• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There's an Attribute that determines how many jumps a character can have, but MK is a multi - jumper in the IC constants so the max he can have is how many he has now.

Kirby, D3, and Jiggs are also at their maximum jumps as they are also multi-jumpers.

Everyone else can have as many jumps as you want.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes I did.

Also Charizard.

Is it safe to use unused subactions for other things?

For example, since certain characters don't glide, would it be safe to use the empty subactions for other things like more air attacks?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Yes I did.

Also Charizard.

Is it safe to use unused subactions for other things?

For example, since certain characters don't glide, would it be safe to use the empty subactions for other things like more air attacks?
Of course, I do that all the time.
Still, be wary of the subaction's 'purpose' in order to avoid unusual hardcoding. For example, the slot for Link's S4S2, and the 2nd and 3rd slots of Mk's F-Tilt are perfect for extra attacks.

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
Same with Peach's Wait3-5 or something, and all the crouching stuff, and all the gliding stuff...... really, there's so much you don't really need to use those risky special hardcoded subactions anyways. XD

mariodk

Smash Ace
hey i got afew codes from TheWill´s Shadow over DK. for the 2nd. jump to near work over DK i want to know how i can get them better it a Shadow/sonic over DK can do it his 2nd. jump near perfect
here is the Codes:
1E000200: 0-3. 1-03929CA0.
0E080400: 1-0 1-1D4C0. 0-0. 0-0.
From PSA v2.1
on JumpAerial F/B i can send you the .pac if you know how to fix the 2nd. jump (will also credit you on my version of shadow over DK. and ofc give credit to thewill too)

mariodk

Smash Ace
hey i got afew codes from TheWill´s Shadow over DK. for the 2nd. jump to near work over DK i want to know how i can get them better it a Shadow/sonic over DK can do it his 2nd. jump near perfect
here is the Codes:
1E000200: 0-3. 1-03929CA0.
0E080400: 1-0 1-1D4C0. 0-0. 0-0.
From PSA v2.1
on JumpAerial F/B i can send you the .pac if you know how to fix the 2nd. jump (will also credit you on my version of shadow over DK. and ofc give credit to thewill too)
NVM i found out self now i just have to lower the jump and anything is fine

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Do subactions 188 and 189 do anything at all?
RopeCatch and RopeFishing have no paramteres whatsoever aside from the fact that they loop.
No animations either.
Maybe it was something dummied out?

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
is there a way to edit the colors of... I think it's "flags". Like when gannon hits somebody with a purpley move and it the person getting hit turns all purple, or if lucario hits someone with the aura moves they turn blue.

I know I can go through all the PSA stuff and say, change all of the aura moves by replacing the aura flags with fire ones, but can I just make all aura hit effects a different color while not changing any other properties?

Also, can I change the color of graphical effects? Blue explosions, black fireballs, green aura (not the hitting flag above) , that type of thing?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Changing the color of Graphical effects? Go to common3.pac and change the textures, Clr0's, and model colors.

Good luck.

Edit I don't know where the hell to put this so it's going here.

I learned a better way to put in wall jumps.

First you need to put this in subaction JumpF
Code:
If:Facing Left
                 If Value Touch Wall:2
                                Reverse Direction
                 End If
Else:
                If: Facing Right
                                If Value Touch Wall :4
                                                Reverse Direction
                                End If
                End If
End If
Change Action: action=E, requirement=compare: IC-Basic[1012]>= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Change Action Requirement: Facing Left
Additional Change Action Requirement Value: Touch Wall: 2
Change Action: action=67, requirement=compare: IC-Basic[1011]>= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Change Action Requirement:Facing Left
Additional Change Action Requirement Value: Touch Wall: 4
Change Action: action=E, requirement=compare: IC-Basic[1012]>= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Change Action Requirement:Facing Right
Additional Change Action Requirement Value: Touch Wall: 4
Change Action: action=67, requirement=compare: IC-Basic[1011]>= IC-Basic[3149]
Additional Change Action Requirement:Facing Right
Additional Change Action Requirement Value: Touch Wall: 2
Now remember the offset of the subaction and make a go to command in the following subactions:

JumpF
JumpB
JumpAerialF(For Multi Jumpers, be sure to include JumpAerialF2,F3, etc.)
JumpAerialB
Fall
FallF
FallB
FallAerial
FallAeriaF
FallAerialB
PassiveWallJump

The last one is important for smooth wall jumping.

