• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
But the hose goes into his head, not where that handle is, so that can't be it.

Those videos are hillarious though "I feel a tingly sensation in my naughty bits" xD

I seriously need to know what that's for.

It's been bugging me for a while now.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Tager's a cyborg, so that's probably like his data monitoring antennae or something. Kokonoe has mentioned a couple times that she can measure stuff like blood pressure.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That tier list is insane. It's like BB is giving us a Christmas present. Though, only bad thing is it's come a bit after I've started experimenting with using Makoto and Jin, so now I'm going to look like a tierhog or tier....you know what. :glare:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Noel means Christmas in french
Yeah, I should have picked up on that.

That tier list is insane. It's like BB is giving us a Christmas present. Though, only bad thing is it's come a bit after I've started experimenting with using Makoto and Jin, so now I'm going to look like a tierhog or tier....you know what. :glare:
Dude, don't worry about looking like a tier *****. Seriously. If you don't want to be a tier *****, use Tager since he'll probably never be top tier at this rate.

I've said time and time again that the best way to pick a main is to find a character who best fits your playstyle. If Makoto or Jin fit your playstyle, keep playing them and ignore what everyone else says.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I literally never think of tiers when I select a character in video games.

I literally pick the most badass looking character usually, if that character is not to my liking, I pick the next most badass.

Hakumen/Arakune, Bison/Akuma, Heihachi/Yoshimitsu, Nightmare/Siegfried, Eddie/Slayer were all my chosen characters using this technique.

It just usually somehow works out that their play style always suits me well.

I think being comfortable using your character>>>>>>character choice itself.

Discuss I guess?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Merry Christmas everyone!
Do you guys have much problems with Hakumen or is it just my friends?
It's probably just your friends. I find him easy to get around with after a few matches with a Hakumen player in order to know his pattern.
Then again, everyone has their own personal worst matchup. Mine was Noel back in CT... lol
Platinum low tier? Why do the things I love become low tier? Oh well, doesn't bother me.
I'd say B's still pretty good. She's a solid character and she doesn't have huge weaknesses.
The only problem she has is that she doesn't have a huge damaging midscreen BnB at the moment. But that goes for a lot of the cast.

I think you're thinking too much about it. No one's going to care if you want to use characters that are looking to be pretty good.
And if they do care and complain, it's their fault for not learning the matchup.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The thing on Tager's neck is a small computer. They mention it in BBCT early on in the story. It provides useful information for him during his missions, and I believe it also feeds him new information sent by Kokonoe.

And that new tier list made me so excited. I'm so happy to see Tager at the bottom.
I can't wait to play this new game.

And Litchi! Litchi at the bottom! And Tao's not any better either!!

Merry Christmas to me!

Oh, and I'm with Raziek: I doubt Makoto is BETTER than Arakune, based on the videos I've seen. She is stupid good, though.

Oh, and I LOVE to fight Hakumen. Grabbing a Hakumen is one of the most satisfying things I can ever do in this game.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
From JBBS.

S++ - Makoto
S - Jin, Noel, Arakune
A - Rachel, Hazama, Tsubaki, Carl, Lambda
B - Hakumen, Platinum, Tao, Ragna, Valk, Mu
C - Litchi, Bang, Tager

Makoto is the new Nu!
Makoto is new Bang is more like it when you look at character playstyle and ease of entry.

Litchi from second best to third worst? Yup, Arc System balancing at its best.
From best rather. Bang had actual weaknesses :p, Litchi did not, and outside of Dnails and FRKZ, outclassed him.

Regardless it's still early in the games lifespan. I've never even played the game of course, but I'm surprised Tao isn't higher. Everything else outside of a certain thing looks expected though.

That thing....LOL TAGER. HURRDURR NOTIN BUT BUFFS FOR TWO GAMES STILL LOW TIER weeee. But if C is the worst, it's probably not so bad. My character is fun to play, but BB is still probably pretty bad sadly, but it def looks better.

