• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've tried picking up Jin. His combos are fun but weird. I kept forgetting how to use him if I didn't play him for awhile, so I kinda just dropped him.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Jin is one of the characters that I wish I could play. His combos are really weird though, and some of it I find surprisingly difficult. 6C > dash cancel > j.C feels really weird. And sj.2C is really pushing the limits of my execution. :p

So, Noel it is!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah I saw that. Cool little idea. I'm looking forward to Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Snake Eater, and if they decide to release it, Tales of the Abyss.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah I saw that. Cool little idea. I'm looking forward to Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Snake Eater, and if they decide to release it, Tales of the Abyss.
Just as a side note: does it bother anyone else that a lot of the games we're looking forward to over the next few years are remakes or re-releases of old games? It's like this entire generation is "Here's how we would have done these great games if we had the technology at the time."

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just as a side note: does it bother anyone else that a lot of the games we're looking forward to over the next few years are remakes or re-releases of old games? It's like this entire generation is "Here's how we would have done these great games if we had the technology at the time."
It's been like that for awhile now, IMO. Gameboy Advance had a lot of ports and remakes. Same goes for PSP and DS.

The gaming industry's kinda changing. They don't have the time and money to make new games/IPs compared to doing remakes and ports where they know people will buy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That, and it seems like a LOT of games that come out these days don't have near the quality the oldies did.

There are exceptions, of course, but unlike the early gens, there's a lot of 3rd party **** on the market.

People are making good (or sometimes not) games that sell fast, rather than GREAT games that cost more to make.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Agreed, I noticed it with RPGs a while back that they just don't "feel" the same nowadays as they used to.

And side note, amusingly enough the one thing that I have the most trouble with when it comes to Makoto combos is timing D.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well, yeah. That's probably about the only thing you should have trouble with when it comes to Makoto combos.

Anyway, please add Valk to the characters that I play on the front page. I'm gonna start practicing again and I feel with Valk and Makoto I have team "I paid for them, I might as well use them."

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
You actually need timing on her midscreen rapid combo and her corner bnb is pretty strict on everyone not named Hakumen or Tager. It's annoyingly difficult on Bang and Litchi because they have such thin otg hitboxes.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Makoto's corner BnB with her D moves is pretty tricky, I hear. Three frame links or something like that? Could be worse, I guess. Could be one frame links, as in Ragna combos. Derp.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I never really looked up the difficulty of the combos, frame-wise, but it is indeed very tricky. Once you hit them with j.D, you have to do her 214B immediately, but delay the D until a point that I'm unable to specify then the same with 214C.

Yeah, I never could use Ragna, his execution is way too high for me.

Is there anything truly difficult in Blazblue though?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Probably not?

I dunno, Carl seems pretty hard imo. If I had godlike execution, I would do it. All the good Carl players have amazing execution, and I envy them. I would say that BlazBlue has some tricky links, I guess? Makoto's drive combos, Ragna's dash > 5B combos, Mu's j.2C > dash > 2B, Hakumen's zero-to-death mugen combo. But that's really niche stuff.

I dunno, I'm just rambling now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I enjoyed using Makoto when she was released. I don't use her online anymore since her Drive is too hard to use with lag. :(
I still play her offline every once in awhile.

I tried using Carl in CT before and failed miserably. His play style felt too complicated for me.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I never really looked up the difficulty of the combos, frame-wise, but it is indeed very tricky. Once you hit them with j.D, you have to do her 214B immediately, but delay the D until a point that I'm unable to specify then the same with 214C.

Yeah, I never could use Ragna, his execution is way too high for me.
Is there anything truly difficult in Blazblue though?
... really? Ragna is such a derp. His combos are silly easy. XD

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
D. Just D. I dare you. I double dare you.
Sure. Just remember, I have a brain and would be willing to time you out if necessary.

I enjoyed using Makoto when she was released. I don't use her online anymore since her Drive is too hard to use with lag. :(
I still play her offline every once in awhile.

I tried using Carl in CT before and failed miserably. His play style felt too complicated for me.

It's hard to learn ONE death combo?

Now his execution may hard :p.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's hard to learn ONE death combo?

Now his execution may hard :p.
I actually learned his throw loop. I just hated facing Rachel and Nu with him though.
Execution wasn't the real problem. I was just bad at spacing/positioning with him.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
There are exceptions, of course, but unlike the early gens, there's a lot of 3rd party **** on the market.
No, we just remember the good games and not the bad ones. Superman 64, anyone?

I hate when people claim that the "good ole days" didn't have a bunch of bad shovelware too.

Anyway, I'll be on later if anyone wants to play. I WAS going to play against Lythium, but she logged out literally a minute after I turned on my ps3. :(

Oh, and my ps3 will be on while I'm in the shower, so don't expect me to answer anything for a while.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
And I thought the AVGN would be enough to show people that it even the early gens had plenty of crap.

I'll play you Werekill, I don't think I have before.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Anyway, I'll be on later if anyone wants to play. I WAS going to play against Lythium, but she logged out literally a minute after I turned on my ps3. :(
I'm at work right now, so that was probably my boyfriend. He plays a mean Jin though, if you can convince him to go for online.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Good Games Werekill.

I feel like I played so poorly today. :/

Never had games take that long to synchronize before.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Good Games Werekill.

I feel like I played so poorly today. :/

Never had games take that long to synchronize before.
GGs. Don't worry; that's probably the worst that I've played in a long time. I mean, my lambda was absolute trash. XD

And yeah, that was weird, but the weirdest part was that our matches were still mostly lag-free.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay guys, I have a question:

I went through Blazblue Song Accord #1 and #2, and I couldn't find that damn song that I'm looking for. It plays during several parts of the Story/Arcade modes, the parts I significantly remember are when Taokaka eats Kokonoe's candy in her Professor Kokonoe segment in her story mode, and most, if not all the character's ending cutscenes after beating Hazama in Arcade mode.

Anyone know the song I'm talking about?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Any of you Xbox kids still on? I feel like some smackdown.

Edit: Starting up a room on XBL, add Razeik.

Edit2: GG's Chums. Pad johns. @_@

Top Bottom