• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're welcome! :bee:

I saw 2gb combo play Relius.
Not sure if that was just because it was early on in the tournament or if he's officially switching.

Seems like everyone's switching to Relius though, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hm... I'm still on the fence if I want the LE version. It really depends on how thick the art book is.
And no Jubei plushie makes me sad.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Good games, Spelt. Your Jin still has my number. The funny thing is, that was the first time I ever did a Blood Kain combo that DIDN'T get effed up right after the activation. And it still did low damage. lmao

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, good games!

Well the starter wasn't that good (I think two jabs?) so it definitely did more than it would've without BK. :p Doing difficult combos is always nice. And You were only a move or two away from finishing, as well! :bee:

You've gotten much better at hit confirming since we last played, especially those midscreen air combos.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, good games!

Well the starter wasn't that good (I think two jabs?) so it definitely did more than it would've without BK. :p Doing difficult combos is always nice. And You were only a move or two away from finishing, as well! :bee:

You've gotten much better at hit confirming since we last played, especially those midscreen air combos.
Don't depend on me to do any kind of Dead Spike links though. Wait until Extend for 6B midscreen easierness. lol

I'm not so diverse with characters, and beating out a zoning Lambda can be a royal pain. SO satisfying getting in though.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, you were doing pretty good!

I made some fatal mistakes. My anti-airs were terribly mistimed, but oh well, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Has anyone heard anything about Extend's netcode yet?
Don't depend on me to do any kind of Dead Spike links though. Wait until Extend for 6B midscreen easierness. lol
Don't forget you can hold down the button to make links easier.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You can buffer attacks by holding the button in BB?!

I thought every fighter in this day and age have buffer windows instead rather than holding a button.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
By holding down the button the game inputs it for 5 frames. Doesn't work with dashes though. :(

That's a terrible description but bleh... I can think of a better way to word it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You can buffer attacks by holding the button in BB?!

I thought every fighter in this day and age have buffer windows instead rather than holding a button.
BB has both.
wait, what? .... I can actually hold the D button, run forward, then quarter circle back and Dead Spike will come out?
That's negative edging. BB doesn't have that. What I'm talking about is like me doing 6B into super with Hazama.
I'll just 6B 236236 and hold B since I'm afraid I might be off due to lag or something. That B will be going for 5 frames.
By holding down the button the game inputs it for 5 frames. Doesn't work with dashes though. :(

That's a terrible description but bleh... I can think of a better way to word it.
It works with dashes. I do it with Noel's 22BBBBBBC stuff.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I just read that on that page I linked to, lol. :079: That's good to know.

Also I haven't heard anything about EX netcode.
They said they improved it but they've said that in every version and so far it's only gotten worse since CT imo. :mad079:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been learning tsubaki's harder combos in CS2.

DP whiff and 2CC > IAD j.C combos are really fun.

I plan to play her a bit in extend because her install looks really fun.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've been learning tsubaki's harder combos in CS2.

DP whiff and 2CC > IAD j.C combos are really fun.

I plan to play her a bit in extend because her install looks really fun.
I've tried doing the DP whiff into 2CC combos. I just can't get them down offline consistently though.
And once I do get the 2C to link, I get antsy and end up doing the other C too early.

And yeah, Install is looking pretty fun in Extend.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The biggest problem I have is the dp whiff part, lol. If I do that correctly getting the 2c isn't a big problem. But yeah, figuring out the timing for the second hit was tough at first.

I can't do them super consistently currently but hopefully after awhile i'll get more used to them.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Has anyone heard anything about Extend's netcode yet?
I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that it's decent. Possibly better than CS, but I wouldn't know.

The biggest problem I have is the dp whiff part, lol. If I do that correctly getting the 2c isn't a big problem. But yeah, figuring out the timing for the second hit was tough at first.

I can't do them super consistently currently but hopefully after awhile i'll get more used to them.
Once you get it, then you'll have it. I find IAD > j.CC combos much more difficult.

Her midscreen DP whiff combos are pretty different in Extend, but if you learn them now, the skills will still carry over, I think.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Once you get it, then you'll have it. I find IAD > j.CC combos much more difficult.

Her midscreen DP whiff combos are pretty different in Extend, but if you learn them now, the skills will still carry over, I think.
IAD combos are weird for me. I don't find them a problem while straight up practicing them. I can do them pretty consistently when I'm just doing one combo. But if I go from let's say, one combo where I just hit 2cc immediately, and then go to one where I need to delay the second hit of 2cc, then that'll throw me off and i'll either try to IAD too soon or i'll IAD correctly but do the first hit of j.C too late. :S

Combos where I need to delay separate hits like that are new to me, and having different timing between combos makes it even more difficult. :dizzy:

And yeah, I hope get the DP whiff down soon. :bee: And hopefully I won't have to relearn them for EX, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The timing for the DP whiff is the same, more or less, it's just that you do different things after the dive. Like, in the corner instead of doing 623C > j.214A whiff > 2CC, you'll do something like 623C > j.214A whiff > land > j.C. It's not that different. The midscreen stuff is kinda weird though, and sometimes, you'll need j.214B whiff instead of A and whatnot.

I find that I can't do IAD > j.CC combos consistently in a match at all. I can do them in training mode sometimes though. I find that I don't delay the j.CC after the j.C enough, so it combos but then it bluebeats when I try to do 5B or 5C after I land. :I

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well that sounds kind of fun actually. One of the things I like about tsubaki is the amount of variation in her combos, and it's nice that there'll be more of that.

I'll probably be the same way. I don't see myself doing them consistently in actual matches anytime soon. I'll definitely get dp whiff combos down before that.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Soo...my random monthly tax return/whatever the hell it is cheque for like $63 that the government gives out (which is really just a sort of 'appeasement allowance', though I'm not complaining) came in this week and now I can order Extend without issue, woo! Mind you...that still does't help me find a job, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Your GST cheque? You only get $63? AMATEURS. :bee:

Well that sounds kind of fun actually. One of the things I like about tsubaki is the amount of variation in her combos, and it's nice that there'll be more of that.

I'll probably be the same way. I don't see myself doing them consistently in actual matches anytime soon. I'll definitely get dp whiff combos down before that.
Yeah, Tsubaki's variation is so interesting in that you can constantly swap stuff around. It's neat.

Haha, yeah. So many failed IAD > j.CC makes me sad. :I

Top Bottom