• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I would have too if I knew what was funny. :D

But I don't really like the PV. You will need more than some flashing lights in order to convince me into buying a game ><

:052:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I just laughed because I thought it was supposed to be "Wars" instead actually...

But yes, of course I'll buy it too. Why, the people who complained the most about UMVC3 are the ones who already have it pre-ordered.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I complain a ton about umvc and I'm not buying it at launch. Gonna wait and see how it turns out, because right now it's not looking so good.

I still hope there's soundtrack preorder bonus for us too. Make it happen, Aksys.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Agreed. Then again...kinda want to pre-order KOFXIII but I'm not sure if the 4-disc OST is a pre-order exclusive or not. Anyone know?

And hell, still gotta have money for Uncharted 3, AND for pre-ordering Mass Effect 3 and possibly SFxTekken. Yeah...I need a job bad.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The only reason I'm getting UMvC3 at launch is because my boyfriend is buying it. Then I'll play it for five minutes, realize that it has exactly the same problems as MvC3, and promptly drop it.

So, yeah.

I kinda want to import Extend though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Loving dat Pessimism, Katie. :p
Why should she put herself through more of the same, Raz? It's really not that much different from Vanilla. They tweaked a few things here and there, sure, but it's still MvC3 at its core: X-Factor, touch of death combos (health nerfs ahoy!), randomness, et cetera.

That said, I'm still gonna buy UMvC3 at launch. I actually like the game for its shortcomings rather than in spite of them. Gives me that white-knuckled feeling with its frenetic pacing and **** flying everywhere on the screen that I only get from my all-time favorite fighting game series of all time, Guilty Gear. I haven't found another fighting game out there yet that's as crazy as Marvel and GG.

I'm going to buy Extend at launch, too. It's just up to you guys to make sure that I don't sell it for something else. :awesome:

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like what I hear of the opening in this new PV better than that live recording.

CS1 arcade opening will always be top tier though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Importing Extend almost sounds tempting, but I'm just going to wait the extra two months if we are getting it in February.
Extend just doesn't feel so exciting at the moment right now, especially since it's just Relius added and the existing cast being barely buffed and mostly nerfed.

I'm getting Ultimate just so I can enter tourneys, and I'm obviously getting KoF XIII after wanting a console port for so long.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Loving dat Pessimism, Katie. :p
Basically, what Smoove said. :I

Now now, Raziek, you know how those Maritimers are. Like...you guys are kind of the neglected provinces government-wise, since out West has BC, and Quebec's always complaining. :bee:
Nova Scotia, where's that? ;)

Alberta da bess! :awesome:

Smooth Criminal
It's funny because Alberta is probably one of the better provinces to live in, and yet everyone else in Canada hates Alberta. The irony.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I like MvC and BB, but I am only somewhat decent at BB. Marvel is like other fighting games on crack.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Alberta's fighting game scene is pretty dead \o/.

I think the only game we play is SSF4 and MvC3. Oh and SC2.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
It is. While I don't play MvC3 or SSF4, I don't know how big their community is. BB in my city's dead. Melee's dead. Brawl's semi-dead. MK9's pretty empty. Etc.

But yeah!

All about that MvC3 and SSF4 here in my city apparently. =|

I guess Calgary's more active. Alberta thread on dustloop is dead too \o/.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
That's actually exactly how it is in Denver, too, although the Brawl/Melee scene has kicked up recently. All the big events center around SSF4 and MvC3.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tekken is actually pretty popular here. Not sure why I haven't gotten into it. I loved it when I was a kid.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I actually really liked Tekken when I was a kid too.

However, the only issue I have with Tekken is that I do better when I mash than when I actually try to play the game. That's probably bad, right?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually really liked Tekken when I was a kid too.

However, the only issue I have with Tekken is that I do better when I mash than when I actually try to play the game. That's probably bad, right?
I think that happens a lot for people in various games (but mostly 3D fighters because of the learning curve).
Same goes for those who like mashing on reversals all the time on wakeup, I guess.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I think that's pretty much a universal rule for fighters, really. :S
Which is why most people have such a hard time getting into them.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I have SC2. LOL.

But I just mashed through that game and the story. Then I found competitive smash and never touched it ever again :x. To be fair, I played soul calibur when I was like...12 or something.

(I have ...some tekken game for PS1. Played it once, didn't play it again. Again, was 10 or 12 or something xd).

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, I still remember the days of the original Smash Bros. We'd make it so only the explosives were available and just max them out so it was raining bombs down. Was absolutely awesome.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
in sc2 i played with so many characters.xiaghua,kilik,siegfried,ivy,mitsurugi,cassandra,sophitia,heihachi(ps2 ver),nightmare,talim and cervantes.is easier to say who i didnt played.hehe.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I liked Tekken 3 a lot when that came out. I never got into SC much. I played Soul Edge a little but that was it.
For SC itself, I only played SC2 since that would always be the other game people would bring out during smashfests. XD
I actually got SC1 for my DC now, but I don't feel like getting into that.

That's why I was wondering. Usually if people never played Tekken for fun, it seems to be SC instead.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've played both, but neither extensively. I think 3D fighting games just aren't my cup of tea though.

I legitimately tried to learn how to play T6, but I really have a hard time understanding the notation, and how the combo mechanics work, like bounds and whatnot.

Top Bottom