• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm not gonna lie; using 5D to dodge attacks was one of my favorite things about Noel. It took a different skillset than anything else, and when you read someone well, the results were fun and like nothing else in the game.

At least, that's my opinion of it. Plenty of people will disagree, of course.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh. :p

Well then hopefully we hear news about more characters before then.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree!

But as long as they keep the lvl 2 top combos, i'm pretty content.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I know I'm going to sound like a complainer but, a couple of those Makoto changes were just unnecessary, and the same was said about the crazy amount of Platinum buffs. All the Noel changes make me sad, half of them (at least) are totally unnecessary (and partly unfounded), and it's just....ugh.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most of platinum's buffs have to do with her items which basically are all almost completely useless besides in combos, except for her bat and cat thing, which are just completely useless.

When I play platinum I just spam the item throw away thing until I get missiles or bombs.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know I'm going to sound like a complainer but, a couple of those Makoto changes were just unnecessary, and the same was said about the crazy amount of Platinum buffs. All the Noel changes make me sad, half of them (at least) are totally unnecessary (and partly unfounded), and it's just....ugh.
Platinum needed buffs. She wasn't bad, but she wasn't high tier material.

I do wonder who ASW is setting up to be the next top tier characters.
Rachel didn't get a lot of nerfs so I'm expecting her to stay around A tier, not top.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If only everyone was high tier, eh?

I just hope Ragna gets boosted back to his former top tier glory while maintaining that uniqueness in combos from CS2 and all.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
With everyone else around Rachel getting nerfs I wouldn't be surprised to see her rise to top tier, but idk, with the system mechanic changes it's kind of hard to tell what's going to happen.

I don't really want Rachel to be top tier, though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
As I think about it? Maybe the nerf to Ragna's Hell's Fang heat gain is counterbalanced by the fact that you gain 25 upon a successful green burst. Either way, Ragna's gonna be scarier than ever imo. A bit of a gamble using your burst for that extra 25 heat, but if it gives him access to Blood Kain even faster if he regains the momentum? All the more power to him to beast his way in.

So does anyone wanna make some predictions upon what the final changes will be in CSII+?

I'll start with the obvious, and I'm gonna try to not be biased. I'm not too sure about nerfs but I'll go with buffs.

Ragna,

better j.C for jumping in (confirmed at least for the first loketest)
Dash-cancellable Dead Spike upon hit confirm (upon defense hit would just be too broken now that I think about it)
C-Inferno Divider is now a Fatal Counter and the heel kick can be combo'd into with j.C to start up a combo.

Asides that? Not sure what else. Guess these are my wants but what I can see happening if they go the "buffing Ragna" route.

[EDIT]

... I hope to god that I'm not stupid on the C-Inferno Divider thing. I don't remember if that's a fatal or not already. I don't think it is. But still. lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
With everyone else around Rachel getting nerfs I wouldn't be surprised to see her rise to top tier, but idk, with the system mechanic changes it's kind of hard to tell what's going to happen.

I don't really want Rachel to be top tier, though.
Well, if she really is placed at top tier, at least she doesn't have a brain dead playstyle.

But I always get a feeling ASW is going to randomly put 2 overpowered characters like they usually do.
If not, that's a pretty tame top tier level.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think Makoto will still be fine. I'm okay with the changes being made.

I like that I (hopefully) don't have to relearn Rachel because she's hard enough as it is for me to stamp out the kinks. I keep on thinking she has a good jab and my rushdown with her needs work. She's an awful lot like SSFIV Seth.

I think Litchi is still going to be really good. Tao too. Oh, and it's impossible for Hazama to be bad. Can you name ONE person who uses chains that isn't high tier+?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, i'm afraid of there being the obligatory super overpowered characters again, too. :/

I REALLY don't want to have to deal with a top tier valk or platinum, lol.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Rachel:
- j. 2c: now also air cancelable on hit.

Oh my <3

- 6B: No longer jump-cancelable.

.... That sucks though. I don't care for the cat chair nerf, I never used it anyway.

Unfortunately I can't comprehend Litchi's changes at all, since I don't know the names of her moves ><.

:053:

Top Bottom