• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah. :(

Inuo and Yutta also switched to jin, and Miya switched to hazama. Dennou switched too but i'm not sure to who, I haven't seen a lot of him lately.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah. :(

Inuo and Yutta also switched to jin, and Miya switched to hazama. Dennou switched too but i'm not sure to who, I haven't seen a lot of him lately.
Dennou switched back to Bang when Extend first came out. I think he still plays Jin sometimes though.

Jeez, all we're going to have left is BAB, and I hate BAB. :c

I don't see what part of that is sad. :D

:053:
Man, how can you hate Jin? He's so amazing, and good Jin players are really fun to watch.

I don't even play Jin but they're really entertaining.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The worst part is that they're all switching to all of the already overused characters. Like we really needed more Ragnas...

Dennou switched back to Bang when Extend first came out. I think he still plays Jin sometimes though.

Jeez, all we're going to have left is BAB, and I hate BAB. :c
And Ren, but ren wouldn't switch even if Jin ended up being worse than Tager. Also Ren is one of my least favorite Jins. :/

Man, how can you hate Jin? He's so amazing, and good Jin players are really fun to watch.

I don't even play Jin but they're really entertaining.
I agree. A lot of people are saying CSE Jin looks boring, and apparently that's why a lot of them are switching, but I don't see it. I just think they haven't given him a good enough chance yet. His new corner combos are much cooler than the DP loops, imo. Even though you can still do those too if you want, and they're easier!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I guess Jourdal uploaded some matches today where Dennou is playing Jin. So maybe he switched back? Who knows?

Ren is okay, I guess. :I

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Lythium zooming in on her new avatar, looks better imo.

So we lose a Jin but gain a Tao, I am conflicted.
Jin is cool, but I haven't tried playing him, still don't know why.
More Taos is always a good thing though. :3

I am neutral.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tao would be cooler if anyone of them could finish their combos. :1

Seriously i've seen like 3 tao combos be finished so far in extend.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Lythium zooming in on her new avatar, looks better imo.
Thanks! Fixed the colour too. :bee:

Tao would be cooler if anyone of them could finish their combos. :1

Seriously i've seen like 3 tao combos be finished so far in extend.
A-cho Tao players are pretty good. There's a pink one and a yellow one. I think the pink one is Izayoi Matoi and he qualified for SBO. Though I can't really tell them apart. So, I call the pink one "Super Tao" and the yellow one "Ultra Tao."

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lyth gettin' her loli on~

Thanks! Fixed the colour too. :bee:

A-cho Tao players are pretty good. There's a pink one and a yellow one. I think the pink one is Izayoi Matoi and he qualified for SBO. Though I can't really tell them apart. So, I call the pink one "Super Tao" and the yellow one "Ultra Tao."
That's a good system. :lick:

Izayoi plays on XBL. I still have a replay of him from cs1 timing out a noel. I laughed so hard the first time I watched it. He's been my favorite tao ever since.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I agree. A lot of people are saying CSE Jin looks boring, and apparently that's why a lot of them are switching, but I don't see it. I just think they haven't given him a good enough chance yet. His new corner combos are much cooler than the DP loops, imo. Even though you can still do those too if you want, and they're easier!
Lol, if you didn't find Jin boring before, I don't know how anyone could ever find him any more boring. He's basic in theory is the only argument I could hear and that's been his shtick since day one of CT. It's not like he looks any less flashy than anyone else.

I dunno, I find Litchi, Lambda, Noel, and Tsubaki boring though, so it's whatever.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jin's not very basic in theory imo.

He has an extremely complicated playstyle, especially if we're talking about across all of his matchups.

The funny part is that Jin could be pretty auto-piloty in CS2 (which I tried to avoid, because there's so much going on with him it would suck to stick to the norm, which is also why i didn't really enjoy ren's jin, he was the textbook definition of cs2 jin) and now that he requires more thought universally to use successfully people are dropping him all over.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Only character in the game with ex moves(I guess Hakumen kind of does as well.)

I would still say he is kind of basic though, at least when you compare him to what a lot of other characters can do. He's a pretty well rounded character and probably a good character for people coming from a different game(like maybe SF) to start with.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
As far as the Jin debate goes... to each their own? I find incredibly flashy Jin players really entertaining. Just as I find really boring Jin players really effing boring. And Jin is only as deep as you make him, just like everyone else in the cast.

I, for one, find Makoto incredibly boring to watch because it's the same stuff over and over, and no one ever tries anything new or interesting. I'm just like, "Yep, that's Makoto. Oh wait, that other player is now in the corner. So they're probably dead. Well, I can stop watching this match now." Maybe that will change in Extend, maybe not. But hey, that's just my opinion.