Don't worry about abuse, the vertical velocity automatically decreases a bit when used consecutively like a normal wall jump would.

This allows for scar jumping and a more natural feeling wall jump, akin somewhat to Melee.

I put this on Gray Fox and it's working.

Thanks goes to KingJigglypuff for the coding in Char which gave me much of the code and the inspiration to change it for better wall jumping.

To clarify: the old method required a spare action.
Maybe they didn't know the correct action for the wall jump.
This method does not.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I've been having a bit of trouble with the camera boundaries event (1A030400). I plan to apply it to all of the character's animations, since editing Attributes tends to have varying effects when used in different modes, so I want a method that I know remains constant.

Now, the thing is, as the values only add to the current ones, the boundaries keep expanding. What would be the most effective way to handle this? Although, if some can confirm whether or not the values in Attributes don't change from mode to mode, that would potentially save a lot of time.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
SSE and Boss Battles have their own set of attributes which can be modified in Tabuu, so basically you have to edit both attribute sets for the boundaries to work in all modes.

Looking in OpenSA2, All the carrier items use Ra-Bit[6] in the subaction Born to determine whether or not they explode. It's like this:

If - Requirement=Bit is set, RA-Bit [6]
Special Offensive Collision Explosion hitbox Parameter stuff
End If

This is also used in the GFX tab of the same subaction to determine whether or not to show an explosion effect is used.

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
that 'common3.pac' thing, I couldn't find it so I downloaded it online. I found a 'common5.pac' in the pf -> system folder. I didn't put it there so it must be part of a big package of textures and stuff I downloaded a long time ago.

I know the files won't show up in here unless they've been changed, so is there a common1, common2, and so on?

the common3.pac is the one Eternal Yoshi told me has most of the graphical effects, and common5 has charizard and squirtle's stuff in it, plus the custom character selection stuff.

What I really want to do is change the color of lucario's aura but since it's not in common3 or common5 and he's the only one who uses it, it's probably stored somewhere else

Tried googling, could only find common3 and common5

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Lucario's primary Aura GFX like his aura sphere..... is in FitLucario.pac.

The Aura hit effects are definitely in Common3.pac.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Like when gannon hits somebody with a purpley move and it the person getting hit turns all purple, or if lucario hits someone with the aura moves they turn blue.
This is controlled by a bunch of flash overlay effects in Fighter.pac; unfortunately while I know a decent amount about them I can't tell you which ones belong to what effect. Try messing with the flash overlays in the range of 0x1bfc to 0x29ac (again, in Fighter.pac).

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Read on electric attacks.

Subroutine@205C

-----------|START|--------------------------
Flash Overlay Effect - 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0x32,
Synchronous Timer - Frames=1.00x,
Change Flash Overlay Color - 0x3, 0x0, 0x0, 0x94, 0xA,
Synchronous Timer - Frames=3.00x,
Terminate Flash Effect
Return
----------------------------|END|-----------

Darkness effect.

Subroutine@23DC

Flash Overlay Effect - 0x50, 0x0, 0xB4, 0x50,
Change Flash Overlay Color - 0x4, 0x28, 0x0, 0x3C, 0xA,
Synchronous Timer - Frames=4.00x,
Terminate Flash Effect
Return

This one is read after the darkness effect is over. The player has a slight flash when darkness effects are over.

Subroutine@2474

Flash Overlay Effect - 0x32, 0x0, 0x64, 0x28,
Synchronous Timer - Frames=2.00x,
Flash Overlay Effect - 0x1E, 0x0, 0x3C, 0x14,
Terminate Flash Effect
Return

There's so many, lol. You get the point though. :p

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sooo.....

How do I give Ness a normal Usmash and Dsmash?

I mean, how can I make it so it can charge regardless of the article or stage position??

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The action flags were the first place I checked..... and it's no different from other characters' smash attack action flags.

