• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sure, will do.

While I don't find Gucci as good or fun/interesting to watch as R-1, there's a double Fenrir in this match that made me smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxKGGvj47e8#t=9m52s

Also, I can't get used to seeing Bloom Trigger ground-sliding. It just doesn't look right.
Yeah, seeing it ground slide is a bit...odd. Not like "girl from the exorcist spinning her head 360 degrees" odd, but a little weird nonetheless.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
so i did hazama's 3k+ corner combo about 3 times in a row against some ragna player online today, he kept rolling out of the corner and i just read it with a 3c and proceeded with the ****

felt goooooooooood

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Think I may have to pick up Noel again for CS2 just because I like shooting people on the ground a whole lot.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm learning the most ridiculous counterhit combos for Mu right now. It's funny because it always looks like it's going to fall apart at the last second, but it doesn't. Feels good, man.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tsubaki's astral is one of the best reversals in the game. However, I found that out the hard way.

;-;

And probably, from the looks of it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Oh well, at least Tao will be able to share the 4k, unless Arcsys decides to do more balance patches. :3
It's going to suck if I start dieing in two combos though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Arakune must be the hardest character to balance. He's either end up terrible or godlike imo.

The issue I have with Makoto is that she hasn't really grown as a character. I'm not seeing anything new, and no one is really doing anything interesting with her. It's kinda disheartening, especially since there are so many people playing her now.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I would argue that Carl is harder to balance.

I agree about Makoto not really growing but I feel that way with all the characters. It's probably because I come from Guilty Gear but the characters in BB generally feel pretty limited. In GG you get meter a lot faster and there are several FRCs for each character which in turn gives you a lot more freedom to mix up and rush down.

For me, and I hope this isn't the case in CS2 but it probably will be, the only character I get excited to watch is Carl.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Carl has never been a problem to balance. Even when he had an infinite, he wasn't top tier.

But yeah, I agree with you about the FRCs.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
PSN or XBL?
Ah sorry PSN

Man, I feel like an idiot for not knowing Tsubaki's Astral had invincibility frames.
It really felt quite amazing when I beat a Jayoku with it the other day. :/

Should I be worried about CS2 Noel? Those 4k midscreen combo's scare me a bit.
*high fives* I beat baited and beat Jayoku with Bang's AH ^_^.

Arakune must be the hardest character to balance. He's either end up terrible or godlike imo.

The issue I have with Makoto is that she hasn't really grown as a character. I'm not seeing anything new, and no one is really doing anything interesting with her. It's kinda disheartening, especially since there are so many people playing her now.
Arakune is always really good every game wtf.

What would you do to innovate with Makoto really? Simple character really.

I would argue that Carl is harder to balance.

I agree about Makoto not really growing but I feel that way with all the characters. It's probably because I come from Guilty Gear but the characters in BB generally feel pretty limited. In GG you get meter a lot faster and there are several FRCs for each character which in turn gives you a lot more freedom to mix up and rush down.

For me, and I hope this isn't the case in CS2 but it probably will be, the only character I get excited to watch is Carl.
Actually, CS (and CS2 somewhat) meter gain may be faster than GG. You can gain meter in more ways in GG, but note the HUGE meter gain that comes from combos. We're talking 35-50% from one combo. One BnB combo.

Carl has never been a problem to balance. Even when he had an infinite, he wasn't top tier.

He was top tier in the end of CS2's lifespan. There really wasn't a reason for him not to be, even with the zoners dominating.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ah sorry PSN
Cool, I added you. :)

Arakune is always really good every game wtf.
Oh, I know it's true. But in every iteration of a rebalance, everyone thinks Arakune sucks, and then they're like, "Oh. Oh, I see." But yeah, my point was that Arakune will always be either really, really good. Or he could turn out really bad. But he never does. Funny.

What would you do to innovate with Makoto really? Simple character really.
But-but-but her drive is so cool! And Comet Cannon is so neat! And she has a parry!

