• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Rachel is a character I really really want to learn but that high execution barrier scares me ]:

I love her rushdown so much haha

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just spend an hour or two messing around in training mode getting use to moving with her and using her wind! :p

The only other hardish thing about her is learning how to use poles and stuff properly, and that just comes with experience.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just spend an hour or two messing around in training mode getting use to moving with her and using her wind! :p

The only other hardish thing about her is learning how to use poles and stuff properly, and that just comes with experience.
Pretty much this. Rachel isn't a high execution character, imo. She just feels a bit awkward to use and move around with compared to the others at first.

So just spend your time in training mode and then against a computer and you'll do just fine after awhile.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I did. I spent like, an hour trying to do the first wind combo LOL.

I imagine there's a really high execution barrier for her with all the instant wind overheads, pumpkin manipulation combos, level 2 tops.

Plus the use of wind for corner pressure with pumpkin, wind push back on the orbs.

Unless you're telling me this stuff is all actually really easy and I'm just bad at BB. D:

I'm more or less looking at the execution for her when she's pressuring you.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
instant overheads aren't that hard, just take some getting used to. becomes muscle after awhile. level 2 top combos are legit really hard but you don't necessarily need to learn them right away.

Not sure what you mean by pumpkin combos. Usually you only want to use it to start combos. After that it pretty much just messes them up, lol. And you only really use it in the corner during oki.

Pressure and winding lobelias (I think that's what you mean) are just those things that come with experience.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've tried to learn how to play Rachel, but I think the thing that always throws me off about her is how floaty she feels. I can get over everything else, but it always throws me off.

I have like 5 subs. :079:
Haha, you would. And I would too, but I try to limit myself. D:

Have you at least tried all the characters? Cuz I haven't /o\
I have. It's time-consuming.

But it's a good thing to try, you never know who you may end up liking.

Over all the games I've learned Rachel, Ragna, Tsubaki, Hazama, Noel, Bang(CS1... ugh), Makoto, and Platinum.
Unfortunately after each version I cycle through other characters so I play worse with them.
Haha, I'm the same way, except it's more like, I've tried to learn other characters, and I don't like most of them for some reason or another. My spread is over Arakune, Hakumen, Hazama, Litchi, Makoto, Noel, Platinum, Rachel, Ragna, Relius, Tao, Tsubaki, Lambda/Nu, and Mu. But I don't get very far with most of them, and I can maybe play two or three of them decently. :p

Arakune and Rachel feel too strange. Hakumen is really fun, but we have like three or four Hakumen players in our scene already. Hazama is really cool, but I don't care for his movement options very much. Litchi and Tao are fun, but not really my style. I like to play Makoto and occasionally Ragna for a match or two, but then I get bored with them really fast. My boyfriend hates Plat mirrors, so I don't usually play her unless I'm having sloppy casuals with other people. Same with Lambda. Relius is cool, but I'm still on the fence with him, he's just too new.

tl;dr: I know quite a few characters at a very basic level, but legit suck with all of them except Mu and Noel, and sometimes Tsubaki. And even then, I'm only decent-ish, and Noel is super easy... so... yeah. :I

I'll probably sub Tsubaki in Extend or maaaybe Relius, if I learn a thing or two. Keep Noel for just random casuals.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've played Tao, Valkenhayn(early CS1 and CS2), Tsubaki(CS1 and CS2), Bang(CS2), and Ragna(CT). I've also tried playing Hazama, Carl and I messed around in training mode with the rest but they never stuck.

It's kind of hard playing as other characters when I'm used to Tao and Valk's mobility options, but I've had a lot of fun with Tsubaki and Bang.

Playing a few characters in BB doesn't sound bad, but I tend to not put as much effort into learning new combos as I should so I have limited myself to the two characters I am playing now. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I limit myself to two characters because I feel like it's the only way I can keep up adequately. Any more than that, I find my other characters' skills start dropping.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I limit myself to 2 characters too. I mean, I haven't really done anything with Carl or Arakune, and Hazama is SO not my style, but still. I used to know Ragna in CT, but afterwards kinda stopped. Since then I've gone through cycles of KIND OF knowing Jin, Lambda, Hakumen, Tsubaki (against my will, lol), and more recently Makoto. I tried Litchi once in CS1 but...yeah.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Livewire, I thought you played Noel, Lambda, and Makoto?

I'll probably spend some quality training mode time with Relius later. See if I can figure him out. :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Livewire, I thought you played Noel, Lambda, and Makoto?

I'll probably spend some quality training mode time with Relius later. See if I can figure him out. :3
Yeah, I mean, Lambda I tried learning for about a month, but sort of dropped off practicing. Sure I know some basic stuff, but not enough to be good. And Makoto I've moreso been learning. I'm not sure if I'm competent enough with her yet to really be able to use her often and have a chance.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I'm the only one who (often) picks mains before even playing the game, right? I know that when I first heard of Blazblue, I went to Youtube and decided to watch a vid. It looked really fun! I had no idea what was going on and I remember thinking that I loved how much noise all of the characters made (I didn't play Japanese fighting games) but it looked great, so I went looking for a main.

I only main female characters. It has become a habit of mine and I enjoy playing them. Blazblue had four females (it was only very later when I discovered Taokaka was female). Noel sounded like a boy, so she was no contender. Leaves three. I liked Rachel's design the best, she had an umbrella like Peach! I heard that people found her hard to play. GOOD! Later I found out that she was top tier though... I haven't got anything against that but I prefer mid tiers. "Why not sub Litchi?" GOOD!

