• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I guess any further Persona discussion should go in the SMT thread or the fighting game thread. I totally forgot about those threads lol.
Anyways, I'm really hoping that BBCS Extend adds at least one more character. More story mode and Relius is nice, but I don't want to buy another copy just for that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm fine with the new copy as long as it's not the full $60.

I'd like the new intro/character select screen/possibly new main menu/etc

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
An anime, and now a fighting game? When do we get our line of Persona 4 apparel? Will they get their own baseball team?
Japan has that that for years. Even the MC's glasses are for sale, and you can literally use them for prescriptions as well.

Minus the fog-clearing ability though.

As for Relius, he isn't really someone I want to play. The story mode could be a good reason for me to get this, but I'll probably wait a couple of months.

I just hope nothing else new is coming out by then, yeesh.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
A BlazBlue anime? Would be nothing short of awesome. The first season could be the seperate time-loops for various characters, with the season finale being the true ending. If they did it right, I'd be one happy camper.

Just gotta think of which animation studio would be proper for capturing the characters... Well, outside of Gonzo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
A BlazBlue anime? Would be nothing short of awesome. The first season could be the seperate time-loops for various characters, with the season finale being the true ending. If they did it right, I'd be one happy camper.

Just gotta think of which animation studio would be proper for capturing the characters... Well, outside of Gonzo.
lol Gonzo did such a bad job in CS. I really liked how they did CTs OP and cutscenes though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I want more characters as well, even though I'm excited for Relius.

At the very least we might be able to get more DLC characters with this.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Every BlazBlue anime thread on /a/ ends up with "it'd be cool I guess but I'm a hipster and GG is better"

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
looking at the article about the disc release again, it's kind of hard to tell if that is what it is actually saying. It could just be poorly worded and talking about the PSV game.

I don't think anyone else is saying disc release yet either, so...

It's not deconfirmed or anything, but it might be jumping to conclusions. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
looking at the article about the disc release again, it's kind of hard to tell if that is what it is actually saying. It could just be poorly worded and talking about the PSV game.

I don't think anyone else is saying disc release yet either, so...

It's not deconfirmed or anything, but it might be jumping to conclusions. :/
Well, Vita doesn't use discs so I'm guessing the discs are referring to the PS3 and 360.
Also, I'm actually pleased that we finally get an update not too long after the arcades get it. That rarely happens.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still don't think it's 100% confirmed to be a disc release.
he could've been referring to the CS disc.
and it could be a disc release simultaneously with DLC.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I would okay with it being a new disc if they're planning on releasing the next parts of the story mode. I don't think I've ever been so eager for the story mode update of a fighting game before. lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm getting better. :D

I'm connecting more combos and pulling off frequent 3K/4K combos now, and Dead Spike midscreen is still *** online, but it's alright. Can't wait for the final changes to Ragna in CSX

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We should play, Kuraudo.
My connection is still *** though. :(

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So is mine. But this month I'm getting a massively updated internet plan. Optik internet networking.
You'll probably get much better at combos once you get better internet. :bee:

So...I just get Platinum today and she's strangely fun and randomly straight-forward. She might be fun to mess with later.
That's what I thought at first, but once you dig deeper there's really a lot to know.
Learning to combo with 22c alone is pretty complicated, and then you have to learn all of her item specific combos, how to pull them out during combos, how to use the item super during combos, etc

but all of that stuff is what has kept me interested in her, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll assume Siliconera jumped to conclusions since there isn't news on a disc release.
I really don't want a disc release anyways because of already buying all the DLC characters.

And I need to start playing BB again. I'm starting to miss it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
But Isn't there something wrong with your disc? :p or was that your ps3 in general?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, that sucks. :( Sorry...

Simultaneous dlc/disc release would be awesome, and it seems like something asw would do.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's what I thought at first, but once you dig deeper there's really a lot to know.
Learning to combo with 22c alone is pretty complicated, and then you have to learn all of her item specific combos, how to pull them out during combos, how to use the item super during combos, etc

but all of that stuff is what has kept me interested in her, lol.
This.

Platinum seems pretty simple at first, but once you start to dig deeper, she's really not. Like Spelt said, her 22C combos are really complicated, especially her midscreen ones. Her item combos can be crazy, and are a lot harder than they look. Plus, proration on a lot of her stuff isn't very good, so there's a lot of adjusting to that as well. My boyfriend is playing her at the moment, and he has, like, three different corner combos (not even item-specific ones), based on proration alone.

Also, you have to be pretty decent at blocking and dealing with pressure or you'll just get blown up.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I love when a Platinum rides the heartning in blockstrings, free combo. :)

But if they're not stupid then I have some trouble with that matchup, I haven't fully understood it yet. :urg:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This.

Platinum seems pretty simple at first, but once you start to dig deeper, she's really not. Like Spelt said, her 22C combos are really complicated, especially her midscreen ones. Her item combos can be crazy, and are a lot harder than they look. Plus, proration on a lot of her stuff isn't very good, so there's a lot of adjusting to that as well. My boyfriend is playing her at the moment, and he has, like, three different corner combos (not even item-specific ones), based on proration alone.

Also, you have to be pretty decent at blocking and dealing with pressure or you'll just get blown up.
Yeah, her corner combos are ridiculous. I still have trouble landing 6c > 22c consistently. And it's unusually difficult to combo into her spinny super, lol. If I do it from 3c I'm most likely sacrificing a lot of damage and it never hits after 5c.

I love when a Platinum rides the heartning in blockstrings, free combo. :)

But if they're not stupid then I have some trouble with that matchup, I haven't fully understood it yet. :urg:
Using the surfboard thing without 50 heat is a terrible idea. :p
When I fight platinums online most of the time i can just sit there until they run at me with a surfboard and then I get a nasty FC combo on them.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Platinum combos weren't too difficult for me. Once I got the timing down, it felt natural.
I'm really terrible at them online though.

I actually do think that Platinum is somewhat straight forward, but so are a lot of characters.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I feel like Platinum is pretty straight-forward if you want her to be. She's only as deep as how much you're willing to invest imo. Which is probably true of quite a few characters in BB, but not all of them.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
:c

I wish I had bb for the ps3 ;_;

anyone interested in doing a 360 one too, maybe?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, it's the thought that counts. ;~;

There's so many people with the PS3 version that I wanna play against. :(

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Unlimiteds are dumb. :bee:

So, about that Light House game night. If anyone's interested, I'll host a BB one for PS3 on Wednesday night. I was thinking 7pm EST. Here's a link to the thread if you want more info: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309991
Cool, I'd be up for that. Though...I'd have to take off for an hour at 8, lol. Come to think of it, would have to do that every Wednesday. Big Brother season finishing, Survivor season starting. :bee:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I like how 2nd post has "Blazblue: Calamity Trigger"

Doesn't look like I can join in on the CT fun \o/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Despite hating CT, I'd be so in just for the better (?) online and godlike Rachel if we were really playing that. lol
I'll join in on the next PS3 get-together if my brother lends me his PS3.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll definitely try to be there Wednesday.

Get my NES postbit that I can't see from my phone. :D

Top Bottom