• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I searched for quite a while and couldn't find it.

You know the flags in an offensive collision, what does each number do. I know the last 2 affect the element of the attack, but wha about the rest? I know it was just discovered that some number change weather the opponent is in the air or ground, but is there anywhere a list of other stuff affected by the flag. I mean, sound effect on hit (the reason a punch sounds diferent from a sword swipe when they hit the ennemy) must be in the flags.

I really don't know how such a list doesn't exist. Is it really complicated?

Thanks
It is very complicated, yeah. We don't have any list for what the things do -- other than Kirk's insight just now, and knowing how to edit elements, that is the extent of our knowledge on hitbox flags.

@saviorslegacy: As RocketPSIence said, CatchAttack is pummel and CatchCut is grab release. The Thrown subactions actually apply to the character being held. (So if you put an effect in there, the character you have grabbed will execute that effect.)

shanus

Smash Hero
It is very complicated, yeah. We don't have any list for what the things do -- other than Kirk's insight just now, and knowing how to edit elements, that is the extent of our knowledge on hitbox flags.

@saviorslegacy: As RocketPSIence said, CatchAttack is pummel and CatchCut is grab release. The Thrown subactions actually apply to the character being held. (So if you put an effect in there, the character you have grabbed will execute that effect.)
Magus knows substantially more. The grounded/air flags have been actually known for some time, but magus is the main flag wizard. there are also refreshable hitbox flags and stuff like that

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
070B0200 looks like a rumble loop. I don't have time to test what each parameter is but it's a rumble code used for Pikachu's thunder when the article is called while grounded.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Parameter 0 (Value) for Catch Collisions is totally the Collision ID.

Oh, and Parameter 3 (Value) for throws seems to be the angle. Edit: Yeah, it definitely is.

I dunno if these were already known, but whatever.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
04020100 seems to be generally used as a

do (something) if

command. Dunno if that's helpful to anyone but if they want to test and figure out what it does then be my guest.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
14070A00 spawns ambient wind that comes from the player. It is not a hitbox. It is merely a wind that rustles loose hats, hair, etc.

The first parameter doesn't seem to do anything, so I'd keep it at a value of 0.
The second parameter is set in scalar, but I don't see it doing anything either lol. So leave that alone for now.
The third is in scalar as well, it's the strength (or speed, depending how you look at it) of the wind. A value of one causes the opponents props to twitch a bit, 300 causes them to rise extremely fast. 100 is a smooooth ride up.
The fourth is also scalar, acts somewhat like another strength/speed setting. It has priority over the third parameter.
The fifth is scalar, like the others, and controls size I believe.
The sixth is scalar, and I honestly have no clue what this does XD.
The seventh and eighth are both scalar (shocker, huh?), and they don't seem to do anything for me ._., but they always seem to be the same value whenever I look at it, so I'd suggest you did that.
The ninth is A HEX VALUE?!

...And I dunno what it does. <_>

14040100 halts the ambient wind at 0-0.

You guys have fun with that, lol.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Can we get this added?
Item ID List:
Code:
00 Assist Trophy
01 Franklin Badge
02 Banana Peel
03 Barrel
04 Beam Sword
05 Dollar Bill (Coin Match)
06 Bob-Omb
07 Crate
08 Bumper
09 Capsule
0A Rolling Crate
0B CD
0C Sticky Bomb
0D Cracker Launcher
0E Cracker Launcher Shot
0F Coin
10 Superspicy Curry
11 Superspice Curry Shot
12 Deku Nut
13 Mr. Saturn
14 Dragoon Parts
15 Dragoon Set
16 Dragoon Sight
17 Trophy
18 Fire Flower
19 Fire Flower Shot
1A Freezie
1B Golden Hammer
1C Green Shell
1D Hammer
1E Hammer Head
1F Fan
20 Heart Container
21 Homerun Bat
22 Party Ball
23 Manaphy Heart
24 Maxim Tomato
25 Poison Mushroom
26 Super Mushroom
27 Metal Box
28 Hot Head
29 Pitfall
2A Pokeball
2B Explosive Box
2C Ray Gun
2D Ray Gun Shot
2E Lipstick
2F Lipstick Flower
30 Lipstick Shot (Dust/Powder)
31 Sandbag
32 Screw Attack
33 Sticker
34 Motion-Sensor Bomb
35 Timer
36 Smart Bomb
37 Smash Ball
38 Smoke Screen
39 Spring
3A Star Rod
3B Star Rod Shot
3C Soccer Ball
3D Superscope
3E Superscope shot
3F Star
40 Food
41 Team Healer
42 Lightning
43 Unira
44 Bunny Hood
45 Warpstar
I had to Google-Fu to find it elsewhere.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Is there an If that detects which way you're facing?

