• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I fought a few Tao mirror matches earlier, 4 connection and we were equal in the matches we won.
It was fun.

So, have I ever posted any of these? Just some BB and GG music with a violin and some were in my favorites, check them out if you haven't heard/want to hear them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGOacScWIrI&list=PLBA4F379798BAE745&index=2&feature=plpp_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8IEP2pILBU&list=PLBA4F379798BAE745&index=5&feature=plpp_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDz0QHDYwjo&list=PLBA4F379798BAE745&index=10&feature=plpp_video

Look around a little and you can find more from this guy.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
More Tsubakis should use install imo.
It makes her so much more fun to watch.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Which is sad, because they're so entertaining. ;_; Except Bang's, it just makes him more annoying.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know that feeling, Rutger.

I wasn't interested in Relius, but I still want to try him.
Because secretly I just want Melty Maids in BB.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Because secretly I just want Melty Maids in BB.
This so much.

GODSGARDEN 5 - Player List

Eastern Japan
1. Konan (Tsubaki)
2. R-1 (Noel)
3. Goro (Makoto)
4. Souji (Arakune)
5. Suzume (Hakumen)
6. Hima (Valkenhayn)
7. Yoshiki (Lambda)
8. Buppa (Hazama)
9. Kaqn (Ragna)
10. Mitsurugi (Hazama)

Western Japan
Chou (Litchi)
Shounen (Litchi)
Nezu (Bang)
Eesuke (Carl)
Eki-chan (Arakune)
Tsujikawa (Taokaka)
Izayoi Matoi (Taokaka)
Mame (Valkenhayn)
Mikami (Relius)
Ikegami (Bang)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Relius is who I'm most excited for!

Hopefully I can finally narrow my characters down to at least 3 in CSEX.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GODSGARDEN 5 - Player List
Goro sticking with Makoto huh (I haven't kept up with Extend tbh). Also I see no Rachels.
Not that I'm surprised. Even I'm slowly using her less and less since it's just easier to learn match ups with other characters.

Oh, and I just got the call that my PS3 has been fixed. I'll pick it up from the shop tomorrow.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Day one Extend impressions!

Jin* feels relatively the same. Some of his combo routes have changed, but he's the same old Jin. Noel is decent so far. CS2 normals with CS1 drive speed, more or less. Biggest change that I've yet to get used to is her drive not being special-cancellable. Her drive is also really slow now, it's like moving underwater, seriously. Hakumen* seems pretty amazing now, his charged 4C goes really far. Lambda just seems to flow better overall as a character. I don't really know what her changes were, but she feels really fluid to play. Hazama* is basically the same, apparently. Tsubaki feels a lot slower to me. She doesn't actually move any slower, but her 5B has definitely been nerfed and feels significantly slower, and her 5D charge is a lot slower too. 5C hitbox has been buffed though. Mu is the same, with some new tricks. Makoto feels the same to me, her combos have changed though, and everything is shorter, but it doesn't feel super restrictive imo. Everything about Platinum has changed for the better, seriously.

Relius is pretty fun. I dunno if I'll play him, but he seems pretty cool. He's also easy as hell to pick up, seriously.

* = boyfriend's impressions.

If I didn't mention them, I haven't played them.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I would probably be really jealous, but I think I can wait. CS2 is still pretty good.
Can't wait for the new Tao though, that 6C looks nice. :3

February looks pretty good right now, with this and Devil Survivor 2.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Day one Extend impressions!

Jin* feels relatively the same. Some of his combo routes have changed, but he's the same old Jin. Noel is decent so far. CS2 normals with CS1 drive speed, more or less. Biggest change that I've yet to get used to is her drive not being special-cancellable. Her drive is also really slow now, it's like moving underwater, seriously. Hakumen* seems pretty amazing now, his charged 4C goes really far. Lambda just seems to flow better overall as a character. I don't really know what her changes were, but she feels really fluid to play. Hazama* is basically the same, apparently. Tsubaki feels a lot slower to me. She doesn't actually move any slower, but her 5B has definitely been nerfed and feels significantly slower, and her 5D charge is a lot slower too. 5C hitbox has been buffed though. Mu is the same, with some new tricks. Makoto feels the same to me, her combos have changed though, and everything is shorter, but it doesn't feel super restrictive imo. Everything about Platinum has changed for the better, seriously.

