• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's cool, GamingOttawa's still in it's infant stages and has only really been going as an entity since like November 2010 (and even then it was more of an idea). And I gotta get way better before I can justify making a trip further.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, of course. :3c

I'm probably done for now though. PROBABLY.

Does anyone know of any good American Noel players to watch? I think I've watched all of LunaKage's vids, so I need someone new.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Should I even bother with trying to learn some of the not as good Bnbs? The one I'm practicing only does like 2.7k (and I'm still not consistent with it -_-).

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I disagree with the Hazama and Hakumen match-up, but I understand.
Trust me on this. I practiced with Skeletal Minion all the time and I still play with my brother (X the Derp). Hakumen is a terrible matchup and I have to work very hard. His zoning is extremely powerful on Makoto because he has such good hitbox coverage on all of his moves and Makoto doesn't. I mean, yeah, I have a ton more options for midscreen combos since 214A~C~A is a combo, but I can't do anything about his blockstrings ("I lost 4 primers already?!") because of my terrible range on everything. The funny thing is, it all boils down to who has the life lead. I fly all over the place and Hakumen tries to keep up, Hakumen pokes me one time and I have to spend a decade trying to get in. The difference between his problems and my problems is that Makoto can't zone with a life lead and Hakumen will get in eventually if he wants. Also, my j.2C is totally unviable on him.

Hazama is fast.

Honestly though, out of all the top tiers, I have the easiest times on Bang and Hazama. The former, we have to respect each others' rushdown, the latter, we have to respect each others' maneuverability.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm playing noel. The combo is one I got off dustloop so I sorta assumed it'd be one of the more useful ones.

I'm just learning the combo off 5a and 2a (since I'm coming from melty \o/). Though in BB I'm getting the vibe the 5a starter isn't actually the most used BnB.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I hate to break it to you, but unfortunately it's hard to find good, long damaging combos with Noel. She's not really a super-damage character and doesn't have a jumping C that does 2000, nor does she have a 6000 damage Tager Buster either. Like, you can find some combos, but they're harder to do than some and you have to work for it sometimes. Needless to say, it can be done. Hell, R-1 always found a way.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I hate to break it to you, but unfortunately it's hard to find good, long damaging combos with Noel.
I really disagree with this statement. Her damage is way way high.
She just has sucky options at starting them.

Anyways, are we going to do some BB this weekend? I don't think I can do it tomorrow.
Sunday might be better.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So I was looking through Play-Asia's earthquake relief thing, and I saw a fightstick

and then holy **** the pricetag, is this thing worth that much money?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm not necessarily asking if there are big damage combos. I'm more like asking if the BnB i'm doing is pretty much the most applied one or if I should maybe focus on other starting hits.

Ex. Is the 5a hit confirm what I should be using most of the time? Or should I rather be looking for the 214, 5D, anti-air confirms instead?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Where was the bad news? He didn't say anything we didn't already know, and he didn't say there would never be another GG, just that BB is the focus now (which, again, we already knew).

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Isn't 2Gigabyte pretty good?
Hmm, I dunno. I'll have to check it out. Thanks! :3c

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it.

Whatever, Raz. I KNOW HOW TO BEAT YOU NOW. :3c

I really disagree with this statement. Her damage is way way high.
She just has sucky options at starting them.
So much truth. Especially if your opponent is crouching or in the corner. But 6B gets stuffed by everything, and 3C is stupidly unsafe.

I'm not necessarily asking if there are big damage combos. I'm more like asking if the BnB i'm doing is pretty much the most applied one or if I should maybe focus on other starting hits.

Ex. Is the 5a hit confirm what I should be using most of the time? Or should I rather be looking for the 214, 5D, anti-air confirms instead?
First, what's the BnB?

Second, what hits do you usually get in matches? Figure out what those are, then learn combos based on what hits you get. Then learn BnBs off of other moves, when you learn how to get those hits.

Third, you're not going to get huge combos off of the majority of Noel's normals. Her A moves are relatively fast, but they prorate badly. You want to pressure with Noel's normals and put your opponent into a position where they're going to guess wrong. You want to aim for getting her 6B or her 3C, both of which lead into very damaging combos, but are stupidly unsafe to throw out. 5A is one of the fastest moves in the game, so learn some pressure strings with that. 2A is really easy to tick-throw, and you can probably get at least 2.5k off of that.