I was told something about Marth's downB.

Maybe If Facing Left/Right Wall?

Also, how does Req. 0B work? Is the value the frame checked?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It's one of the Steps...

StepJump is when you footstool...
I know THAT, but which one is it for getting footstooled? >.> I need to know so I can add a hitbox to it.
Is there an If that detects which way you're facing?

I was told something about Marth's downB.

Maybe If Facing Left/Right Wall?
I'm pretty sure there's a If requirement for Facing Left or Facing Right

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This may be important. The new BrawlBox has full animation previewing on models, so any of the subactions can be identified by name. If it doesn't exist already, we should compile a list of what each action actually is, say like Wait1 = first idle animation, AppealHi = up taunt, etc.

I think there was an old list started a while ago, but people were having trouble identifying certain obscure animations based on their names alone. With BrawlBox you can now easily see what the animation looks like so you can figure out what it is in the game.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
A question.
Where in the Partition are the GFX files, both universal and character-specific? I've been looking everywhere for the 'sparks' effect, as well as Ganon's various darkness effect models for the sake of capture/replacing in BrawlBox, but have been unable to find them. Where did that GFX list come from?

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, Indigo and I (Indi's doing all the dirty work whilst I sit back and order him around, so more like just Indi) are currently trying to create a character with a base off of kirby. He's still in the beta form, but his side b is meant to grab somebody like diddy/wario (it doesn't work quite yet, it ends up freezing the characters on screen currently). I've noticed that if I pose somewhere in the animation of grabbing somebody, their head gets extremely (and comedically) small, making them look extremely fat and funny. I took some snapshots, but I have no way of converting the BINs to JPGs or IMGs, so I can't share them here.

There is probably something somewhere in the coding that does this. PM me and I'll send you the .pac file to look at it for yourself.

It's probably a useless code, but a funny one. Perhaps we could give somebody a head-shrinking ray! Just thought I'd share it with you.

EDIT: If anybody else has a way of converting .bin to .jpg, then PM me and I'll send you the pics I ASSUME to be them... although I really would just be stabbing blindly into all of my snapshots.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, Indigo and I (Indi's doing all the dirty work whilst I sit back and order him around, so more like just Indi) are currently trying to create a character with a base off of kirby. He's still in the beta form, but his side b is meant to grab somebody like diddy/wario (it doesn't work quite yet, it ends up freezing the characters on screen currently). I've noticed that if I pose somewhere in the animation of grabbing somebody, their head gets extremely (and comedically) small, making them look extremely fat and funny. I took some snapshots, but I have no way of converting the BINs to JPGs or IMGs, so I can't share them here.

There is probably something somewhere in the coding that does this. PM me and I'll send you the .pac file to look at it for yourself.

It's probably a useless code, but a funny one. Perhaps we could give somebody a head-shrinking ray! Just thought I'd share it with you.

EDIT: If anybody else has a way of converting .bin to .jpg, then PM me and I'll send you the pics I ASSUME to be them... although I really would just be stabbing blindly into all of my snapshots.
Brawlsnapshots.com always works. =P

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Ohh, ok, I'll try that

EDIT: here they are!

