• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah. She's a very improvisational character, whereas I find myself being more setup-oriented. I dunno, she's really fun though. I may have to pick her back up again.

There are too many characters that I want to play in this game. ;-;

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I know what you mean Lythium, I'll probably want to play Relius when he is released and I kind of want to pick up Valkenhayn again.

That will put me at five characters, but that feels like a bit much imo. I wouldn't mind playing some other characters too.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Keep canceling any of your guarded hits with the drive until you get a hit confirm. I have no idea why that works so well, but it's a nice way to get charge with Tsubaki and pressure until you get the right mixup. I wouldn't cancel it at the very end of her standing combo though, since that's when people know they have the opportunity to punish.

And rapid cancel her 3CC whenever you can; just for the lulz.

<3 Tsubaki.
Justice is dumb. :glare:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Play Rachel. :D
I find Rachel to be very interesting, but I don't care much for the way she moves. I find it very awkward. I think if I understood her movement options better, I would be interested. Also, George. <3

I know what you mean Lythium, I'll probably want to play Relius when he is released and I kind of want to pick up Valkenhayn again.

That will put me at five characters, but that feels like a bit much imo. I wouldn't mind playing some other characters too.
I feel you. :(

I try to limit myself to two characters: main and sub. Any more than that is too much, and I feel like I can't improve as well. At the moment, I'm thinking of Noel, Mu, Tsubaki, and Lambda. Platinum is really cool too, but my boyfriends subs her. And we have this unwritten rule about not playing the same characters. Actually, that's not as many as I thought! Still, I'm getting kinda tired of feeling like I rely on Noel.

Keep canceling any of your guarded hits with the drive until you get a hit confirm. I have no idea why that works so well, but it's a nice way to get charge with Tsubaki and pressure until you get the right mixup. I wouldn't cancel it at the very end of her standing combo though, since that's when people know they have the opportunity to punish.

And rapid cancel her 3CC whenever you can; just for the lulz.

<3 Tsubaki.
Justice is dumb. :glare:
I find both of those pretty easy, actually. Tsubaki is really easy to pressure and get hitconfirms with. And I get more charge than a girl with her dad's credit card.

I rarely use 3C or 3CC. They're almost never worth it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find Rachel to be very interesting, but I don't care much for the way she moves. I find it very awkward. I think if I understood her movement options better, I would be interested. Also, George. <3
Yeah. :p

I think it's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it though. Basically what she does is just use wind to increase the speed/distance of her dashes, sometimes with pumpkin covering her entrance.

also:

And I get more charge than a girl with her dad's credit card.
This is amazing.

I may have to get rid of george to make room for this in my signature. :079:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I rarely use 3C or 3CC. They're almost never worth it.
Nah, it's not worth using it out of nowhere since she has 6BB. But still, you can land it after a counterhit or if they're getting combo'd while in the crouching animation (at least, I know it works on Ragna. rofl). Being stylish is what really matters. :awesome:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Lythium. We should play. Even if our connection is shoddy. We've never gotten a chance to fight before and we've always said we would! Whenever. Or something.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah. :p

I think it's pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it though. Basically what she does is just use wind to increase the speed/distance of her dashes, sometimes with pumpkin covering her entrance.
Makes sense. I sort of understand her gameplan, but then when I try to make her do stuff, bad things happen. And it makes me sadface.

This is amazing.

I may have to get rid of george to make room for this in my signature. :079:
Oh, jeez. :embarrass:

Nah, it's not worth using it out of nowhere since she has 6BB. But still, you can land it after a counterhit or if they're getting combo'd while in the crouching animation (at least, I know it works on Ragna. rofl). Being stylish is what really matters. :awesome:
Haha, true.

But if I want to be stylish for 50 heat, I'd rather do an install combo. :awesome:

Lythium. We should play. Even if our connection is shoddy. We've never gotten a chance to fight before and we've always said we would! Whenever. Or something.
Sure, maybe sometime tomorrow? I'm at my brother's place right now, and it has devolved into trying to play Megaman 9 on a stick.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Rachel is a pretty complex character and takes quite a bit to learn, unfortunately. :c

Even just trying to convert my rachel from cs1 rachel took some time...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That makes sense.

I like that Rachel is such an interesting and complex character. Her drive is a really cool mechanic. I just can't get the hang of her. Oh, well. :ohwell:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Does anyone want to play blaz right now? >_> <_<

EDIT: Oh. System update. Well that's gonna take at least like 5 minutes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Does anyone want to play blaz right now? >_> <_<
I'm actually on right now and it seems to be working fine at the moment.
I can get some games in.

Edit: NVM, I had to reDL the DLC characters and now the game stopped running.
I'll let you know once it starts running again if it ever does. *sigh*

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I assume cakeh was a friend of yours Lythium? Haha. Good platinum >_<

I didn't even land a single full combo that session QQ.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh. I guess I should've made a private room...? Oh well haha. At least I played against a platinum now :V

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I had my first successful full combo on a player online a few days ago. 4,500+ combo with Ragna, forget how it went since I was in auto-pilot mode but with no heat or anything. felt good man.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
XBL or PSN? I'm good for either or.

[EDIT]

omg. I just realized I'm the only Ragna-exclusive player in our SWF group listed, both in XBL and PSN. I dunno whether to be proud of that or sad that I'm not learning other characters. XD

The one and only Bloodedge ftw.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alright! I'm heading on now.

[EDIT]

I'm sorry, family stuff came up, wanting me to spend time with them, all that whatever stuff. Maybe some other time.

Top Bottom