also, he's pretty slow, in terms of movement (walking, dashing, etc.), and his hitbox is huge. Like, I'm willing to bet almost Hakumen huge.

I could be wrong about all those things though. :bee:

edit: Also, something random I learned yesterday: teching a throw will always unsummon Ignis, regardless of who was trying to throw their opponent. :I

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I thought Relius' Astral speech translated to "I will **** you"? :bee:

Edit: That being said, I'm glad there's actually extra dialogue during the Carl vs Relius matchup since during the Japanese gameplay Carl never seemed to sound pissed or whatever, so I just assumed there wasn't.

Top Bottom