• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
lol, it's not even online I get salty. I couldn't even have fun playing this dog s*** at Season's Beatings and yet, I had a blast playing Guilty Gear and Skullgirls even though I was a beginner and got the living s*** beat out of me.
I've never really gotten salty at BB (offline). Well... I guess I didn't really enjoy CS1. lol
Other than that, what was the problem?

Or maybe BB felt bland after playing GG? I know that kinda happens for me.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
He actually meant to post this stuff in the MvC3 thread.
oops. x_x

Lmao.

Why you mad tho, Giga?

Smooth Criminal
Everytime I get on netplay, even after taking a break (this time 2 weeks), I always get a salty feeling.

I've never really gotten salty at BB (offline). Well... I guess I didn't really enjoy CS1. lol
Other than that, what was the problem?

Or maybe BB felt bland after playing GG? I know that kinda happens for me.
Eh, not the biggest reason. The biggest reason was because after using Potemkin and Cerebella, I finally got to use GOOD (or atleast I believe Cerebella will be good even though she might have problems against teams.) characters and I had a great time even I was a beginner and got beat the s*** out of. Then time came to play BB where my main has little to no useful tools, s***** AAs, s***** pokes, s***** crouches (which 2 of them are the AAs), s***** etc. compare to the other 2 characters I mention.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
So you're salty that you're using a bottom tier character vs a mid-top tier character...?

That's like complaining about playing as ganon after you tried MK (or playing as pichu after trying fox). If you don't like what you're playing as, switch. If you simply like the character more than anything, then no one can really help you lol.

Maybe you'll find comfort in knowing your character is probably better than a former S tier in CSEX >_>;

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Iuno. Reading the makoto boards on dustloop gives me the impression she's the rachel of CS1 now.

The matchup certainly isn't that skewed anymore in any case.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah no offense but seems like you're making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be. If you don't like playing a bad character play someone else...

Also I really doubt makoto is worse than tager.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
People have been saying that Tager isn't crap in CSE.

But I never followed the character so I really wouldn't know.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Nah no one else fits my playstyle and even then I hate having to start over with a new character with re-learning match ups and etc.

Also Tager is NOWHERE close to S-tier material (unless you weren't being literal). Yes, he doesn't look as free as he did in CS2 but imo, he still is lacking tools to be feared (mostly reliable AAs and pokes but 5b does look nice now.) I know he'll always be bad against zoners though I still think they need to find a way to fix the Tager vs Hazama match up, maybe have negative pentalty drain health?

As for Tager vs Makoto... idk I haven't seen enough matches yet. :V

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tager will be better in Extend than he was in CS2. But I mean, if you want to win, you either have to put a lot of time and effort in, or you learn a top tier character. I mean, I don't really know what else to say, but I know the feeling, bro.

Also, Makoto will be fine in Extend, come on now.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ I agree, but i'm not really in a position to talk because i've been complaining about extend rachel quite a bit.

I really don't think i'm gonna play her when it comes out anyways. Maybe keep her as a side, but right now i'm leaning towards hazama, jin, or relius.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Tager will be better in Extend than he was in CS2. But I mean, if you want to win, you either have to put a lot of time and effort in, or you learn a top tier character. I mean, I don't really know what else to say, but I know the feeling, bro.

Also, Makoto will be fine in Extend, come on now.
I'm sure some people are overreacting yeah, but some people are probably uh...underreacting? Mind you, I'm guilty of overreacting with my worries on Noel too so I really shouldn't talk.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The one character that I think got too nerfed in CSX is probably Tsubaki. I have no idea why they wanted to nerf her. :ohwell:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I haven't really been paying much attention to tsubaki, I know her charge is back to like cs1 speed though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Tsubaki's charge speed was silly in CS2, mash D like it was Nu.

I don't think they want her charges to be so free, kind of defeats the point of a charge character imo.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tsubaki didn't get nerfed too badly from the looks of it, though I could be totally wrong. Also, this is just imo, but I think Tsubaki was secretly really good in CS2, it's just that no one plays her.

She's getting nerfed a bunch in CSX? Sweet...Can they make it so I don't' rip my hair out fighting Lambda and Mu while I'm at it?
I dunno, Lambda got some maybe significant nerfs? But when you watch amazing Lambda players go at it, I can't really see the difference. From the looks of Mu's changes, she's going to be better than she was before, but I can't really say for sure.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm... My CS2 tier list:

S - Makoto
A - Noel, Hazama, Lambda
B - Jin, Platinum, Valkenhayn, Litchi, Tsubaki, Tao, Carl
C - Hakumen, Rachel, Ragna, Arakune, Mu, Bang, Tager

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for putting Rachel that low, lol.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This game is very well balanced, so categorizing those middle tier characters is difficult. Here's my opinion for CS2.

