• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Noel's changes feel a little weird at first, but I'm good with them.
Though I've been spending most of my time trying to figure out how Relius works, shh!

Livewire, I doubt you would have enough time to cross-up. But you could certainly just continue the combo. For example, you could do stuff > d.623D > 66C > more stuff, depending on proration. I imagine you would definitely be able to do something like a silencer follow-up into something else or even 66C > j.D > reload > 2B, etc. You can also follow it up with an air combo, but it seems like a pretty meh way to go, Noel's air combo isn't exactly amazing.

Eh, rambling now. Anyway, I doubt you could cross up, since Spring Raid has a lot of landing recovery, but I can look into it for you the next time I'm in training mode.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Okay, you can only combo after Spring Raid if it's a CH combo, it seems like. With the exception of an air combo, that still works regardless. So, I was able to do something like CH 2D > d.6A > d.6D > d.6C > d.623D > 66C > j.D > reload > 2B > 6C > 22B~C~66 > 6C > 4D > d.236D, which wasn't too bad.

You can dash under to cross up, but there's not adequate time to continue a combo. So, I guess you could go for some sort of weird reset or something, if you like, but I don't really know.

edit: Never mind, that combo totally works on regular hit, I just suck! :bee:

But that still holds true for the cross-up bit, there's not enough time to turn around and combo. My bad.

edit2: Okay, as an addendum to that, this combo works on regular hit, but it's really hard to get. For some reason, it pops them up a little higher on CH, so you can combo the d.6C after the d.6D much more easily than on regular hit. So, it's doable, for sure, but on regular hit, it's easier to do something like 2D > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > d.6A > d.623D > j.B > dj.B > dj.C > dj.236C. You get about 3k instead of 3.3k or something. :I

So there you go.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lythium, you stink for getting Extend early. I would import, but I actually care about the story. :(

Does Noel's 5D > 5A > 6C > 236D or spring raid combo still work? I like that one; it's good and simple.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Thanks for the info, Lythium ^__^! I'll be sure to remember that for when EX comes out.

Also, how has Relius been turning out? I've been kind of curious as to what he can do. From what I've seen it seems like he can keep you blocking for quite a while.
No worries! :3c

Relius is pretty cool. I don't know if he's my style or not, but he's definitely interesting. It seems like he's got amazing pressure done right, but he's pretty lacking in the defensive options (no real reversal without meter, and it does terrible damage. You would be better using the meter to CA imo). His combos are really easy too.

Lythium, you stink for getting Extend early. I would import, but I actually care about the story. :(

Does Noel's 5D > 5A > 6C > 236D or spring raid combo still work? I like that one; it's good and simple.
My stink. :c

No, but 5D > d.6A > d.6C > ender still does.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
No worries! :3c

Relius is pretty cool. I don't know if he's my style or not, but he's definitely interesting. It seems like he's got amazing pressure done right, but he's pretty lacking in the defensive options (no real reversal without meter, and it does terrible damage. You would be better using the meter to CA imo). His combos are really easy too.
Ahh, so he's a pressure kind of character. I think he'll be interesting to fight against XD. Can't wait for Extend ^__^.

@Artur: It'll be around 3:00 P.M. EST time. I don't know what time that will be for you, but I'll be sure to send you a notice on Live once it starts ^__^.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, so he's a pressure kind of character. I think he'll be interesting to fight against XD. Can't wait for Extend ^__^.

@Artur: It'll be around 3:00 P.M. EST time. I don't know what time that will be for you, but I'll be sure to send you a notice on Live once it starts ^__^.
it will be later for me,i guess.ok,i will just wait for the invite then.;)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Definitely what it seems like.

I was playing against my boyfriend earlier, and when I was really getting the pressure down, he was stuck blocking forever. Also, unblockable setups are pretty sexy. :3c

Crusayer

Smash Lord
She doesn't. But she has lows.

You can pull off that low yo-yo type attack and do an overhead at the same time since the yo-yo is a delayed attack.

It's sorta like Carl's unblockable setup with his sister.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I wanna ask for Lambda's changes.. but I know that she doesnt have many, not that its a bad thing but yea
Um, I don't really know a whole lot about Lambda, but her new gatlings are cool. I really like 4DD > 4B, though I don't know how practical that will be. Also, the holding 5C to make all eight hits come out is pretty nice too, if you're into that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Thanks for the thing about the cross-up stuff, by the way Lythi. It's just when I see changes with things, I get ideas and stuff in my head like "hey, what if I can do this?".

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I was thinking about getting UMVC3!

... But then I played it a bit and remembered why I don't like Mahvel too much. My little $50 gift card that I got from a friend for Gamestop is definitely going towards Extend. :3

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's only 3 people in the CO BB scene.
4 if you count Zajice who only plays it because I force him to.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That sounds awful...

Oh wait, Canada, you probably have nice summers compared to the hell down here. :/

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
gg's dual and yaaay.i feel like im worst than ever tough:( i think i won only with noel today.weird,since she is my sub.
ggs :p. Don't worry about the Noel thing though, I hate Litchi vs Noel, it's so stupid! I much prefer Rachel against her. Have fun at the beach xd.

You think that's good? My neighbour's going to University in Australia. She's getting TWO summers back to back.
Lucky *******s, we have winter and fall here for ten months at the VERY least. Last year was absolutely awful. :(

:053:

Top Bottom