• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
And in unrelated news, I just found out where the term "stay free" originated from about 10 minutes ago.

Edit: Uh, ignore that, never mind. I was thinking of something else that sounds similar from years back and got confused.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I can play tonight too! Are you guys all PS3?! Lets have a room after we're done our matches or something :V.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I won 2-0 (3-0?) Lol.

GGs. I thought you said you were past that 4D and 2D haha. You need to stay put sometimes. You're way too jumpy and flying all over. You just need to stay put sometimes.

If you really are gonna commit to a jump out, use barrier because you're just gonna get anti-aired.

Push less buttons, I caught you mashing a couple times when I accidentally dropped some combos.

Oh and I couldn't actually hear you that well since the music covered your voice sorry lol. I just went off a couple words I did hear :x.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I thought you said you were past that 4D and 2D haha. You need to stay put sometimes. You're way too jumpy and flying all over. You just need to stay put sometimes.

If you really are gonna commit to a jump out, use barrier because you're just gonna get anti-aired.

Push less buttons, I caught you mashing a couple times when I accidentally dropped some combos.
The call out lol. It's true though. If you fixed those problems Livewire, you'd be much more consistent.

And I'll just post it here, GGs Spelt. Today reminded me how much fun BB was. Connection was pretty good, I tried to Instant Block everything I could during blockstrings and I could block overheads on reaction. Maybe I might buy Extend at launch after all.

And it took me awhile to get my Noel decent today. The early match with her was so awful.
Also Noel vs Makoto was fun. So much disrespect.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay! :bee: I'm glad you're excited for BB again.

I couldn't block overheads on reaction. :( But my reaction time is just terrible.
I'm actually kind of disappointed about how many overheads I got hit by, but oh well. One of the many things I need to work on! :079:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I won 2-0 (3-0?) Lol.

GGs. I thought you said you were past that 4D and 2D haha. You need to stay put sometimes. You're way too jumpy and flying all over. You just need to stay put sometimes.

Oh and I couldn't actually hear you that well since the music covered your voice sorry lol. I just went off a couple words I did hear :x.

Oi...holy crap was I salty there.

The only thing in my defense is that I literally haven't been playing Blazblue for like...5 or maybe 6 weeks. I was like... "What the hell IS this? What's going on?" I mean...I jumped STRAIGHT UP trying to do a Fenrir ender for crying out loud. :urg:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yay! :bee: I'm glad you're excited for BB again.

I couldn't block overheads on reaction. :( But my reaction time is just terrible.
I'm actually kind of disappointed about how many overheads I got hit by, but oh well. One of the many things I need to work on! :079:
I think you're like the first person I've played that doesn't mash 2A on wakeup or my blockstrings lol.
I try to avoid mashing 2A since I think it helps me learn how to deal with pressure and get ready for overheads.
Oi...holy crap was I salty there.

The only thing in my defense is that I literally haven't been playing Blazblue for like...5 or maybe 6 weeks. I was like... "What the hell IS this? What's going on?" I mean...I jumped STRAIGHT UP trying to do a Fenrir ender for crying out loud. :urg:
No offense, but you've been using that whole "I was trying to do Fenrir" every time you've faced Crusayer.
Buckle down in training mode, then face a CPU, then face people until you get your execution on point.

And stop using Fenrir on wakeup all the time. I'm guilty of doing wakeup reversals sometimes, but only as a mindgame to make my opponent respect me.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mashing 2a rarely ever works for me. Plus, I get excited when I block crazy mixups, lol.

Great defense is what makes the difference between a mid level player and a high level player imo.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Doing reversals are a part of the game. That's fine. Since if you know what they're gonna do, then it's a legit counter.

As much as I hate a disrespectful Noel, doing 2D or 4D is a real way to escape and if I can't punish you for doing it then it really is my fault.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
As much as I hate a disrespectful Noel, doing 2D or 4D is a real way to escape and if I can't punish you for doing it then it really is my fault.
Good, good. You're playing against me next, and my Noel tries to be respectful as hell.

That's a good point, but I would never throw out a 2D or 4D as a means to escape unless I was feeling really, really scared or risky. When are these kids gonna learn that drive isn't the answer to everything? ;)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Holy crap, Minato. That was freaking harsh. Yeah, it was my own fault for not practicing and playing for that whole time, but I was NOT saying that to try and take anything away from Crusayer. Since I hadn't played, I was freaking out and panicking. So as a result, I was mashing and moves that I weren't trying to do were coming out, etc, etc. Yes, it's my own fault, but that truly IS what was happening. And it's not just against Crusayer, either. I tried a few matches against some friends Wednesday night and it was even weirder with stuff like Thor attempts going into j.4D, and even one time where an Optic Barrel wound up as a Muzzle Flitter. Look, yes I know how it sometimes comes across, but when I lose or get my butt kicked I get pissed off because I think I know better than that and expect more. So when I mess up a move, miss a command, drop a combo, get countered, I get really frustrated because I expect myself to naturally be better and smarter than that and for basic things such as those to stick with me. I don't know if being annoying about stuff like that has to do with the whole AIM-blocking me or not Minato, and that's probably something we have to discuss among ourselves, but in no way was I trying to take away from Crusayer. He's a good kid, and I was glad to see the improvement he showed since the last tournament we did.

And with regards to drive...Lythi, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you, lol. :bee:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Doing reversals are a part of the game. That's fine. Since if you know what they're gonna do, then it's a legit counter.
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm fine with reversals, even super ones. Spelt did like a couple and I got hit by most of them since he pretty much knew what I was going to do. It's a good way to make people respect wakeup.

I guess it's hard to explain or distinguish between a calculated one or a panicking one.
Good, good. You're playing against me next, and my Noel tries to be respectful as hell.

That's a good point, but I would never throw out a 2D or 4D as a means to escape unless I was feeling really, really scared or risky. When are these kids gonna learn that drive isn't the answer to everything? ;)
I try so hard to be respectful with my Noel, but I still have the habit on mashing a little too much than I should. I definitely eat some CHs for that. :ohwell:
I didn't mean to sound harsh. It's great though that you're able to pinpoint some of your mistakes in a match. It just sounds like you're struggling a little too much over your inputs than your opponent. Just go practice against a moving opponent/CPU or something until you start getting things down. That's what I do.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
There's also the potential hilarity that if you go Mu, it'll STILL technically be another Noel, but this time be like "Super Saiyan Noel". :bee:

Edit: Also, sorry if it sounded like I snapped at you, Minato. And apologies for the accusation I made.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You would probably wreck me if you went Mu LOL. I dunno how to deal with zoning.

Top Bottom