S - Makoto
A - Hazama, Tao, Jin, Carl, Valk, Noel
B - Rachel, Tsubaki, Litchi, Lambda, Ragna, Platinum
C - Hakumen, Arakune, Mu, Bang, Tager

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I think when you play Tager only, you're gonna get frustrated as hell. Every really good Tager I play online also plays Lambda.

I think Hakumen will definitely be better than C-tier - judging by how well Blacky has been doing and a few others.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hmm... My CS2 tier list:

S - Makoto
A - Noel, Hazama, Lambda
B - Jin, Platinum, Valkenhayn, Litchi, Tsubaki, Tao, Carl
C - Hakumen, Rachel, Ragna, Arakune, Mu, Bang, Tager

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for putting Rachel that low, lol.

While I agree with some of that, I've always felt that Litchi's either A or A-.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I never really had an issue with Litchi, I don't think she should be with Noel and Hazama.

If there is any character that is amazing that people just don't think about it's Valkenhayn imo.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I totally agree with you, Rutger. One hundred percent.

My personal list!
S: Makoto
A+: Noel, Hazama, Jin
A: Valkenhayn, Litchi
A-: Tao, Carl, Tsubaki, Rachel
B+: Lambda
B: Hakumen, Platinum, Mu
B-: Arakune, Ragna, Bang
C: Tager

edit: I think Valk, Tsubaki, Lambda, Platinum, Mu, and Arakune all have the potential to be higher, I just haven't really seen it. Basically, I don't have any proof that they are any higher than they are.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My list is pretty much Lythium's list. The only change is Jin being bumped down to A.

Also, I'm attempting to learn GG again. BBCSX is kinda killing my motivation on practicing CS2 right now.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I totally agree with you, Rutger. One hundred percent.

My personal list!
S: Makoto
A+: Noel, Hazama, Jin
A: Valkenhayn, Litchi
A-: Tao, Carl, Tsubaki, Rachel
B+: Lambda
B: Hakumen, Platinum, Mu
B-: Arakune, Ragna, Bang
C: Tager

edit: I think Valk, Tsubaki, Lambda, Platinum, Mu, and Arakune all have the potential to be higher, I just haven't really seen it. Basically, I don't have any proof that they are any higher than they are.

I kind of agree with that, but I'd bump Hakumen to B+, Platinum to B-, and Arakune and Ragna to just B. Though those aren't really giant changes, lol.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Oops, forgot Hakumen. Added.

I hope Krynxe is trolling. :3c
Lol, but I do think Hakumen is C tier. (On my 4 tu I did my Valk in A though.

As for everyone's tier lists, I think you're all giving Noel too much credit. Just because she's played much more than most of the cast, shouldn't make her more recognized. Most of her combos are just auto-combos that can be completely blocked if you have the experience*, and she's so repetitive and readable and has bad range. I'm not doubting she's a really good character, but most of you are placing her as second where I still see characters like Jin, Hazama, and Valk to have better over-all matchups when played to the best of their ability.

Also, Tager. :awesome:

* - To clarify, I don't have that experience lol. I don't want any salty noels trying to prove me wrong. It's just an opinion from what I've seen, I'm not very good at actually playing because I never practice. And again, this game is very well balanced so the difference isn't that significant.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, I meant about the C moves thing. :p

I totally and completely disagree with you about Noel, but that's just my opinion too. Also, combos =/= blockstrings.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
What was I thinking when I wrote that first line?
"Lol yeah I'm joking, but I do think Hakumen is C tier. (I did put my Valk in A though, like you said.)"

And I'm not talking about Noel's like 2a spam and simple drive stuff. Most of her combos, especially the ones that use her drive though, are very limited and linear once you start them up. There's not much changing them up once you get started, and a good player can usually out-defend it all. (Like a good Tager, lol)

And that's my point Arture, a top level player should be able to predict/react very easily to characters, but the way Noel plays makes her exceptionally easy, and that's my point. But say for a character like Tao, you get them in the air and you can change your game accordingly.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Noel is the most random character in the game. And that randomness leads to 4k midscreen combos.

Trufax. \o/.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hmm, I don't really get it. You seem to be suggesting that Noel is not good, and I agree that she has her weaknesses, but those aren't really what you're talking about. I dunno. /shrug

Also, you're still confusing blockstrings with combos, haha. They're not the same thing.

edit: Got ninja'd. But yeah, Crusayer is right. Noel's risk/reward is dumb. :3c

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Lythium, Noel is a really, really good character. Great pressure (frame traps aaall day), above average neutral, and good defense (IBing anything practically leads to a free 5k+)..

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
True. And let's not forget that she's very fast, in terms of movement and her normals, she can space decently, she has stagger pressure for days, and obviously, her damage is unreal. Seriously, no one can beat Noel in damage, except for Makoto and Arakune with curse.

edit: Meterless damage, I mean.

Top Bottom