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
quick question about Ike sword trace edits. Changing the colors is simple enough, but how can I make part of the trace an opaque black?

The little image I edit to change the trace seems to treat black as transparency. So if I make the trace fade from red to black in the picture, it'll show up as red fading to nothing in-game.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Hey how do I change the color of the sword glow and how exactly does the referencing work? I tried giving klonoa a sword trace and referencing the link swordflare model I placed in the lucas.pac file along with copying over the sword trace texture file as well but no matter what I do the sword trace remains white unless Link is in the match... I even tried using an ext graphics editor made by theshyguy but Link doesn't have his sword trace listed.

Does anybody know how to fix this or just how to change the color in general. I know it's parameter 0 but it doesn't seem to do anything when I change it...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You can't give a (non-white) sword glow to a character that doesn't have one (like Lucas). I'm afraid it's just not possible yet.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Only one way. By switching the effect.pacs.
That's how I got Gray Fox's sword glows over MK.

You need to make sure that the sword glow command is referencing the correct GFX ID.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Only one way. By switching the effect.pacs.
That's how I got Gray Fox's sword glows over MK.

You need to make sure that the sword glow command is referencing the correct GFX ID.
So if I replaced Lucas' GFX file with Links? afterward would I have to reference to Links ID's for everything or would it just count as Lucas'. Like when I'm pulling up an external graphic would I keep it as lucas' (EX: 001B0006) or make it Links? And wouldn't this mess with Links graphics then?

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
Got a nice Ike texture but I don't care for the sword. I tried opening up the new texture and the regular one in separate brawlboxes and noticed the polygons for the sword are 129, 130, and 131.

I think I need to just export them from the regular one and right-click 'replace' over those three polygons in the new one. Didn't work but I think I might know why.

When I exported them they were files without extensions so I don't know what type to save them as before I put them into the new texture.

The problem might be more complex than I think. Just replacing one sword with another sword, that's all.

Edit: never mind, I figured it out.

http://opensa.dantarion.com/autoframe/FitSnake.php

I know that bones modified with a "collision state=0x2" are given invicibility state, but I am not sure how to isolate which bones are given this state.

For snake, his bones are during his dash attack.
Modify Bone Collision - Bone=0x11, Collision State=0x2,
Modify Bone Collision - Bone=0x2D, Collision State=0x2,
Modify Bone Collision - Bone=0x12, Collision State=0x2,
Modify Bone Collision - Bone=0x2E, Collision State=0x2,

However, I am not sure what is meant by Bone=0x2D for example.

I think the straight-up 2 digit number refers to the "Bone Index" value, but I am not positive. I have no idea what is meant by a numerical digit and a letter.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Should've saw this earlier.

The 2 digit number IS the bone index value. It's in hexadecimal. If you want the decimal numerical value, use windows calculator, switch to scientific mode, click the hex button and put in the value you want, such as 2D. Then click decimal, and it will give you the value in normal numbers.

Look in Snake's costume files FitSnake00.pac via Brawlbox and look in the Mdl0 and look through the bones for the matching bone index.

Thanks.

It is LShoulderJ, RShoulderJ, LArmJ, and RArmJ. However, L/RArmJ are within the L/RShoulderJ. When it modifies the L/RshoulderJ, are all bones collapsed within that particular address modified as well, or simply only the hurtboxes generated around that one bone?

camelot

Smash Ace
12100200 = float variable divide, first parameter is the number you're dividing by (can be scalar or a variable), second parameter is the variable you're dividing.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Whoa. Nice Find.

Snooping through the ItemParam.pacs as usual, Ra-Bit[6] is not used in any other situation AFAIK.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Anyone know of a "set damage" command? I tried 1e010100, 1e020100, and 1e040100, and none of them seemed to do anything. (Since 1e000200 is "set armour" and 1e030100 is "add damage", it made sense for a "set damage" to be nearby.)

If not, anyone have a good idea to make the damage meter show any variable's contents with frame-by-frame precision? I think that taking an unused variable, making it 0, subtracting current damage, and using Add Damage on the result would be a consistent way of setting damage to 0, but would that even work?

Top Bottom