• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Krynxse (I'm sorry if I misspelled your name lol). When can we play :V.

I can play roughly tomorrow after 4pm (it is 12:53 pm as of me writing this post so you can figure out your timezone) and thereafter 5pm on other days.

PSN: Crusayer
I can play you after I get home tomorrow at around 4:20. (You're an hour ahead, so that'll be around 5:20 your time)

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Ah my bad, I forgot I have sports tomorrow night. I'll be home at like 8:30pm-ish. If you can't do it that late at night we can still do wednesday (no change in times)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Well I do find it strange to be honest. I dont see why people shouldn't be free to comment on videos. Even if some say stupid stuff, there are always many others that don't. That's freedom of speech you know.

I am grateful that he adds videos and I'm not pissed or anything alike, but I like reading comments on Youtube vids to see what other people think.
My personal list!
S: Makoto
A+: Noel, Hazama, Jin
A: Valkenhayn, Litchi
A-: Tao, Carl, Tsubaki, Rachel
B+: Lambda
B: Hakumen, Platinum, Mu
B-: Arakune, Ragna, Bang
C: Tager
I agree with this list, except that Rachel should be A imo.

:052:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think she has the potential to be, but at the moment, she's not. She would probably be higher on my list, if she was played more. I think she doesn't do very well in Japan in CS2 due to being a very difficult character to play correctly imo. I can only think of a couple notable American Rachel players too. If there were more Rachel players, I would probably agree with you. But imo, her potential hasn't been fully realized, and probably won't be, at this rate.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Rachel is a hard character to play as. Although, one of the cool things about her is that she can be played in different ways. I've seen people that take a really aggressive approach with her, while I've seen others that play defensive and stick to a really good keep away/counter game. I agree with Lithium, though, that people haven't really realized her full potential... Even I haven't XD.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree, I think Rachel is one of the most difficult characters to play. She requires a lot of work and effort to become good with her, which is why I think there's not a lot of Rachel players. And the ones that do exist, aren't especially amazing yet. CS1 was kind of a huge setback in terms of Rachel's development.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
CS1 was horrible for Rachel development.....
Rachel does have a pretty high learning curve, though.... But I'm still excited to see what people can do with her. Her... Um.... I don't really know exactly how to word it, but... her "structure" as a move set is one of the most unique ones I've seen due to how flexible it can be. I'm excited to see how people play with Rachel in CS:EX as well ^__^.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I agree, I think Rachel is one of the most difficult characters to play. She requires a lot of work and effort to become good with her, which is why I think there's not a lot of Rachel players. And the ones that do exist, aren't especially amazing yet. CS1 was kind of a huge setback in terms of Rachel's development.
Not only is Rachel hard to play as, a good Rachel player is hard to play AGAINST. Good lord, I can't count the amount of times Kirbster's kicked my butt. :(

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rachel is overrated. She's no harder to play than Carl or Hazama.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I've always thought Rachel is the most technically demanding character in BB. Carl's up there with her.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rachel's combos are pretty easy, except top combos. I've had much more trouble learning other combos than I did learning her other standard bnbs. Jin's DP loops are so hard you rarely ever even see japanese Jin's attempt them.

Rachel, like Hazama, is hard to learn mostly because moving around with her is so different from the rest of the cast, and then incorporating that into actual gameplay takes time.

Hazama is not difficult, really. I think the hardest thing to do is dashing 3C into Mizuchi.
Wasn't really talking about combos. But the new TK j.214b loops look really hard to do consistently.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Again, I fail to see how moving with Hazama is hard. You super jump a lot, realize you don't have a dash, and hit D a bunch.

>_>

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm talking about more about general gameplay than combo specific. If you're gonna talk about combos, Noel's haida loop probably beats a LOT of things in difficulty. And we all know how technically demanding she is outside of that \o/.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
IMO, the only character that's hard to use is Carl. Characters like Rachel and Hazama really aren't that bad.
I'm talking about more about general gameplay than combo specific. If you're gonna talk about combos, Noel's haida loop probably beats a LOT of things in difficulty. And we all know how technically demanding she is outside of that \o/.
I feel like that's a challenge. I'd go do that right now but I'm too lazy to look for the inputs on CS2's Haida Loop.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I was talking about general gameplay too, lmao.

Haz is like 40% Super Jumps, 20% IAD j.2C crossups, and 40% ground pressure.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
>Ground pressure

>Buppa dashes 4 times on the ground infront of your face

>OVERHEAD.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're forgetting all of the mixups and fakes he can do with chains.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Raziek plays hazama. I think he might know what he's talking about.

The chain fakes / mixups aren't that technically demanding too lol

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
^This.

There's really not much to him once you understand your zones. and how to stay the **** out of mid-range.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's just ridiculously oversimplifying it.

All japanese Hazamas do what i'm talking about.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't think Spelt's point was that the chain fakes/mixups are technically demanding or anything like that. It's just implementing some of Hazama's more advanced tactics takes a little more brainpower than, say, Ragna's derptastic rushdown/DP game.

Smooth Criminal

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Again, you're acting like I don't watch Kagetsu, Kaqnzama, Buppa and the like.

Fair point I suppose, Smooth.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Eh, Hazama isn't that hard, but that's just imo. His hard combos are kinda difficult, but that's about it, from what I've seen of him. But what do I know? Not actually that much about Hazama, really. He's like middle of the curve, when it comes to difficulty imo.

I've always thought Rachel is the most technically demanding character in BB. Carl's up there with her.
Yeaaaah, I'm with Crusayer on this one, guys. Rachel's combos aren't that difficult, but playing her correctly is imo.

I feel like that's a challenge. I'd go do that right now but I'm too lazy to look for the inputs on CS2's Haida Loop.
tell us if you get past 5 reps \o/.
Reps and input are character-specific. :bee:

I got you this present: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11719-Noel-Vermillion-CS2-Haida-Guide

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeahhh....I'm just going to be curled up in the corner rocking back and forth like a crazy person that's kinda thankful he won't have to learn it in CSX.

Top Bottom