• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Arcsys is the michael phelps of traps.

this joke makes no sense but i'm posting it anyway.
-rebel-

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
TK Alpha Blade FRC is so fun to practice, fly all the way across the screen. :D

So, I'm kind of ready to see some blue rapid cancels in BB. There has been more RCs in CS2's combos than the games before it and I think that's going to increase as we get more rebalancing.

Adding a mechanic like FRC in the next game would be a good thing if they keep going in the direction that they are now imo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
This Guilty Gear talk is making me wish I'd honed my Millia. Or that I knew more about playing Faust. Good lord, Faust is probably the most fun character I've ever played in a fighter.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Now that I have a stick that works with my GG, I kinda want to see if I can play A.B.A again. I don't know if I have that much time on my hands though.

Maybe I'll just get cracking on my Baiken. :I

Crusayer

Smash Lord
For makoto players: Do you know any tips on how to get the 214A~D cross up set up? I keep missing the 6A 6B connect at the end. I typically buffer a forward dash into the corner to delay the timing and adjust the height but it's still too early. Should I try to delay the 214A~D or the dash, or should I even dash at all?

Combo reference: Regular drive combo off 2a or w/e -> 2366A~D 214A~D 6A 6B 214A~B

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
For makoto players: Do you know any tips on how to get the 214A~D cross up set up? I keep missing the 6A 6B connect at the end. I typically buffer a forward dash into the corner to delay the timing and adjust the height but it's still too early. Should I try to delay the 214A~D or the dash, or should I even dash at all?

Combo reference: Regular drive combo off 2a or w/e -> 2366A~D 214A~D 6A 6B 214A~B
the only way i know to continue a combo after 214A~D is to dash backward and then 6A 5D.honestly im not sure if i could undertand what you want to know.sometimes i have language problems sometimes,but i hope this help.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
More loketest stuff.

[COLLAPSE="Stuff"]System:

Burst
-No longer has the 25% heat mechanic
-While bursting, the burst is invincible to all other attacks (I assume this means projectiles, as projectiles used to clash with bursts)
-Green bursts has faster startup

Barrier Guard
-(in a nutshell) Using Barrier to block stuff costs more meter
-Barrier gauge usage when only 1 primer left has been lowered
-Other Mechanics are the same

Counter Assault
-Aside from characters who already could, now all characters can follow up from a Counter Assault
-Using a counter assault permanently reduces your Guard Primers by 1

Throws
-All characters(?) can follow up a throw midscreen now

A attacks
-All characters with self-gatling A attacks can only do it up to 3 times now. If there were limits before, they are still in place (like Taokaka A, which was 2)

Grounded, Jump As
-All characters(?) are evenly 300 (I assume this means damage, but it could be something else)

Ragna
+Hell's fang has less recovery

Jin
+2C now gatlings into 6B
+2C has head attribute inv
+2D hits higher, it's now easy to follow up from 6C
+Now holdable, the last hit of Sekkajin has more untechable time
+641236C now has 25% minimum damage

Noel
+The Chain Revolver Starter attacks can now be canceled into specials (5D -> optic, but not 5D -> 6C -> optic)
+Flash Haida (2BBBBBBBBB) now holdable
+Revolver blast damage up, if you RC you get another jump

Taokaka
+2B gatlings into 5B
+Triangle flight pattern shortened (They used a coloquial name for it, but I assume it's Cat Jump)

Tager
+5B Jump Cancelable
+3C Special Cancelable, Air Untechable Time Up
+Spark Bolt has more untechable time
+Atomic Collider has more untechable time
-Atomic Collider now has harsh repreat prorate (40% not enough?)
-B sledge has more recovery
-3C now emergency techable

Arakune
+6B now gatlings into 6D
+When you make a cloud, if you remake the cloud, you won't get the exact same one
-Airthrow has less untechable time

Litchi
+Staffless attacks have less hitstop
+Staff 2B now gatlings into 6C and 3C
+Staff JD has less landing recovery, usable in oki
+Staffless 6A now knocks down (similar to the other overhead changes, I believe)