I think it does that so that the head of whoever is being swallowed (no innuendo intended) doesn't poke through the back of the swallower's mouth. (once again, no innuendo intended.)

If we can find the code that does this, we could have characters with head shrinking rays! Huzzah!

...NII

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Can someone help me find the code that damages the user? I've tried night and day and realized this is not a 1 person job. I need outside help.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Lets make a list of where characters self damage themselves.

DDD Down+B
Ike Fully Charged Neutral+B
Diddy Overcharged peanut?
G&W 0 (or is it 1?)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Dedede's downB does 1 damage and should be in a loop somewhere.

Ike's neutralB does A damage (10).

Overcharged peanut does no damage.

It's G&W 1. It does C damage (12).

Kirby/Wario/Dedede eating an explosive item (5 kirby & dedede, 6 wario), (Located at 1D4 on Kirby, has no values set to 5, makes me question whether its controlled by the article or not. Only thing I could think of is 08000100 0-5 in subroutine 345BC...

EDIT: Which is also set to 2 above, ruling it out...)

shanus

Smash Hero
does anyone know a command which works as a multiplication command?

I.e., say I wanted to multiply a RA-float by a scalar?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You could get complicated and rapidly set another float to the same value, then add it to the original in a loop repeatedly. I know of no multiplication commands.

EDIT: OH LOL THAT'S EXPONENTS :V

You could just set a float, then set a basic to the same value, then add the basic to the float a couple times in a loop.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
So RA-Bit 18 and 19 seem to be set to true on the bomb-eat animations, all three of them. No values set. Like I said before, makes me think the article decides the value.

G&W sets RA-Float[3] to 12 (which is the value he hurts himself by.) on backfired sideB.

EDIT: I tested that on Pikachu's dair landing and it did absolutely nothing, so that mustn't be it.

EDIT: Ike... Has nothing that references the 10% he does to himself except Set Air/Ground (10)... But that doesn't make sense XD.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Tripleposting because nobody's in this thread :V

Set Air/Ground (10) allows you to leave the ground during a grounded animation.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Looking at it... 1C is if hit by hitbox which doesn't seem to be OP'd yet.

At the end there's the allowance to leave the ground (Set Air/Ground (10)) again.

Chasing around, I see 08000100 0-5 in action 129... I'll give that a try real fast.

EDIT: Nothing... T_T

I get the feeling that either:

A: These commands only work in Actions
B: A Bit or some other variable must be set for these to work
or
C: It's controlled by something PSA can't see

EDITAGAIN: Well I removed 08000100 from Diddy's upB damage and it still does 5%, that outrules that I guess..

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I figure if we get enough people to look either we'll find it or PW will see us frantically searching and come to our rescue <_>

shanus

Smash Hero
Hi guys, I have a fairly simple request for someone to test:

I am fairly certain that multiplication or division functions exist for Basic and Float variables. I propose a simple way to test for them.

If you examine the functions for these:
Code:
Basic Set-----------12000200
Basic Add-----------12010200
Basic Subtract------12020200
Currently unknown--12030200
Currently unknown--12040200
Currently unknown--12050200
Float Var set-------12060200
Float ADD----------12070200
Float subtract------12080200
Currently unknown--12090200
Bit set-------------120A0200
Bit clear------------120B0200
The unknown functions *might* behave identically to the others, but perform multiplication, etc.

Could someone test the following?

In Jump start subaction:
Float variable set: RA-Float 78 = 10

In Crouch:
12090200 1-7530 (scalar = .5), 5-2100004E (variable RA-Float 78)

In Jab1:
Set the hitbox damage of one of these variables to equal RA-Float 78.

Then proceed to:
Jump
Jab, the damage should equal 10.
Crouch
Jab, if the formula multiplies, the damage should equal 5.
[/code]

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Jumped.
Jab did 10%.
Crouched.
Jab did 10%.

Unless I put the crouch on the wrong animation (SquatRv right?), this doesn't seem to work

Top Bottom