• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

shanus

Smash Hero
No, the only events used are momentum modifiers & variables, diable horizontal control, and a few others.

Also updated the post above mine with new findings

Edit: Also something in 21C20 of fighter.pac is what enabled you to FF during a move, exactly what that is, im not sure lol

Double Edit:

These 020A0100 abilities are defined in the external subroutines of fighter.pac (i think)
Air Attack - F
grab Edge - A
Air dodge - E
Air item throw - C
Air jump aerial - 12
Air landing - 9
Air Lasso - D
Air Special - B
Air Tread Jump - 10
Air Walljump -11
Ground - 8
Ground Attack -4
Ground Catch 3
Ground Escape - 5
Ground Guard - 6
Ground Item - 2
Ground Jump - 7
Ground Special - 1

Note: If an alloy is in fact missing a subroutine of these, that would explain why it isn't capable of performing it.
This is now confirmed to be true.

I gave samus missile cancels now by removing her landing IASA during missile to allow missiles to fire during landing. This is epicly useful.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Sweet, that seems to work well. Does nothing for giving the Alloys their missing moves, but still very, very useful.

shanus

Smash Hero
Courtesy of Phantom Wings (and kupo)
kupo15 said:
I haven't played it yet but I got something from PW that might help Project M and/or B+ for you.
Anyways, for modifying the edge snap distances, you'll need to open the character's .pac file in a hex editor and go to:

[[[[0x64] + ([0x68] * 0x4) + 0x80] + 0x90] + 0x94] + 0x80

Square brackets represent the value inside the address indicated.

From there the values are:

+0x4 Minimum distance below edge before edge snap.
+0x8 Distance window away from edge.
+0xC Distance window after minimum distance below edge.

The 0x8 value allows you to modify the distance, but it affects both forward and back edge snapping. You can use the global multiplier for backwards edge snapping to adjust that, but it will apply to all characters. (likely courtesy of the fighter.pac file)

Reverse Edge Snap Modifier: [Phantom Wings]
4A000000 80B883A8
14000000 XXXXXXXX

Where XX is a floating point value.

Just remember that it only modifies the horizontal distance, so if you manage to be exactly under the edge, you will still snap to it.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
My buddy dant (:p) and I found a few things:

10040200 is Set Article Animation.

Parameter 0 = Article ID
Parameter 1 = Animation ID

For example, on Link's hookshot head, animation 0 = open, animation 1 = closed.

10070200 is... Well honestly I don't know. Whenever I change the value it seems to make the article invisible or just flat out not there.. All I know is that Parameter 0 = Article ID.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
HMM, TETHER, DEAR, DO YOU SEE ANY LEDGES NEARBY?

~RA-Bit[16] = true

Wall tethering is a job for fighter.pac.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Very difficult, but at this point if you knew what you were doing it wouldn't be impossible (and I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to fighter.pac)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yes, that is true. It would always attempt. However if you don't set it to false after a few frames, it tends to glitch up and make you fall to your death, frozen. XD.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I'll be posting some of the actions Parameter 6 in Grab Collisions makes the opponent, as well as the grabber, do.

* means that, if you are hit while in Catch or CatchWait, you cannot grab again in one match due to a disappearing grabbox, even after dying.

2 - Opponent is frozen, but able to do any action. Can still be thrown.*
3 - Opponent is forced to dash in the direction they now face.*
4 - Opponent is forced to brake as if dashing in the direction they now face.*
5 - May not do anything. Needs a bit more testing.
6 - Opponent is forced to turn and face the opposite direction they were facing.*

3C - Makes the opponent Fsmash!

So I'm thinking all of these are just the same as the opponent's subIDs, but cutting off some, like the empty offsets. All of them, but the looped animations, can be broken out of or simply don't restrain the opponent. If they break free or are unrestrained you're still in CatchWait, so you can still throw them, even if they're miles away.

EDIT: HA! Something lulzy. You can throw them even out of death! When they're still alive after being brought back to life from a grab it causes them to spawn. X3

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'll be posting some of the actions Parameter 6 in Grab Collisions makes the opponent, as well as the grabber, do.

* means that, if you are hit while in Catch or CatchWait, you cannot grab again in one match due to a disappearing grabbox, even after dying.

2 - Opponent is frozen, but able to do any action. Can still be thrown.*
3 - Opponent is forced to dash in the direction they now face.*
4 - Opponent is forced to brake as if dashing in the direction they now face.*
5 - May not do anything. Needs a bit more testing.
6 - Opponent is forced to turn and face the opposite direction they were facing.*

3C - Makes the opponent Fsmash!

