• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So I just got my first taste of Continuum Shift Extend today. My friend has the Hong Kong version of it and since PS3 is region-free... Joyous occassion!

It was so refreshing in having to learn a new match-up in Relius. And Ragna? So damn amazing right now. I love the addition of 6B into combos. ESPECIALLY midscreen combos now. SO much easier now. I know that it's Ragna and not much has changed, but it was so much easier to fit into playing with him. S'like a glove.

Can anyone tell? I'm so hyped. Valentine's Day can't come any sooner.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
What's a Harvey's? Is it like Cookout, where everything is soaked in cheese, and I suspect is only in North Carolina?
It's a Canada-wide burger chain, like uh....whatever one of your US-only burger chains is. It's so good (well, for normal fast food), and the fries are fresh cut. That being said, it's not say...Chinese Food, Thai Food, Italian Food, Mexican Food, or Steakhouse food, for example, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Harvey's is not that good imo. Though I haven't eaten at one in about ten years. :I

So, I predict Raz will not touch CS2 again now that he has experienced THE EXTEND.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Harvey's is not that good imo. Though I haven't eaten at one in about ten years. :I

So, I predict Raz will not touch CS2 again now that he has experienced THE EXTEND.

You just haven't found a good one, I suppose. The one's we have in the city are pretty good.

Oh, and Lyhti, that Extend comment sounded dirty. But well...if you say so, lol.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

She is entirely right. Extendzama is the best of cs1 and cs2 hazama rolled together, and I'm gonna love relius after some time in the lab.

:phone:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Inb4

Lets Extend the tournament.
I went back to CS2 after we played Extend, and just..it's not the same. But funny enough, I did even better online after playing Extend's Ragna, in CS2.

But hey, cool thing is that I can sell CS for PS3 and 360 for Extend. Could pretty much pay for itself at Gamestop/EB Games.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I went back to CS2 after we played Extend, and just..it's not the same. But funny enough, I did even better online after playing Extend's Ragna, in CS2.

But hey, cool thing is that I can sell CS for PS3 and 360 for Extend. Could pretty much pay for itself at Gamestop/EB Games.
Not going to lie, I'm not going to sell my copy of CS when I get Extend. I'm going to try and keep a collection of them, though CS will look weird being the only non-Limited Edition. Hmm...I wonder if Extend comes with a movelist in the instruction manual. Sure they have them on disk a ton now, but it's always nice to see.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
But you won't get to be like "hmm I want to play my S tier character again" if you sell your CS2!

:V

This does not apply for everyone below Makoto and Noel \o/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
But...she's A-, faster, funkier, more fun, lets me combo follow up after Spring Raid when not in the corner, can do bangbangbangbang just by holding the B part of 22B, AND gives me a legit reason to use Assault Through a lot since it wall-bounces...Oh, and I won't get called a tier-hoe.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Netplay assault through is the best assault through \o/.

Only thing I'll miss is the 214A off 2D into that 22B 22BBBBC thing I semi-practiced.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
6B.

Just 6B. And special cancellable throws. Outta curiosity, I tried searching dustloop, and I know CSEX hasn't been around for too long, but anyone got a general idea of the Tier List?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I like using Assault Through as a reset to bring them into the corner, sparingly. However, I only do this when they're being juggled high into the air so the Assault Through will catch them after an air backwards tech. So yeah, I only do it when the spacing is awkward and I would need to do an improv combo anyways.

Outside of that rare situation, I hardly ever use it. Especially online. I try to avoid stuff that would work too well on netplay since I won't learn anything from it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
nah i think we should finish the tournament with cs2. :/
Agreed, that's why I'm trying to finish it up before the 14th, because no one's gonna want to go back to CS2 after Extend. Myself included. :embarrass:

Outta curiosity, I tried searching dustloop, and I know CSEX hasn't been around for too long, but anyone got a general idea of the Tier List?
There's no tier list yet, just random Japanese players opinions on one. I've seen a couple from JBBS, but I don't think they're really legit, to be honest. This is the latest one that I've seen:

S: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen
A: Hazama, Taokaka, Bang, Carl, Arakune
B+: Relius, Mu, Platinum, Lambda
B: Noel, Rachel, Litchi, Jin, Tager
C: Tsubaki, Makoto

I also don't agree with a lot on here. Ragna always starts off strong on every tier list when the game is just released, and he always drops down a bunch of spots without fail. Also, there's no way that he's as good as Valk is in Extend. Valk is probably the best character in Extend, so I'm okay with that. Arakune will drop because very few people play him. Relius is too early to say, I think. There's no way that Jin is B tier, because he's like CS2 Jin with more buffs. I don't think Tsubaki or Makoto are that bad either.

But opinions, everyone's got 'em.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Netplay assault through is the best assault through \o/.

Only thing I'll miss is the 214A off 2D into that 22B 22BBBBC thing I semi-practiced.
Yeah, THAT I'm going to miss because it's been in literally every game prior. That being said though, I would ALWAYS get too anxious and instead of going 2D>214A>22B>22BBBBC, it would come out 2D>214A>22BBBBBC.

And hush Spelt, I never used to randomly throw it out THAT much. It's not like it's j.4D. :bee:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Agreed, that's why I'm trying to finish it up before the 14th, because no one's gonna want to go back to CS2 after Extend. Myself included. :embarrass:

There's no tier list yet, just random Japanese players opinions on one. I've seen a couple from JBBS, but I don't think they're really legit, to be honest. This is the latest one that I've seen:

S: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen
A: Hazama, Taokaka, Bang, Carl, Arakune
B+: Relius, Mu, Platinum, Lambda
B: Noel, Rachel, Litchi, Jin, Tager
C: Tsubaki, Makoto

I also don't agree with a lot on here. Ragna always starts off strong on every tier list when the game is just released, and he always drops down a bunch of spots without fail. Also, there's no way that he's as good as Valk is in Extend. Valk is probably the best character in Extend, so I'm okay with that. Arakune will drop because very few people play him. Relius is too early to say, I think. There's no way that Jin is B tier, because he's like CS2 Jin with more buffs. I don't think Tsubaki or Makoto are that bad either.

But opinions, everyone's got 'em.
Yeah, I can't exactly agree to Ragna being S tier. That being said? With the buffs made to him I can see him being within A tier somewhere or at the top of B+. It's just that nothing will change his mid-grade rushdown when he's a better footsies to hitconfirm guy. That and zoners beating him (curse you Mu and Lambda lol). Though it'd be hilarious if Extend was the one exception where it turns out that Ragna STAYS as good like this and winds up being one of the best.

Just to break the norm of "oh he's going down" ffff

Is Valkenhayn really that good this time around though? He's always been a cool looking character to play.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
A lot of Noels I've played use A Salt Threw when they're caught in the corner and I block a hit. Then they RC it and have completely reversed the situation. Pretty annoying.

I really liked St1ckbug's article. He has a damn good Litchi. I beat him maybe 10% of the time.

I really hope BB makes it. Although I'll be busy with college, I might try to make the next major this year. If I do, I'll drive and take Spelt with me!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
A lot of Noels I've played use A Salt Threw when they're caught in the corner and I block a hit. Then they RC it and have completely reversed the situation. Pretty annoying.

I really liked St1ckbug's article. He has a damn good Litchi. I beat him maybe 10% of the time.

I really hope BB makes it. Although I'll be busy with college, I might try to make the next major this year. If I do, I'll drive and take Spelt with me!
Come to BlazBlue Revolution next month.

Top Bottom