• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Jubei appears at 1:00 in that video, Jubei confirmed for secret new character

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Lambda -
Guard Primer Count - Changed to 4
2C - Added head invincibility
3C - Can no longer emergency tech on counter hit
2nd hit of 2D, 4D - Added revolver actions to 4B, 6C(only for 2D)
2C head invincibility is pretty cool and 3C getting more untechability is very useful. I'm also liking the gatlings to 4B and 6C now that I know how they work better.

But 4 guard primers? :urg: Mori, Lambda is pretty balanced right now, you can stop nerfing her. I mean, I guess Valkenhayn has the same health with 4 primers and Tao and Carl have lower health and fewer primers and they're all pretty decent, but still.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Am I the only one confused by what ASW is trying to accomplish?

They spend 2 balances making the game more offensive, and now they're buffing defensive options.

They spent the first loketest buffing zoners and zoning options and now they're making everything projectile invincible.

They tried to make bursts more punishable during the first loketest and now they're making them safer...

I have no idea what's going on anymore. @_@

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah i'm really not sure why that decision was made either...

She already has absolutely nothing besides CA to reliably get her out of pressure, and now they're not only lowering her amount of primers but they're making it so her only decent anti-pressure tool gets rid of them even further.

:/

Oh well.
I guess we'll just see how it pans out in the end.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Tao is in the same situation and has to fight close range. I have no problem with them making Lambda and Mu more fragile.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Lambda and Mu should have four primers imo. I'm okay with it.

Still don't know why Noel has four primers though, when Makoto and Tsubaki have five. That's just silly.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Noel is a pretty weak fighter, it makes sense story wise imo.

Gameplay wise she doesn't need any buffs and she has average health, four primers is fine imo.

Just be glad she doesn't have Tao/Carl health.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
"22B and 22C same move prorate, it's not possible man, game over, game over."
-LunaKage

uhhhhh

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'll believe it when or if I see it, that's about all I've got to say. Even if Kage's awesome, he and a bunch of other people are being all overly cynical and giving up when they're like a 3rd of the way through all the loketests, changes and stuff AND when stuff from the initial bit have already been reversed.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll believe it when or if I see it, that's about all I've got to say. Even if Kage's awesome, he and a bunch of other people are being all overly cynical and giving up when they're like a 3rd of the way through all the loketests, changes and stuff AND when stuff from the initial bit have already been reversed.
You sure had a change of heart, Livewire :laugh:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that Noel doesn't need more primers... Story wise she should get like 2 lolol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
But as the female lead shouldn't she get 5? lol

And I dunno Minato. I still think a bunch of the stuff that I've heard about would be total BS if it was left in, but a couple of the things are alright, and it's so far from being released here, that there's ample time for changes. As I said on Dustloop, I expect Noel on CSX to be treated the same as Litchi on CS2: Everyone freaking out that she's absolutely awful and a terrible shell of her former self and having her start at B-, then tricks getting discovered a couple of weeks/a month later and her sticking at the A/A- range at the end of the day.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Main characters can be weak, especially if it fits their personality.
Plus, there isn't really one main character.
Everybody besides like Tao, Bang, and Carl, have a pretty important part in the story.
If anything i'd probably put Rachel higher up on the important list because at this point she's basically pulling the strings.

The only thing I'm certain about CSX (is that what we're calling it?) is that it's gonna take awhile to get used to ... again.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Bang is going to be important, he has Nox Nyctores and we are going to Ikaruga in the next game so I expect him to do more then.

Carl is related to Relius.

And Tao is now Ragna's best friend. :3

All the characters are important or will be really.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think Bang or Tao will ever be important. :p

Bang was meant to be the joke character from the very beginning, and Tao seems to just be there for comic relief.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm not sure what to think about Hazama's 236C change.

Making it fully throw invulnerable instead of partially invulnerable to everything is an odd choice. I didn't use it that much, but this really feels like they just gave us another way to **** Tager.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see how that would evolve into a serious role in the plotline. :dizzy:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm not gonna judge.

I also find even playing against Bang really obnoxious. He yells all the time. I can't use him as a training dummy ever. And even if I try to do challenge mode, I just get annoyed with Bang and his stupid voice.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Bang hate makes me sad. :(

No, not really. It's cool, I can understand it.

I hate Noel.

But meh.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bang is only obnoxious to use as a training dummy for me when you make him jump.

HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.
HUH.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
A grappler that's the biggest and slowest character in the game with the worst overall damage output.
Nice one, ASW.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't want Tager to be good, that would be the worst thing ever. He should be almost completely redisigned if they want to make him not crap.

I like his Vash glasses though, those are cool.

Edit: I don't like this post, it's moreso that I don't want a top tier Tager. I was over reacting. :urg:

It would be fine if they can make him not crap and not godlike, but it would still be an annoying matchup. I still would like to see him get redisigned.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Uh...I don't hate Noel. I hate what she's gone through to get her good and viable in CS2, but I don't hate her. Hell, I don't even hate Carl, Litchi, or Arakune. Just fighting them, lol.

Top Bottom