Rachel
+That whole business with j2c now reverted
+6C deals more damage per hit

Bang
-TK D nails has upward momentum now

Carl
+Sister attacks cost less meter, gauge recovery is faster
+Forward Step has more range, now cancelable earlier
+On airhit, it's easier to get all the hits of Fucco
-Using the sister multiple times in a row costs more meter
-3D groundbounces (wat)

Hakumen
+Gauge cooldown penalty time reduced by half
+J.B has more untechable time, combos into j2A
-Shippu comes out faster, but deals less damage

Lambda
+2C has head attribute inv
+3C can be followed up on counterhit
-Now only has 4 Guard Primers

Tsubaki
+j236D can be followed up more easily, 22X can hit after it
+Install "power" improved, proration has been improved
-5D can only charge up to 1 Meter, 2D can only charge up to 3 Meters (per press, I assume)

Hazama
+D follow-ups are easier to follow up with attacks (I assume the flight recovery is down, meaning he recovers faster and pushes buttons faster while flying)
+6B now knocks down on airhit like the other overheads, can also combo on CH
-236C now only throw invincible
-236236B Gauge Cooldown increased

Mu
+j.B now has a longer hitbox
-Only Level 3 Furu no Tsurugi removes guard primers (not sure about this one)
-Now has 4 Guard Primers

Makoto
+Level 3 5D now comes out faster
+Lunatic Upper now has more air hit untechable time
+Mars Chopper has better proration

Valkenhayn
+Wolf 5B now has head invul up until the hit
-j236B (Moonlitch, I forgot the motion) is now air blockable without barrier

Platinum
+j.C now has no landing recovery
+Air Persia now has projectile invincibility during the pogo movement
+Cure Dot Typhoon has better proration [/COLLAPSE]
Apparently going to be three days. Take all with a grain of salt.

I like that they removed meter for bursts, I'd rather have none than gain on green burst.

I also like the lose a primer for counter assault, making it a little more costly.

Two different translations for counter assault follow ups.
[COLLAPSE="Stuff"]Counter assault - Most characters can no longer follow up on a successful CA. Some characters like Arakune are an exception to this. Using a CA reduces your max primer count by 1 (for only that round). It's a useful tool for turning the flow of the match, but using it too much increases the danger of being guard crushed.[/COLLAPSE]

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I wish I could have translated some of it, but my Japanese is pretty crappy. :urg:

Xie on the Dustloop translated it, Hakimiru has the second translation for counter assaults.

All of it stacks on top of the last loketest obviously.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Nice to see they're listening to the community. Easier Haida loop, awesome. Not being able to mash 5A is very interesting.

Rachel
+That whole business with j2c now reverted
lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm loving that you can just hold B to get the gunshots going like they're doing with Lambda's 5C. And I'm liking they found a medium on the Chain Revolver stuff, the random Revolver Blast thing, and yeah... Curious though, any word on whether Hazama's JC will be holdable for the hits?

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
I'm loving that you can just hold B to get the gunshots going like they're doing with Lambda's 5C. And I'm liking they found a medium on the Chain Revolver stuff, the random Revolver Blast thing, and yeah... Curious though, any word on whether Hazama's JC will be holdable for the hits?
i agree with you.my life will be a little easier just holding c.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So if this counter assault = lose a primer thing stays then I'm going to have to learn to never get caught in pressure with Tao, one burst plus one CA equals one primer. :D

At least I may have a couple more four primer friends. :3

Still far better than libra imo.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If primer loss from bursting is rounded down, does that mean you could have zero primers?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like tater might be somewhat good this time.

Lol yeah right.

more/different changes:

[collapse=dustloop]
3 day loctest, it'll be completely offline without using NESiCA.

Change list from pictures (noted as only a partial list and not everything)

System changes:
Burst - 25% heat gauge bonus on hit and guard from previous test removed.
- Compared to current versiion, both green and gold bursts have slightly reduced active and invincibility frames, and are now completely invulnerable to all non-burst attacks. Startup for green bursts have been slightly sped up.
- Overall utility hasn't changed much, but green bursting is now easier to use than in the current version.

