• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Aww, thanks! Your Makoto is also very good. And I have mad respect that you can adapt to pulling off those combos online. :3c

We have some good matches, you and I. And I try really hard not to mash drive online. :V

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Aww, thanks! Your Makoto is also very good. And I have mad respect that you can adapt to pulling off those combos online. :3c

We have some good matches, you and I. And I try really hard not to mash drive online. :V
Yeah, I thought the same facing Crusayer. As for drive mashing online? I try not to either, but it's so tempting sometimes.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I know, but there's always the "hey, it gets me an online win!" bit that's hard to resist, like I said. Because sometimes, well, winning however what way is more tempting than 'not winning but getting better'.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know, but there's always the "hey, it gets me an online win!" bit that's hard to resist, like I said. Because sometimes, well, winning however what way is more tempting than 'not winning but getting better'.
Haha, maybe? I don't know, I don't get a lot of joy out of winning online, to be honest. Actually, whenever I play online, I'm always frustrated because I'd much rather be playing my opponent offline.

And in my opinion, if you feel that way, you should play against better opponents. Playing against better people makes you better, and makes you want to get better. I'm not saying that winning isn't tempting, but personally, I'd rather worry about getting better than winning. If you get better at the game, winning will follow anyway.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Online is pretty much all I have right now, but I've been getting annoyed lately not blocking things I know I blocked.

I never take it too seriously though. I'm always trying some new random things with varying amounts of success, or going for the Astral.

Except Bang's, freaking j.6321463214 motion. :mad088:

Oh, and apparently purple throws > green throws against me now online. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sometimes I'll take advantage by abusing something that works in lag like mixups in Marvel, but those actually work offline too. It's just that they're better online. But I really do aim for getting better in the end instead of an easy win(even if it may cost me the match). I'll try to aim for offline combos instead of easy ones. And if my opponent did something really really stupid and random like a hail mary random super, I even give them pity and let it slide so they remember how stupid that was. XD

The more matches you focus on actually trying to improve, the less matches you have to grind out, imo.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I rarely get to play people offline in BB (everyone here completely forgot about it when MvC3 came out) so online is pretty much all I have most of the time.

My main goal is to try to get better, because there's still a lot of really dumb online tactics that get to me, and I should be handling them better.

Sometimes I wonder how many more matches I would win if I started ending combos with grabs and constantly mashing on wake-up. I feel like my PSR is much lower than it really should be, partly because there's so many people who just spam the scrubbiest tactic and win because most people online can't handle them, and also because I feel i've gotten significantly better at this game since CS first came out, but I still have to deal with the hundreds of losses I already acquired more than a year ago. Partly another reason why I wouldn't mind a disc release for CSE.

/whine :(

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know what you mean. :I

So, I found a Noel player that I really like. His name is R-2. Very different from R-1. More my style imo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Any relation to R-3? :bee:

Also yeah, getting better's my ideal goal, but I don't have many people around me to play Blazblue with offline, so 90% of the time, online is all I have. But what can you do?

And hey, I guess I should point out I got 4th in the tournament I went to today. Mind you, only like 10 people were playing Blazblue, but hey, top 4's top 4.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've never seen any videos of R-2.

Was watching a BB stream earlier. Apparently 2GBCombo switched to makoto.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol.
I saw him playing Makoto during the tournament.
Unless the name was mislabeled...

Nope, he's definitely switched to makoto.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Wow, your character goes from D to S tier and switch to a better character? That's weird.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Japanese Taos only show me how badly I play Tao. :urg:

I don't have enough shenanigans going on.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
If i remember right the commentators were saying that 2GB doesnt like how Noel's risk/reward works in CS2 and is tryin Makoto , but from what I saw he used more Noel then makoto (actually i only saw him use makoto like twice but then again i caught on towards the end of the stream so i dont know about his use of makoto through out the rest of the tourney)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I really like how patient R-2 is. It's nice.

edit: Got ninja'd. :p

edit2: Noel and Makoto have very similar risk/reward, so that's kinda silly imo.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I watched the finals.
losers finals was him vs james xie and first game he went makoto and got bodied and second game he CP'd noel and got bodied again, lol.

The commentators were talking about how he didn't feel like he earned his placing at evo with noel.

I really like his makoto though. He used parry really well. I think a lot of Makotos completely forget parry exists and it makes me sad. :( If I played Makoto i'd spam that ****.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I dunno, I never thought 2GB was a bad Noel player. Maybe he thinks he is though?
I always thought he was a really good Noel player actually. And, truth be told, whenever DS Moove places higher than him I always feel slightly disappointed since I've always viewed 2GB to be better than DS Moove, and it bummed me out a bit in EVO when out of the Tokido/DSMoove/2GB Noel trio, he was the first one out. I dunno, maybe it's just because he's awesome on commentary and the dude just seems so hype all the time. Like, it's nothing at all against DS Moove or his Noel, it's just 2GB seems to look like he knows more trickier/difficult things and has a bit more knowledge, while DS Moove seems to be more cautious and more of a 'play it safe' player compared to him.

Of course, then you get Noel players like me that have a tendency to try and be unpredictable and wind up running out of ways to be unpredictable relatively quickly.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, Noel is supposed to be unpredictable and random. :3

But basically, what you're saying is, DS Moove is less fun to watch.

That IS actually one of the most common complaints people tend to have about him. In my case though, it's just because I feel I learn less watching DS than 2GB. And well, there's a right and a wrong way to be unpredictable. :bee:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought 2GB was good.

I mean, obviously I have a super bias against noel but his fundamentals were nice. Rarely ever dropped combos, hitconfirmed off of almost everything, etc.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, yes. But that goes without saying. :3

And you probably don't really learn anything watching DS Moove; I know I don't. But he has good fundamentals, and while that's not necessarily interesting to watch, it's important to winning. Which is probably why DS Moove wins more than 2GB. I think 2GB doesn't have particularly good spacing, and his blocking is just okay imo.

edit: Got ninja'd because distracted.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, if you can block well you can take on the world.

I was fighting this one noel about a week ago and I literally could not hit her at all. They saw through my mixups, crossups, even my super tricky resets I only pull out for special occasions. I was like "Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn."

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man, if you can block well you can take on the world.

I was fighting this one noel about a week ago and I literally could not hit her at all. They saw through my mixups, crossups, even my super tricky resets I only pull out for special occasions. I was like "Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn."
Haha, I really hate when that happens. When nothing works, I just feel helpless.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah. :(
When I fought them again I ended up just zoning the entire match and trying to get her to come to me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I like how 2GB sometimes throws out random Assualt Throughs. Assaults Though. Assaults Throughs. Throughes.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I love the moments in a match when one person just stays in the corner for a good 10+ seconds from just pure corner pressure :D. I dunno why but my favorite thing about fighting games is the blockstrings. (Which is why I don't like SF I guess.)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I like how 2GB sometimes throws out random Assualt Throughs. Assaults Though. Assaults Throughs. Throughes.
Yeah, that's one thing I've tried to incorporate a lot. The whole "I can continue my combo for an extra 1k damage, or try the Assault Through for the shot at an additional 4k" thing is how I think of it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I love the moments in a match when one person just stays in the corner for a good 10+ seconds from just pure corner pressure :D. I dunno why but my favorite thing about fighting games is the blockstrings. (Which is why I don't like SF I guess.)
I dunno, SF4 has quite a bit of that due to frame traps. As for me, I enjoy mixups and footsies the most.

Top Bottom