• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Where does Taunt loop Tao fit into all this?

I never got around to learning all of it thanks to CS2 and her loleasy j8D~A loop.
Never got to play S tier Tao. :(

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Yeahhh....I'm just going to be curled up in the corner rocking back and forth like a crazy person that's kinda thankful he won't have to learn it in CSX.
Haha XD. Yeah, Noel can't do any haida loops in CS:EX. Her new combos look really fun to do, though. I'm also loving her new 6D <3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdL_kF-X5_s

R.I.P. Haida loop!

'09-'11

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
noel is more balanced now.still a damage monster,but more balanced.

this cannot happen anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIy7aDehTvU
"now we can get dat Real Kawaii Damage without the need of two gold bursts"
made me lol

@Rutger
iirc the CS1 tao taunt loop was 21D -> 2D -> B -> Taunt (loop, cancel second hit of taunt with 21D)
Works mid and corner iirc, it'd been awhile.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I know what the TL is, I was asking where she fit in with difficult characters when she had it. :/

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Ah yeah I meant 214D lol, my bad. I was never good at that loop anyways, good thing they just made it easier for me. xD

On a similar note, does Carl still have an infinite/loop in cs2?

I also wonder if either will exist in cs:ex, they're probably doing their best to prevent loops from occurring any more.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Carl has an unblockable setup if done correctly.

And I doubt they're trying to take out loops when they just gave hazama one lol.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well they didn't really give it to him. It's possible in CS2, but I guess they just figured it out after Extend's release or something. @_@

And Hazama already gets so much damage without it it's not really necessary in CS2, lol.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
It's used now in CSX because they made it easier to do. The link in CS2 is (supposedly) REALLY hard apparently so no one really did it. That and he already did good damage without it so I guess they didn't put the time into learning it until now.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
His basic character design is too strong to ever be lower than mid-tier unless they nerf his damage or meter gain into the ground.

So yeah, co-signing Lythium's post.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol, you would. Is someone afraid of getting beaten up? :bee:

But I suppose this brings up another question. Do you think there's a character that by design is going to be hard to be higher than mid without getting a LOT of changes? And uh...who and why?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I kinda meant like other than Tager, sorry.

Ugh, getting owned with the obvious is almost as embarrassing as when Malcore got me to play Just Dance 2, lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, you know Mal?? He's a former Nova Scotia bro!
Yeah man, Malcore used to live over here in Ottawa for a bit and was part of the Brawl scene when I first got into stuff like that and was around off-on for a while including a few GO events. My buddy PND and I chilled with him a couple times in the summer, and I gather from talking to him in (I think) early October, that he's moved back out there since.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
It's kind of hard to think of a character that will never be higher than mid tier other than Tager XD. If I absolutely HAD to chose, I'd say POSSIBLY Tao... Although it's kind of hard to think of a character like that ^^;. Everyone in BlazBlue is just so well done and balanced (for the most part).

dualseeker

Smash Ace
LOL XD. Ragna.... You can always count on him to be derp and make you laugh XD.

But if Carnage Scissors has projectile invulnerability (poor Noel Q__Q), then that must mean that Arrows of Heaven must not be a projectile anymore..... That's kind of funny if you ask me XD.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Nope, it's definitely a projectile. I just think people were expecting Carnage Scissors to have more projectile invulnerability than that. :p

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's kind of hard to think of a character that will never be higher than mid tier other than Tager XD. If I absolutely HAD to chose, I'd say POSSIBLY Tao... Although it's kind of hard to think of a character like that ^^;. Everyone in BlazBlue is just so well done and balanced (for the most part).
Tao was the best character in CS1. Or close enough, last tier list had her at third. :/

Tao's mobility and damage makes it hard for me to imagine her ever being lower than mid. Though if they make her damage terrible and have the rest of the cast be solid...

I can't imagine anyone other than Tager that could be consitantly bad.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, I looked back after that post. She was just under them on he last tier list.

Though honestly I would have put her with them, not that it matters anymore.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Hakumen is really pretty strong as a character design, I just don't think he'll be top tier unless they:

1. Keep all of his current buffs/attributes
2. Have him do 4k off of counters like in CT

I actually think they brought back what made him high tier in CS1, which is the ability to do very good damage anywhere on the screen, with the only limit being how much meter you have. Even when starting with a jab midscreen, you get a 1:1 magatama to 1k damage ratio.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, I looked back after that post. She was just under them on he last tier list.

Though honestly I would have put her with them, not that it matters anymore.
I would have put CS1 Tao up there too. But then again, Bang was not quite as good as Litchi, so I'd probably put Tao on par with Bang in CS1.

But hey, that's just me.

i think hakumen will not be top tier.
He was in CS1, and he looks pretty darn good in Extend too.

Top Bottom