Relius is pretty fun. I dunno if I'll play him, but he seems pretty cool. He's also easy as hell to pick up, seriously.

* = boyfriend's impressions.

If I didn't mention them, I haven't played them.

So it really IS like underwater, huh? The thing that's always struck me as weird though is that they slowed it down, but you still combo with them. So I uh...guess my question is does the reduced speed in which they go from Drive Move to Drive Move make it seem like some of her combos are longer than they really are? And how do the newer combos rate on the difficulty scale, do you think?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So it really IS like underwater, huh? The thing that's always struck me as weird though is that they slowed it down, but you still combo with them. So I uh...guess my question is does the reduced speed in which they go from Drive Move to Drive Move make it seem like some of her combos are longer than they really are? And how do the newer combos rate on the difficulty scale, do you think?
Hmm, they feel a little longer, but they're really not because her midscreen combos are shorter. Her corner combos are about as long as they were in CS2 though.

As far as difficulty goes, I haven't run into any problems yet but then again, I haven't learned a lot of new combos either. If you could do the optimal CS2 combos, I don't think you would have much trouble learning the Extend combos. The hardest part is breaking old habits. There have been so many times where I input 236A, and I get d.6A. And then I remember that her drive isn't special-cancellable anymore and I sadface. ;-;

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm surprised nobody's made a video showcasing the noel announcer yet.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what I can hear she sounds pretty good.

All of the new announcers are one of the more exciting parts for me, though I wish they'd do more guy announcers.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hmm, they feel a little longer, but they're really not because her midscreen combos are shorter. Her corner combos are about as long as they were in CS2 though.

As far as difficulty goes, I haven't run into any problems yet but then again, I haven't learned a lot of new combos either. If you could do the optimal CS2 combos, I don't think you would have much trouble learning the Extend combos. The hardest part is breaking old habits. There have been so many times where I input 236A, and I get d.6A. And then I remember that her drive isn't special-cancellable anymore and I sadface. ;-;
Wait...I thought it was still 214A cancellable in that you could use it the same way you do in CS2? And I SWEAR I've seen people use 236A in the middle/at end of some drive things...Am I going crazy?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
From what I can hear she sounds pretty good.

All of the new announcers are one of the more exciting parts for me, though I wish they'd do more guy announcers.
Agreed.

I really like the Noel announcer though, she's adorable. :3c

Wait...I thought it was still 214A cancellable in that you could use it the same way you do in CS2? And I SWEAR I've seen people use 236A in the middle/at end of some drive things...Am I going crazy?
Okay, you can still use 214A in combos, you just can't cancel a drive move into 214A. You can do drive move > rapid > 214A > stuff, but you can't combo with it in Chain Revolver. You can only cancel drive into Optic Barrel after the first hit. So, say you do a 5D, you can do a 236A right after. But if you do say, 5D > d.6A > d.6C, you can't do 236A. So, basically you can only cancel drive into drive specials like Bloom Trigger or supers.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hmm...that's weird. Like, d.6C>214A has always been something I've used and stuff like that. The rest of it with Optic Barrel doesn't sound like a big deal, but at the same time sounds like it is.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The Muzzle Flitter change isn't so bad. You can still use it if you rapid it, and I didn't use it much outside of midscreen combos anyway. The Optic Barrel change hurts because it means that you can't cancel your drive into something safe now.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The Muzzle Flitter change isn't so bad. You can still use it if you rapid it, and I didn't use it much outside of midscreen combos anyway. The Optic Barrel change hurts because it means that you can't cancel your drive into something safe now.
Now now, we all know if your Drive isn't safe, then you're not mashing hard enough. :bee:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, that reminds me. I know with Lambda 5CCCC is a hold move now, but is it true that Hazama's j.CCCC is and that our "bangbangbangbangbang" is also a hold B move?

Top Bottom