• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
in sc2 i played with so many characters.xiaghua,kilik,siegfried,ivy,mitsurugi,cassandra,sophitia,heihachi(ps2 ver),nightmare,talim and cervantes.is easier to say who i didnt played.hehe.
Ah SC2, the last time I think Kilik was good and probably more where I started playing Xianghua more. The thing about Soul Calibur though, is you could always pick Cervantes and just do that freaking crazy charge move.

I'm tempted to try Tekken at some point because I think it'd help with fundamentals, but...I obviously am gonna have my hands full with Blazblue/KOFXIII/kind of MK9 as is. Oh, and maybe SFxTekken when it comes out.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Tekken is decent but there are better fighting games imo xd.

I love SC2! The only game where Seung Mina is good! (And also better than Kilik yeaaah.) SC4 is decent, but SC2 is just better imo. And Soul Blade was also amazing, I loved its mission mode.

:052:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I guess I one of the few here that thought SC wasn't anything special. :ohwell:
It's just one of those games where I don't feel like taking seriously.
I'm tempted to try Tekken at some point because I think it'd help with fundamentals, but...I obviously am gonna have my hands full with Blazblue/KOFXIII/kind of MK9 as is. Oh, and maybe SFxTekken when it comes out.
If you want a game based just on fundamentals, then just play any of the SF2 games since those are easy to have access to.
You don't have to worry about frame data and what's unsafe on block. It's just footsies with good (but simple) execution.

As for on topic BB stuff, I don't know who I want as a secondary. I want to choose someone good so I can improve faster instead of worrying about the limitations of a character. It's just hard to say who will be good and that'll fit my style at the moment.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
As for on topic BB stuff, I don't know who I want as a secondary. I want to choose someone good so I can improve faster instead of worrying about the limitations of a character. It's just hard to say who will be good and that'll fit my style at the moment.
I remember your Hazama being pretty decent. Why not go for that? He's also a good character. :3c

I know what you mean. I'll do the biggest facepalm in the world though if I wind up secondary-ing Tsubaki, Makoto, or Bang though.
Haha, why?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Probably because I've already failed twice in trying Makoto, dismissed Bang entirely as not my style, and because I HATE Tsubaki, lol. But stuff like that has ultimately made me wind up playing people before out of 'not wanting to get owned by them as much' thought process.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There is nothing to like/hate about tsubaki, she has no personality.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
How can you hate Tsubaki? ;-;

She's so cool.
Gameplay-wise: like a "rushdown Lambda" with moves that seem like they shouldn't combo, comboing, and stuff that looks like you can block being stuff you can't.

Character-wise: She kind of comes across as playing the victim, wants to kill her best friend, and, in wanting Jin for herself, joins the OPPOSITE side that he's fighting on? Riiight...

But obviously, I don't actually hate hate her as she's a character that doesn't exist. It's not like on Big Brother or anything when some people are just absolutely vile and disgustingly nasty to where it's uncomfortable and makes you change the channel until they're done.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
Tekken is decent but there are better fighting games imo xd.

I love SC2! The only game where Seung Mina is good! (And also better than Kilik yeaaah.) SC4 is decent, but SC2 is just better imo. And Soul Blade was also amazing, I loved its mission mode.

i forgot seung mina.i played with her too.hehehe.

Probably because I've already failed twice in trying Makoto, dismissed Bang entirely as not my style, and because I HATE Tsubaki, lol. But stuff like that has ultimately made me wind up playing people before out of 'not wanting to get owned by them as much' thought process.
how can you hate tsubaki.[²]

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Tbh that's what I like most about Tsubaki, because she was forced and brought up to have no personality herself and yet realising she is struggling with that, she must do what she thinks is right. Unfortunately (?) it seems she just can't control her feelings always.

<3 BB story.

i forgot seung mina.i played with her too.hehehe.
I think you just played random ^^.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
True enough! :bee:

Gameplay-wise: like a "rushdown Lambda" with moves that seem like they shouldn't combo, comboing, and stuff that looks like you can block being stuff you can't.

Character-wise: She kind of comes across as playing the victim, wants to kill her best friend, and, in wanting Jin for herself, joins the OPPOSITE side that he's fighting on? Riiight...

But obviously, I don't actually hate hate her as she's a character that doesn't exist. It's not like on Big Brother or anything when some people are just absolutely vile and disgustingly nasty to where it's uncomfortable and makes you change the channel until they're done.
No offense, but I don't think I followed a word of this. I mean, the character-wise part, sure. But the rest of it just went WHOOSH. Over my head. :urg:

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Nah, a legitimate ranged rushdown game would be broken as hell, since there would be no way to punish them for messing up on predicted rushdown if they're far away. Zoning, by textbook, is controlling the right space at the right time to the prevent opponent from entering your character's comfort bubble.

Zoning is a legitimate playstyle, whereas distanced rushdown would be broken and doesn't exist in any fighting game I know of.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I always thought of zoning as more passive, and Lambda definitely is not passive. I dunno.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
rushdown = approaching/staying close to your opponent.

a "distanced rushdown" is a contradiction and is physically impossible.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hazama kind of feels like that imo. Zoning with snake chains until he gets you blocking, then he rushs in and pressures you.

:/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
rushdown = approaching/staying close to your opponent.

This. I was too lazy to post this earlier and this was a better choice of words. lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hazama kind of feels like that imo. Zoning with snake chains until he gets you blocking, then he rushs in and pressures you.

:/
Well that's just a mixed playstyle.

He can play both zoner and rushdown, but not both at the same time.

Same with Rachel, except she's far better at rushdown than she is at zoning, save CT.

Also, I wouldn't really consider hazama a rushdown character. He lacks reliable mixups and because most of his pressure relies on heavier attacks or specials it's fairly easy to push him out with barrier. Hazama is better off playing passively and relying on chains to lay down the pressure.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Maybe I'm wrong, but Hazama's pressure is really strong, AFAIK.

If you push him out with barrier he's just gonna start zoning again.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
True enough! :bee:

No offense, but I don't think I followed a word of this. I mean, the character-wise part, sure. But the rest of it just went WHOOSH. Over my head. :urg:
I just meant with Tsubaki having a fast charge and DD attacks, was all...And was also saying I can't REALLY hate her since 1. she's not horribly done so it's not like "what a fail character" and 2. she's not a real person.

In good news though, I won $5 in a first to 5 money match tonight. 5-0.

Also, wtf at Spelt's signature. Forget "Kids Say the Darndest Things", make it like..."Katie Says the Darndest Things". Or...something funny.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, oh god, my derpy comments were taken seriously. MISO SOWWEE. D:

So, apparently, Northwest Majors is being sponsored by Aksys, and they're bringing a playable copy of Extend! Pretty cool.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Me was just tired, is all. Thinking clearly=overrated.

And that's pretty cool that they're bringing a copy of Extend down. Maybe, I dunno, a couple of new bits of info might come with it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Alright, I'm done with Carl. I can't imagine him as anything less than a main.

I'm going to experiment with Hakumen now. :3

Top Bottom