OPINIONS, EVERYONE'S GOT THEM.

Hm, speaking of Noel...Is the Vanguard still relatively strong in Japan? Team R-Triggers hasn't switched or something, have they?
R-1 and Gucci still play Noel. There are vids of them floating around. I think Yuu does too? I could be wrong though. No one ever sees R-2 play though, it's pretty rare.

And on another completely unrelated note!

Canada Cup BB Results! Prepare yourself for two names you've probably heard of, and six you haven't.

1. MCZ.Tokido
2. DacidBro
3. Wenff
4. DjNoLimitz
5. Stuart
5. AC
7. Meteo impact
7. Raikon

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dacidbro convinced me to play the game when CT first came out. Then he was playing CS in arcade. Then he never came back. I still talk to him occasionally, but I may have played him once in CS and once more in CS II. I miss that guy.

In other interesting news, Huey played with us when he was first starting then he got really ****ing good after he too moved on to the arcade cab.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
As far as the Jin debate goes... to each their own? I find incredibly flashy Jin players really entertaining. Just as I find really boring Jin players really effing boring. And Jin is only as deep as you make him, just like everyone else in the cast.

I, for one, find Makoto incredibly boring to watch because it's the same stuff over and over, and no one ever tries anything new or interesting. I'm just like, "Yep, that's Makoto. Oh wait, that other player is now in the corner. So they're probably dead. Well, I can stop watching this match now." Maybe that will change in Extend, maybe not. But hey, that's just my opinion.

OPINIONS, EVERYONE'S GOT THEM.

R-1 and Gucci still play Noel. There are vids of them floating around. I think Yuu does too? I could be wrong though. No one ever sees R-2 play though, it's pretty rare.

And on another completely unrelated note!

Canada Cup BB Results! Prepare yourself for two names you've probably heard of, and six you haven't.

1. MCZ.Tokido
2. DacidBro
3. Wenff
4. DjNoLimitz
5. Stuart
5. AC
7. Meteo impact
7. Raikon
i agee with you about makoto.i learned to play with her,but is always the same thing and i get boring.

and

i know 3 names;)
ac is a lambda player.he is prety good,actually.so fun to watch him play.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ah, cool. That's the first I've heard of him.

‎>practicing optimal combos
>get bored in training mode
>started learning haida loop-esque shenanigans
>mfw

I should get bored in training mode more often.

Thino

Smash Master
not surprised AC made it to top 8 he used to teach me Nu tricks back in the CT and apparently he carried them over in BBCS2 and improved a lot ever since he got a stick

arturefo

Smash Journeyman

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
What? I never said it was useful! Because at this point, it's really not.

I can't even get it to work on characters with weird air hitboxes. Looking at you, Jin. >:I
I know, I was just a bit like "You just all of a sudden got it out of nowhere from being bored?" since I've been trying on training mode against Ragna (who's normally been my training dummy due to him generally being like "in the middle" hitbox-wise) to get it for months and months is all, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know, I was just a bit like "You just all of a sudden got it out of nowhere from being bored?" since I've been trying on training mode against Ragna (who's normally been my training dummy due to him generally being like "in the middle" hitbox-wise) to get it for months and months is all, lol.
Wasn't Ragna one of the more difficult characters to get the loop on? I remember that being the case in CS1, not sure about CS2.

And yes, boredom in training mode has also helped me to learn random stuff I wouldn't really use (like Haida Loop in CS1 when I never used Noel).

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, I dunno. :V

It's not like I'm ever going to use it in a match.

Wasn't Ragna one of the more difficult characters to get the loop on? I remember that being the case in CS1, not sure about CS2.

And yes, boredom in training mode has also helped me to learn random stuff I wouldn't really use (like Haida Loop in CS1 when I never used Noel).
Ragna's not too bad. I don't really have a problem with big, fatty characters or characters that have really horizontal air hitboxes. Apparently, in CS2, it goes something like this:

(Easy)
Tager Valkenhayn Hakumen Rachel
Ragna Mu Taokaka Carl
Jin Makoto Arakune Hazama
Tsubaki Bang Litchi
Platinum Lambda Noel
(Hard)

And then everyone has a different number of reps or alterations, depending on their hitbox.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Weird, I thought Carl and Lambda were considered "theoretically impossible" to Haida? And I know it's not likely to get used in a match but well, I'm just the type who gets upset when there's something he can't do but thinks he should.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think "hard" really means "nearly impossible, really, why bother." But I could be wrong.

But now that I've figured that out, I probably won't play Noel anymore. Again. 'w'

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mu is actually Falco in disguise, because of all dah lazars.

You are now imagining Falco in Mu's clothes.

Top Bottom