I dunno, it doesn't really matter. It's just kinda disappointing, I guess. You know what I mean?

He was top tier in the end of CS2's lifespan. There really wasn't a reason for him not to be, even with the zoners dominating.
Ah, well, it's just a matter of semantics, but I always considered the zoners to be "top" tier, and Carl to be more like "high" tier. It doesn't really matter. He was and still is good, regardless of whatever we label him.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Maybe sometime soon we could organize a room or something with a bunch of us, and have a few matches?

I've been getting pretty rusty myself. And it would be nice to play some other people that aren't my boyfriend for a change.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
We should deff host online tournies biweekly or monthly and then make a ranking for swf members , that would be sooooo sweet.

we had a thing going the other night with derp and patriotic zero was mad cute <3

or weekly tournaments or weekend GROUP SESSIONS <3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I need to get a LAN Adapter so I can play this game at my dorm during the school semester with you guys. :(

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer

I equate the problem more towards having impossible matchups both for him and against him as opposed to overall ranking. And just because they've done a good job balancing him so far doesn't mean that it's not a difficult thing to do. You could say the same thing about Arakune not being a problem to balance because he's never been the best in the game yet.

Actually, CS (and CS2 somewhat) meter gain may be faster than GG. You can gain meter in more ways in GG, but note the HUGE meter gain that comes from combos. We're talking 35-50% from one combo. One BnB combo.
I'm really not sure why you're arguing this. The meter gain in any BB game is nowhere near what you gain in Guilty Gear. I suppose there are times when the meter gain could be faster (i.e. 2 turtles in GG compared to two rushdowners in BB) but for all practical comparisons it's not even close.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
The end of CS2's lifespan? I'm confused.

Anyway, I'm completely addicted to Starcraft 2, and I don't have time for Blazblue. I'm really gonna suck when I start playing again. :(
Yeah I messed that up ^_^.

I equate the problem more towards having impossible matchups both for him and against him as opposed to overall ranking. And just because they've done a good job balancing him so far doesn't mean that it's not a difficult thing to do. You could say the same thing about Arakune not being a problem to balance because he's never been the best in the game yet.

I'm really not sure why you're arguing this. The meter gain in any BB game is nowhere near what you gain in Guilty Gear. I suppose there are times when the meter gain could be faster (i.e. 2 turtles in GG compared to two rushdowners in BB) but for all practical comparisons it's not even close.
Ok, let's say we start a CS match, I'm Ragna or Litchi. I open right away and hit you with a bnb combo. That combo alone gets me about 45% meter, give or take about 5%. Does a meterless bnb give you that much in GG on its own?

It essentially depends on how the match plays out.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So what time should we be on? Also, who's starting the room? That way we're not all sitting there with open rooms inviting each other back and forth.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's probably good stuff to know. Also, I humorously forgot how bad the range on Makoto's throws are (that and what 'iad' refers to) since was playing against Sariku and the like, went THROUGH Lambda, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Not me, because I will probably have to sleep before anyone else (Atlantic timezone), and my menus are in Japanese, so I don't have a clue how to invite anyone or set up the room.

As far as time goes, anytime after seven is good for me, though I imagine most of you probably won't be on until eight or nine. My time, anyway.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'll start the room around 9:30 EST. Two rounds, winner stays, no unlimiteds, Final Destination

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Ok, let's say we start a CS match, I'm Ragna or Litchi. I open right away and hit you with a bnb combo. That combo alone gets me about 45% meter, give or take about 5%. Does a meterless bnb give you that much in GG on its own?

It essentially depends on how the match plays out.
I'll just say this for a short answer: Yes, it can.

Anyway, you're missing the point entirely from what I can see. I'm talking about the overall system of meter gain and use of the meter as well being much better in GG than in BB. You're basically focusing on one example and I don't even understand what your point is. So what if it is possible to get meter faster in BB sometimes? My point is also that there isn't as much to DO with your meter and that lowers the creative and offensive options a player has.

Top Bottom