Barrier guard - has been changed the most (knockback, gauge recovery speed, etc)
- Now an even better defensive option, but the gauge depletion rate has been increased, so you'll run out if you depend on it too much.
- Barriering used to add a fixed amount of knockback in CS2; that has been changed to now be affected by attack level and guard type.
- In a nutshell, knockback goes up in increasing order like [IB<Barrier<IB Barrier], and is even larger when used in the air compared to on the ground.

- Additionally, barrier guarding an opponent's attack consumes more gauge than before, and it takes longer for the barrier guage to start recovering after use.
- However, barrier guarding a primer-breaking move while at 1 primer consumes less gauge than in our current version.

Counter assault - Most characters can no longer follow up on a successful CA. Some characters like Arakune are an exception to this. Using a CA reduces your max primer count by 1 (for only that round). It's a useful tool for turning the flow of the match, but using it too much increases the danger of being guard crushed.

Throw - Throws have been altered so that the whole cast can follow up after them even from midscreen. Depending on the character, following up after with a dash or special cancel may be possible. Compared to the current version, it's usefulness as a midscreen damage source has been improved.

6A, 2A - Characters that could chain this now have a max limit of 3 chained hits.
- Compared to the current version, this makes it easier for the person on defense to predict the attack timing. Characters that currently have a chain limit of under 3 are unchanged (ex. Bang's 2A, etc)

Ground, Air A attacks - Damage changed to 300.
- This change raises overall air to air and close range damage.

Character specific changes 1 (*only a partial list)

Ragna -
6B - Can no longer emergency tech on air hit. Knockback decreased
Hellsfang->followup - Hitstun slightly reduced, made easier to oki after hit.
Bloodkain - Longer heat cooldown after use. However, since throw is now cancelable, there are more places to use it.
Carnage Scissors - Projectile invulnerable during the dash. Can be used as an anti-projectile.

Jin -
2C - Revolver action changed: route to 5C removed, route to 6B added. Hitbox area straight above Jin has been enlarged, and it is now head invulnerable during the attack.
2D - Vertical hitbox improved, easier to hit with after 6C
Sekkajin - Multi-hit portion now comes out even with holding the button. When charged, air untechable time increased.
Touga Hyojin - Min damage increased from 20% to 25%

Noel -
Various chain revolver moves - Only the starting one is special cancelable. Chain revolver followups and enders are not special cancelable.
B, C Flash Haida(sp?)(labeled as "Silencer" in movelist) - Repeat proration added to starting hit. Can now holding the button for following hits.
Assault through - Wallbounds on counterhit, allowing followups even from midscreen.
Revolver Blast - Damage increased. Jump action resets when rapid canceled.

Rachel -
j2C - Can now special cancel in the air on hit. Normal and special cancelable on block after landing.
6B - Wallbounds on counter hit. Using wind after wallbound allows for easy followup.
6C - Damage increased for using wind to land multiple hits.
2C - P1 proration weakened, decreasing combo damage from counter hit.

Taokaka -
2B - Added revolver action to 5B
6C - Faster startup, now combos from a 5C/2C hit on a crounching opponent
C Neko Makyuu (C Kitty Litter Special - Ball) - Startup slightly sped up, now removes 1 guard primer
Tao Pitan ("Imma Beat The Crap Outta You" according to frame data >w>) - Leap distance decreased, now only covers roughly half-screen

Tager -
5B - Attack level increased, now jump cancelable
3C - Changed to be emergency techable, but can now be special canceled. Air untechable time has also been greatly increased
Spark Bolt - Bounce on wallbound decreased, P1 proration slightly weakened. However, air untechable time is greatly increased.
B Sledgehammer - Now roughly neutral on block, but can be charged, making it harder to IB.
Atomic Collider - Big change in proration, repeat proration added. However, untechable time has been increased.