Or hit them with 5D.

/noel is all stupid gimmicks

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I should also point out, that Hakumen, Arakune, and Litchi are all stupid insane with damage. Like, you can throw off 3 or 4 combos, then they come along and do MORE damage with ONE combo. It's...kinda depressing when it happens.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, I should also point out, that Hakumen, Arakune, and Litchi are all stupid insane with damage. Like, you can throw off 3 or 4 combos, then they come along and do MORE damage with ONE combo. It's...kinda depressing when it happens.
Well, to be fair, Hakumen and Arakune have specific criteria they have to meet before they can get great damage. Arakune's damage is meh until he gets curse, and if he's a good Arakune, then he shouldn't have too much of a problem. Hakumen's damage is subpar until he gets stars.

Litchi is bananas though. It's kind of annoying how much damage she gets off of one hit.

If I like Marvel vs. Capcom 3, how would I like this? I've been thinking of getting it for a while.
Depends. They're very different games. To be fair, they're both very momentum-based, so it might be your thing. Some people are turned off by its weird systems, long combos, and anime aesthetic.

I say try it before you buy it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well, I've also thought about going to New York, since my boyfriend also has family there.

Maybe someday. :3c
I'm actually going to New York this November as part of a band trip! ^_^

I've been there before, and it's a cool place. I would never want to live there, though, lol.

If I like Marvel vs. Capcom 3, how would I like this? I've been thinking of getting it for a while.
They're two completely different games, lol. Just try to find a cheap copy of the first game and try it out.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
First, what's the BnB?

Second, what hits do you usually get in matches? Figure out what those are, then learn combos based on what hits you get. Then learn BnBs off of other moves, when you learn how to get those hits.

Third, you're not going to get huge combos off of the majority of Noel's normals. Her A moves are relatively fast, but they prorate badly. You want to pressure with Noel's normals and put your opponent into a position where they're going to guess wrong. You want to aim for getting her 6B or her 3C, both of which lead into very damaging combos, but are stupidly unsafe to throw out. 5A is one of the fastest moves in the game, so learn some pressure strings with that. 2A is really easy to tick-throw, and you can probably get at least 2.5k off of that.

Or hit them with 5D.

/noel is all stupid gimmicks
-Standing-
5A 6A 6C j.D d.6D d.6B d.(5B) d.5C Bloom
2A 2B 6A 5C sj j.B j.C(n) j.B dj j.B j.236C

-Crouching-
(5A/2A) 5B 5C 3C 22BC 66C 5D d.6B (d.5B) d.5C j.D d.6C Bloom

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
First combo is good, but it's going to suffer from bad proration because of 5A > 6A. There's not much you can do about that, but it's still worth learning. Second combo is going to do no damage, because that is the nature of Noel's air combos. They just plain suck. Third combo seems fine, but it's still going to have bad proration depending on your starter. You can also start the third combo off of a CH 5C. It's one of Noel's best pokes, if I remember correctly.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Aww...I thought I had invented something with my 5A>6A>jA>jA>jD>d.5C>d.6B>Bloom combo that I managed to get working.

Oh well, at least I've got my 6B>2C>3C>22C>6C>22BC>D>d.5C>jD>d.6B>Bloom one working pretty consistently as well as another couple Bloom enders. I've been trying to experiment with some Spring Raid enders and with some stuff that I can tick an Optic Barrel on to the end of.

Though, I don't know if it's me, but I've found trying to play Jin again, that coming up with combos for him is difficult because he lacks a lot of launchers aside from 6C that I notice, and a bunch of other potential combos either require pinpoint RCing, or well, wind up being escapable vs cpu/human.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Girl on the left. New eventual character reveal?
She's from the BlazBlue novel. I guess it's possible for her to eventually be a character but I doubt it.
The author of the novel created the character so it's up to Mori if he wants her to make it in.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
She's from the BlazBlue novel. I guess it's possible for her to eventually be a character but I doubt it.
The author of the novel created the character so it's up to Mori if he wants her to make it in.

Cooooool, thanks. :3c

I'll have to get around to reading it at some point.

Top Bottom