So I'm thinking all of these are just the same as the opponent's subIDs, but cutting off some, like the empty offsets. All of them, but the looped animations, can be broken out of or simply don't restrain the opponent. If they break free or are unrestrained you're still in CatchWait, so you can still throw them, even if they're miles away.

EDIT: HA! Something lulzy. You can throw them even out of death!
Hehe, yeah, throwing them out of death is awesome.

List of actions kind of makes this redundant (unless you're specifically showing how they interact with catch collisions):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239768

However, what would be really useful is figuring out how to use Catch Collisions outside of grabs.

shanus

Smash Hero
I was talking today about how to allow tethers to grab non-edges. I'm not sure if it'll work, but I'll be making a fighter.pac injection of it when work slows down.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... This was supposed to have been posted here.

Edit: Er... This was supposed to go in the Big PSA List thread...

YES!!

I've finally managed to find a way to relate the event types to the generic module set that is used for each character during gameplay. This will help a lot in understanding some of the more unknown sections of PSA code.

Here it is. ^_^

Code:
# = the first two digits of the event id.

02 so Status Module
03 so Model Module
04 so Motion Module
05 so Posture Module
06 so Collision Attack Module
06 so Collision Hit Module
06 so Collision Shield Module
06 so Collision Shield Module
06 so Collision Catch Module
07 so Controller Module
08 so Ground Module
09 so Situation Moudle
0A so Sound Module
0B so Visibility Module
0C ft<charname>
0D so Anim Cmd Module
0E so Kinetic Module Generic
0F so Link Module
10 so Generate Article Manage Module
11 so Effect Module
12 so Work Manage Module
13 so Combo Module
14 ft Area Module
17 so Physics Module
18 so Slope Module
1A so Camera Module
1B
1C ft Stop Module
1D so Shake Module
1E so Damage Module
1F so Item Manage Module
20 so Turn Module
21 so Color Blend Module
22 so Team Module
23 so Slow Module
64 ft Cancel Module
Take note that these are only the modules that Mario has at his disposal - I've noticed that some characters lack certain modules that other characters have (e.g. Sword slash effects) so the blank spaces still need to be filled.

Take special note of 0C which is ft<charname>. This one directly links into the character's .rel file for any unique events to that character only.

Not only does this help us understand the events better, but it should also be helpful for figuring out other exploits to use in PSA for various effects.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That is super double excellent! As per usual. This should be extremely helpful. I already have some questions -- what do the abbreviations "so" and "ft" mean? Also, most of these modules are rather self-explanatory, but certain things are intriguingly vague, such as the modules "Link", "Work Manage", "Combo", "Area", "Slope", "Turn", and "Cancel". Of course I'm certain most of my confusions might be answered by looking at examples of these modules.

Also, just a note -- sword slash effects do fall under 11 (effects), unless there are some other ones besides Sword Glow.

shanus

Smash Hero
This confirms my theory about the 020X events.

It seems these get defined as certain status' throughout the game that you can use for psuedo autocancels.

For example, Samus' missiles or Falco's lasers use 020A0100 to check for ground.

Most interestingly though is that 020C0100 seems to define these states. So if you wanted a move which could only cancel into another move, you *might* be able to define the action item as 020C0100 0-XX, then call it in the move list with 020A0100 0-XX. However, I'm not sure and I think the 020C0100 might only work within an action.

Nice work Phantom, very nice work.

Does this mean the 04 functions monitor your current motion direction? This could prove extremely useful.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
That is super double excellent! As per usual. This should be extremely helpful. I already have some questions -- what do the abbreviations "so" and "ft" mean? Also, most of these modules are rather self-explanatory, but certain things are intriguingly vague, such as the modules "Link", "Work Manage", "Combo", "Area", "Slope", "Turn", and "Cancel". Of course I'm certain most of my confusions might be answered by looking at examples of these modules.

Also, just a note -- sword slash effects do fall under 11 (effects), unless there are some other ones besides Sword Glow.
I'm not exactly what "ft" and "so" stand for, but they seem to be closely related to all modules.
(on a side note, each name was also suffixed with either "impl", "null", or "actor". But I omitted those)

As for the module names, I already know that Link is a linker module for attaching objects such as items, articles and players (when throwing) to the bones of your character. Work Manage is for variables - all your long-term, and short-term variables of all types go in there. (internal constants are a bit different) I'm not too sure about Combo, Area and Slope but for a guess I'd say that Combo is your damage decay buffer and Area and Slope would have to do with your interaction with the terrain. I'm not sure what Turn would be for though, seeing as I already know the module for containing your direction.