Never thought I'd be so happy to see blue exclamation points in my life.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Makoto still has bad range, the main reason she's so good now is because everyone is in CS1 mode, where defense wasn't as important. Once they find the holes in her strings and resets, l2footies and barrier correctly, she won't be so much of a threat, she'll still be damn good, just not broken.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
First of all, come on guys, this list is the earliest of early tier lists. No need to overreact as it's certainly going to change.

Litchi doesn't have any weaknesses in CS? What game are you playing? Did you mean to say no bad matchups?

Sukai while there may be things that have yet to be discovered Makoto isn't so much different than her previous version as far as I can tell. The Japanese scene is exceptionally good at finding holes, barrier guarding and the like. You make it sound like they've never played with her before.

Anyway I think the consensus for right now is like Bang tier in CS. Not broken, but darn good.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Sukai while there may be things that have yet to be discovered Makoto isn't so much different than her previous version as far as I can tell. The Japanese scene is exceptionally good at finding holes, barrier guarding and the like. You make it sound like they've never played with her before.

Anyway I think the consensus for right now is like Bang tier in CS. Not broken, but darn good.
Not saying they never played her, I'm saying that with CS' new system changes, Makoto is harder to deal with what with the IB changes and air unblockable normals and stuff. The main thing with CSII is that it rewards successful offense and puts more emphasis on a better defense and footsies, with good defense and footsies, Makoto shouldn't be so much of a threat, however still a force to be reckoned with.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Merry Christmas blazbluebros!

looking forward to playing many of you in the coming year, no hakumens allowed :awesome:
lol

Do you guys have much problems with Hakumen or is it just my friends?

Also does Tager have a sword in the back of his neck?

I'm buying this game for myself tomorrow, on the 360 though :(
My brother (X the Derp) uses Hakumen and it's a gay matchup. All I can say is learn to block a lot. Remember that you can cancel your run into barrier block (not regular block) and run up --> barrier block is your best friend. His pressure will eventually wear off when he runs out of meter or gets pushed too far away. Be patient too, neither of you actually hitting each other and flying around the world isn't necessarily a bad thing, so don't recklessly chase after him. To quote Isai, "Don't jump into the ****."

From JBBS.

S++ - Makoto
S - Jin, Noel, Arakune
A - Rachel, Hazama, Tsubaki, Carl, Lambda
B - Hakumen, Platinum, Tao, Ragna, Valk, Mu
C - Litchi, Bang, Tager

Makoto is the new Nu!
I literally busted out laughing reading this.

I have problems with good hakumens for the most part like Derp :(

bad ones are easy tho cheaaa

Bang and Litchi 2nd and 3rd to last on tier list? wtffffffffffffffffff dayum son cant wait for this patch
This too. :o

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Man, I feel so bad for Panty. And lots of confusion everywhere else. Can't wait for the next episode.

EDIT: ****, I just found out episode 13 was yesterday.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
More or less.

Hell, I'm hoping this patch/DLC/WHATEVER brings enough changes to the game where I can actually get behind a character. So far I'm having very little success in this regard. seeing as how I've played everybody in the cast a handful of times at least. And, unlike my Midnight Carnival days, I'm really not enjoying playing every single character in the game.

Smooth Criminal

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm with you on the "not enjoying" characters thing.
Everyone but Tager and Tao, I can't stand.
So boring.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Jin (in my noob non-combo'ing ice car spamming days) was my first main in CT. And then when I legitimately tried semi-sorta, I went to Noel. And then Ragna. I've stuck with Ragna since in CS.

In CS I try to mix up his derp BnB combo'ing as best as I can. XD Like, I'll do a combo and the like, but when I'm ending in Inferno Divider, after the second hit I'll rapid cancel into Belial Edge because it looks so cool. XD That and it's different.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My favorite thing to do with Tager is Gadget Finger to a elbow drop from a jump (don't know the lingo that well...2c from the air?)

Funniest thing to ever land on a person.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who randomly semi-feels less inclined to play CS1 with the knowledge of Super Noel being imminent and finding Nerf Noel depressing?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who randomly semi-feels less inclined to play CS1 with the knowledge of Super Noel being imminent and finding Nerf Noel depressing?
Nope. Except my knowledge is my character becoming more fun despite sucking and that the game is slightly better in general, though it's not saying that much...

Top Bottom