• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Hakumen is top 5. I think he's viable but not top 5. Ragna is still derpy enough to be top 5 imo. Valkenhayn doesn't seem to be top 5 either to me honestly. He has lots of problems with getting zoned and gets outsped pretty easily. Lack of guard primers doesn't help him either.

For top 8 I'd say Litchi, Bang, Hazama, Tao, Ragna, Arakune, Hakumen, Carl in that order.

For bottom 5 I'd say Tager, Tsubaki, Rachel, Rachel, and Rachel in that order.

I was going to make a bottom 5 list earlier but I forgot that Rachel was a playable character in CS. Probably because she's so unplayable.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This from an MvC2 Magneto player, whose whole game is a boring *** infinite.
Ay, Arakune don't got dem mixups. When I play Ara in CS this is how the match goes.

I get ****ing ***** over and over again,

I get a curse

Fruit loops

ARAKUNE WIN

Top 5, if we're going by viability, imo,

Litchi, Bang, Hazama, Ragna, Arakune.
My 3 favorite characters are in there. lol

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
If the current Tager was top tier he would be more annoying to fight than Litchi could ever hope to be.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Don't like half of Tager's attacks now break primers?
imo that has done nothing to help tager. it's still a pain to get close to characters and keep them right next to you without them slipping away from ya (like throwing out dps, jumping, backdashing for some characters).

Yeah, but honestly, how would you fix Tager?

He's also bad from a design standpoint.
if question was for me i would say, give him better pressure and pokes, some better AAs cause the ones he has now are still ****. also i've been thinking about giving him a move that can magnetize opponents from full screen, similar to slide head but instead of knockdown causes stagger position and stunned for long as hakumen's full charged 6C FC.

but i know there's no way that's going to happen. *sigh*

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but honestly, how would you fix Tager?
You really can't in this game. Tager could start the game with 100 meter and his backdash could have 30 frames of invincibility afterwards and he would still do horribly against Lambda, Mu, Arakune, and other characters. Having such a large hitbox with such poor mobility is just a gigantic hindrance in a game like BlazBlue where everyone else has an airdash or something similar and can extend their combos against you.

also i've been thinking about giving him a move that can magnetize opponents from full screen,
Spark Bolt?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
He is that little boy who always cries for his Niisan :3
Wouldn't it be nee-chan (or san)? I don't think that Nirvana's a dude, lol.

Honestly, Tager's main problem is actually getting in. He ***** characters that HAVE to be close to do anything (see: noel), but people like Lambda **** him.

Can anyone else see Kokonoe giving him an "upgrade" in the storyline that makes him better in the game?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, Taokaka isnt top 5, I main her and she's not that good. Top 10 for sure though.

*leaves to lurk again*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Guys, Taokaka isnt top 5, I main her and she's not that good. Top 10 for sure though.

*leaves to lurk again*
I think she's top 5 in CS. Besides Litchi and Bang, it's hard to think of 3 other characters that are clearly better than her by a good margin.

And Z'z, we still need to play BBCS sometime.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
IMO Bang, Litchi, Arakune, Carl, Ragna, Hakumen, Valkenhayn, then Taokaka.

And I agree we should play, I just barely got a new PS3 as my otherone was broken. Now all I need is wifi >.>

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As I said in the MvC3 thread, I learned today what Bang's nail settings are for. I think I'll finally get into this game.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Dat Bang.

*leaves to lurk again*
I disagree, Tao is that good imo. She can completely control the momentum of the match, and god knows how important momentum is in this game.

I asked the Tao main in my scene what he thinks about CS1 Tao and this is what he said: "j.D~B is way too safe/fast/rewarding in CS1. It almost feels like cheating. Her risk-reward is really out there in general, almost nothing she does goes under 3.5k ever. She averages 4k off 5B, 5k off CH drives, and 7k off 6C, all meterless. Double air dashing makes certain air throw setups (for 4.5k meterless) really good. Her counter assault is way too good, if you do it during an opponent's high recovery move, you're getting a free 3.5-4k at least, that can kill somebody since it's evade-type. And of course, taunt loop."

CS1 Taokaka is ****ed up.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Tao has so much going for her. The taunt loop plus AB2 combos give amazing damage, she also has the best mobility in the game.

Her low damage and primers are a small issue with what she can do.
She is easily top 3.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's right *****, you better admit that you're wrong. :mad:

Jk. <3

I played online a bit last night, and after being put in the corner by a ragna and a Jin, I realized how much she sucks. :(
I thought the Noel matchup with them is close to even? Ragna's harder I think because you can't Haida Loop him as easily.

Though I do find facing those two somewhat hard online due to the lack of being able to IB their more obvious moves.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I thought the Noel matchup with them is close to even? Ragna's harder I think because you can't Haida Loop him as easily.

Though I do find facing those two somewhat hard online due to the lack of being able to IB their more obvious moves.
They're about even, I think. 55-45, if I remember correctly. Except everything Noel does, Jin does better. And Ragna builds derp meter. Haida loop always depends on height, but you can get three reps on Ragna, I think.

If you're playing online, they should just be walking into Noel's 5D, unless you're running into their DPs. :p

Top Bottom