Does this mean the 04 functions monitor your current motion direction? This could prove extremely useful.
Motion contains data about your animations hence the animation files being Fit<Character>Motion.pac

shanus

Smash Hero
Lol, well I feel dumb about the motion one now haha

Have you had any luck with locating a multiplication function yet? (if you have had the time to check, if not - no worries)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm not exactly what "ft" and "so" stand for, but they seem to be closely related to all modules.
(on a side note, each name was also suffixed with either "impl", "null", or "actor". But I omitted those)

As for the module names, I already know that Link is a linker module for attaching objects such as items, articles and players (when throwing) to the bones of your character. Work Manage is for variables - all your long-term, and short-term variables of all types go in there. (internal constants are a bit different) I'm not too sure about Combo, Area and Slope but for a guess I'd say that Combo is your damage decay buffer and Area and Slope would have to do with your interaction with the terrain. I'm not sure what Turn would be for though, seeing as I already know the module for containing your direction.
Ah, I gotcha. If we could find some of the Link commands that might be incredibly useful... perhaps we could even aim projectiles at angles that way. Out of curiosity, where did you find all this info? This list certainly doesn't sound like the kind of stuff Brawl actually uses -- it sounds more like info for the devs. Then again, I have no idea how this game truly works or how people develop games.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
HUGE update! Sorry guys for not being active lately. Some really nice stuff you've all found, though. It's all been added to the OP... at least I think. Lemme know if I missed anything.

Oh, and I thought you might be interested to know... as of this post, the OP of this thread now makes up 81 pages in Word, containing 85,866 characters (with spaces).

Dantarion

Smash Champion
so is probably Shared Object, like a dll.

Anyways, thanks phantom, I am gonna change OpenSA to use those names for unknown commands from now on, should make figuring them out a bit easier.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Oh... right. You people need to stop putting things in quotes. I tend to automatically skip over anything in quotes since I can't multiquote it. Then I sometimes forget to come back and grab what was in the quote >_>

ds22

Smash Lord
I have a problem here.
I want to change this command, Change Action: 0-0, 0-10, 6-0, to something that immobilizes the PSA to use jump moves or Up-B but gives the opportunity to attack.
I know that Sonic and Snake can do this, but I didn't find any useful info in there .pac files.
Does someone know into what I have to change the 0-10 value in the command?
(If this is the wrong thread to post this, I'm sorry.)

Eldiran

Smash Lord

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I took some time to finally put in all the new events and parameters into PSA for reals. Here are the updated text files:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3408506/Events.txt
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3408506/Parameters.txt

I changed the ordering to make a little more sense. Not all parameters are filled out, but the ones that are missing should be self-explanatory, especially if you make sure to look at the command summary.
Awesome. This is going to be permanently at the top of the OP. Or well... at least until a more updated version is made.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know what the requirement is to check if a character is falling?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Not yet, no. In Air is if you're in the air obviously but there's no way to check your momentum at the moment

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Don't we know momentum functions already? Should be able to compare them to a 0 value to determine if a character is falling or rising (although that may end up making the game think a character is falling during knockback >_>)

shanus

Smash Hero
Leaf, no. How do you plan to extract the momentum data from a function which only lets you set it or add to it (read: you cannot read any information from it).

Fast-Fall is controlled by RA-Bit[2] (set bit ra-bit[2] to put your character into fastfall)

Finding the requirement for when you have reached the peak of your jump, or when you are no longer rising would be nice to know. I tried guessing some random requirements yesterday to no avail.

Edit (for prettying up the OP):
Code:
020A0100 Selective IASA/Autocancel into certain moves
020B0100 Cancel Selective IASA/Autocancel

[U]Name:[/U]                                 [U]Value[/U]:
statusAnimCmdGroup_CHK_AIR_ATTACK                          F
statusAnimCmdGroup_CHK_AIR_CLIFF                        A
statusAnimCmdGroup_CHK_AIR_ESCAPE                         E
statusAnimCmdGroup_CHK_Item_Throw                     C
statusAnimCmdGroup_CHK_Jump_Aerial                     12
statusAnimCmdGroup_CHK_Air_Landing                         9
statusAnimCmdGroup_CHK_Air_Lasso                         D