Litchi -
Staffless Attacks - Hitstun reduced, attack chain sped up
2B with staff - Added revolver action to 6C, 3C
jD with staff - Landing recovery time shortened, making it easier to attack after
Staffless 6A - Can't emergency tech on air hit
Ground Sangenkyaku-Chun(followup vers.) (Three Dragons: Red) - Blowback changed to throw the opponent a large distance sideways

Arakune -
Air Grab - Untechable time decreased
6B - Revolver action to 6D added for both normal and followup versions
jC - Moves in lever direction on hit
Zero Vector - Hit zone expanded. Overwriting an old one with a new one will always generate a trajectory different from the old one.

Bang -
5D - Floats on normal hit
jD - P2 proration improved, now more useful in combos
Various Shuriken Moves (even though they're really nails >w>) - Knocks opponent towards the ground on hit. However, the opponent gets knocked upwards if hit by rising D nails.
C Shuriken - P2 proration weakened, hold time increased

Character specific changes 2 (*only a partial list)

Carl -
Nirvana - Overall gauge costs reduced. Gauge depeletion from repeated uses increased, and the amount of time before recovery starts slightly increased. To sum it up, it's now easier to use in combos but with a longer wait for gauge recovery.
Step (forward dash) - Improved utility, moves farther during the jump. Can now also cancel into normal attacks in the first 6 frames.
3D - Changed from force standing to ground bound
Con Fuoco - Float on air hit adjusted, making it easier to followup with a combo

Hakumen -
Heat Cooldown after Specials - Changed from 180 frames to 90 frames
jB - Air untechable time increased, can now j2A during the 2nd half of the move
Kishuu - Becomes head and body projectile invulnerable after a certain amount of frames
Yukikaze - Faster startup, easier to follow up on hit

Lambda -
Guard Primer Count - Changed to 4
2C - Added head invincibility
3C - Can no longer emergency tech on counter hit
2nd hit of 2D, 4D - Added revolver actions to 4B, 6C(only for 2D)

Tsubaki -
5D, 2D - 5D gauge fill rate sped up, max of 1 bar. 2D gauge fill rate changed to be slower at start, faster later on, with a max of 3 bars.
623C (I think) - Floats higher on hit
j236D (I think) - Can now act sooner after this move, making a j214 followup on hit easier
214214D (I think) - Usable in the air. While active, damage is increased and proration is improved

Hazama -
D Moves - Decreased blockstun. Hitstun when charged is slightly less than current version.
Drive Movements - Time until you can attack has been shortened
6B - Can followup after a ground counter hit. Emergency untechable on air hit.
Gasaishou - Invincibility halfway through the move changed to throw invulnerable from startup.
Jayoku Houtenjin - Cooldown time on hit increased

Mu -
Guard Primer Count - Changed to 4
jB - Hitbox stays out longer
j2C - Fatal counters
Furu no Tsurugi (Sword of Decimation) - Removes guard primers at level 3+
Ame no Habakiri (not sure which one this is) - Can be charged

Makoto -
5D - Startup on level 3 sped up. Untechable time slightly reduced compared to current version.
Lunatic Upper - Air untechable time slightly increased
Mars Chopper - Proration improved
Star Gazer - Can followup on hit
Shooting Star - Travels farther

Valkenhayn -
3C - Opponent can now emergency tech from it, but it's now special cancelable
Nacht Jager - Now knocks away horizontally on air hit. Hitstun on ground hit slightly increased.
Mondlicht - Now air blockable
5B in Wolf Form - Brief head invulnerability before active frames
Rasen Wolf - Costs slightly more Wolf gauge than in current version

Platinum -
Magical Weapons - Improved all around
5B - Zoning ability slightly improved
jC - Removed landing recovery
Air Persia - Projectile invulnerable during the hop
Cure Dot Typhoon - Proration adjusted, harder to tech out of even if used late in a combo
[/collapse]

aaaaaaaaand new logo:

looks pretty sick imo.

Top Bottom