I mained Rachel and subbed Litchi in CT, but near the end I decided to dual-main them. :3 Before I thought that having just one main and one secondary was better, probably because thats what I did in Bwarl. Two mains won't hurt though, only makes it more fun :d.

End of my Blazblue diary. May be continued. Hope you enjoyed.

:052:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hmm, I dunno. I would never pick a main before I had actually tried them. I don't really get that "this is the character that I'm gonna play before I've actually played the game!" I have characters that I'm interested in trying, for sure. But I always find it kind of irritating whenever a new character is announced in BB, and people are saying that their main is Hazama or whoever. You haven't even played Hazama, how do you know that you're going to like him? Just seems silly imo.

/rant

Anyway, apparently the Godsgarden list was released? I missed it. :I

[collapse=Eastern Japan]1. Konan (Tsubaki)
2. R-1 (Noel)
3. Goro (Makoto)
4. Souji (Arakune)
5. Suzume (Hakumen)
6. Hima (Valkenhayn)
7. Yoshiki (Lambda)
8. Buppa (Hazama)
9. Kaqn (Ragna)
10. Mitsurugi (Hazama)[/collapse]

[collapse=Western Japan]1. Chou (Litchi)
2. Shounen (Litchi)
3. Nezu (Bang)
4. Eesuke (Carl)
5. Eki-chan (Arakune)
6. Tsujikawa (Taokaka)
7. Izayoi Matoi (Taokaka)
8. Mame (Valkenhayn)
9. Mikami (Relius)
10. Ikegami (Bang)[/collapse]

And then apparently, there's a list of players that can be voted in:

Dora (Bang)
H.H (Mu-12)
Kuresu (Tsubaki)
Judau (Bang)
Fuirumu (Hakumen)
Ren (Jin)
Noze (Hazama)
Nemo (Valkenhayn)
Masakonga (Noel)
Minami (Bang)
Poppo (Litchi)
UDON (Hazama)
Buppa (Ragna)
Fumo (Arakune)
Satoshi (Ragna)
Jager (Rachel)
Shirushi (Jin)
Kurenai nari (Noel)
BLACK (Litchi)
Kakyuu (Hakumen)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
But I always find it kind of irritating whenever a new character is announced in BB, and people are saying that their main is Hazama or whoever.
That was me before CS, it went nowhere. I'm a little more reluctant to claim I will main a character before I play a game now.

Still, I need to like a character's design or personality in some way before I will main them. That's one reason why I'll never be good at Marvel, I can't build an optimal team because I don't want to use characters I don't like. Playstyle doesn't matter as much to me(even though I tend to like the pixie characters and probably wont play a grappler anytime soon) so it can be easy to see who I may want to main beforehand(match videos help too.)

So hey, Bang combo video.
Even though Smashboards seems to hate him. :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCNnmMAbpUY

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm flat out hard claiming now that when Kokonoe becomes playable, I'm going to main her, regardless of playstyle.
Oh for sure, I'm without a doubt going to sub her even if she doesn't suit my playstyle at all.

And it's kind of funny, but I think when CT came out I had an idea that I was going to main Noel before I ever touched her. I've always been a fan of guns in fighting games, and I figured since she dual-wielded that she'd be like this awesome keep-away character at first. Then I played her and realized she was nothing like that at all and actually wound up liking her a lot more than I think I would've if she WAS a giant keep away one.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I usually pick mains before trying them out. I decided to main Rachel when they first showed artwork for her and that was it. I dunno, for almost every game I've done that, it's pretty much worked out in my favor luckily. I can't remember a time where I'll try out every character and finally go "This is my character" in a fighting game. Obviously I would never suggest choosing a main like that, but I'm just confident that I can make it work for me.

As for Kokonoe, I have a feeling a lot of people are going to pick her up.
Almost makes me not want to use her for some reason. Plus I'm not the biggest Kokonoe fan.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
How could you not like Jin?

Everyone likes Jin.

Even though he's an *******.

I don't really like playing Jin, actually. Despite looking like he'd be awesome and having Ice Car and all that, I just didn't find him "fun" to play. Like, I always felt I had to be playing super serious and I don't get enjoyment from messing around with him. I mean, with Hakumen or Makoto, or even Lambda I can mess around and laugh at what the hell I was thinking. Hell, with Bang I have NO IDEA what I'm doing and still find him a lot of fun to play.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I haven't really tried Jin much, it's something I need to do.

But if I did play him I know that I would main that Robo-Ky color.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't like jin, but I like his playstyle (maybe not so much in EX).

When I first heard about blazblue, I decided rachel and nu were my favorite design-wise, and then I played the game and realized rachel is also really fun, so I mained her. Nu was was also easymode so I played her occasionally too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

Sheesh. This is kinda amusing. Just when I'm finally starting to get Dead Spike midscreen combos down better, the next game is around the corner. I should take breaks from games more often. I feel fresh when I come back.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGOrR2HZ8ew

Rachel's VA announcer, just the voice for if you want to hear what it will be like.
The other set of voices is bad just as expected. I am happy she did use her Rachel voice for the good one though.
Maybe I'll get it unless Asami Imai's is better.

Also, I've been trying to get back into this game again. Hopefully this motivation carries over to Extend.
Been working on my Tsubaki in the mean time. Not sure if I'll work on using Litchi at the moment.

Top Bottom