• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
It's cause its eazy peazy in ohio lolol

It was fun until I took calc 3

but i still like reading random math stuff

im turning into a bowyer

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The math requirements of your major depend heavily on where you go to School. At UofM you have to take calc 1-4. Calc 2 is just like calc 1 except more stuff, Calc 3 is just like calc 1 but with longer equations, and calc 4 is really easy if it just snaps, if it doesn't, well, idk, didn't have any friends whom it didn't for :p

Discreet Math isn't really math so much as computation theory. It's much more about sets and logic than anything computational. The toughest the math gets in there is modulus division (i.e. 16%3 = 1), but that needs to be really easy for a CS guy.

I always used to find math kinda fun. Since I've stopped really using it, I don't care for it much anymore.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Wow. That's a lot of Calculus, Scotu. XD
Ooh. That just makes me excited. What did you major in?
I'm going to the uni here. And as a Pharm major you have to take 6 years of college.
The firs two years is just a bunch of calculus 1, 2, 3. And the last four years is more calculus and statistics. Lol.
It's a lot more science than math.

@thax, O: That sounds like fun!! Aha.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Computer Science & Engineering.

oh, I guess I also had to take an intro stats class. I guess I just repressed the memories (really ****ty prof).

And It's really not that much calc. That or it didn't seem like it, since I'd finished 1+2 in high school.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
probably to make the Diff. EQs, statistics, and linear algebra easier to teach, which I imagine would be heavily necessary for a pharmacist.

SCOTU

Smash Hero

And youch, I'm really scared I may have a bad professor...
Don't be scared. It's almost guaranteed in your first couple semesters if you take any intro classes. Anything in the 100s level has like a 40% chance to have a bad prof. But it doesn't matter, since it's a 100 level course lol. A good school won't have bad profs at higher level courses where it matters.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
To the Cincinnati duuuuuudes:

So Lain and Tech (And whoever the 3rd person is lol), this is the plan I've got so far for Cinci based on what I've read lol:

9:00 p.m. Friday: You guys get to my house.
12:30 a.m. Saturday: We get to Today's apartment.
Rest of Saturday: Tournament
Early Sunday: We leave for back home. (Gotta make sure my friend Amadeus gets to work at 4:00)

Sounds about right to me. Lain, I'll probably give you a call tonight/early tomorrow...or call me and I'll take a quick break from work.

Remember...bring only 3 people from AA/MI. That's all I have room for. D:

Also, I'm gonna have a huge meal before we leave and bring some Tylenol this time. Hopefully I'll be less of a zombie on this trip. ^.^b

fZk

Smash Lord
How much of all that math you're going to end up actually using depends on your field of work after college. I took

Calc 1-4,
Linear Algebra
Ordinary Differential eq.
Complex Analysis
Partial Diff eq.

Those I know pretty well because I use them all the time in my line of work, specially Calc 1-4 and Linear Algebra.

I also took as electives, Real Analysis, Topology, Differential Geometry and those I don't remember much because after I was done with the course I never used any of them again.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
As far as math usage in Computer Science goes, calc is usually useless besides the basics. Vector math is almost always very important. Matrix math and linear algebra can be really important in some fields (like graphics) and Statistics can be important (esp in AI), and Set & Graph Theory are universally always used.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Uhhh I'm two classes away from finishing an honors math degree and I don't agree with most of the stuff posted loololololololololol

but scotu i ****ing love graph theory i highly recommend everyone take that ****

earthadept

Smash Lord
soooo everyone SURE they aren't going to apex 2???!? michigan really needs more representation!!! as of now it looks like it's just me, juggleguy, and lain. lame :'(

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
****, love how wen im talkin to kail, everyone comes on to hold his balls for him like he cant do it himself. all good tho, i main link. but on da real ya respect for kail but a stock shuld come aftr an IC's grab on ganon simply cuz it takes very little space to rack on +150% dmg. dthrow upsmash or a fully charged fsmash is gonna finish him (sry for sayin that since i kno u kno that alrdy)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Depends on if ICs can chaingrab ganon. I don't remember if they can or not. Even if they can, most of their chaingrabs are escapable as long as they don't correctly guess your escape means.

Kail

Smash Lord
SDI gets ganon out of the chain throw.
Also, I like when others hold my balls.
And Ganon can't ever die before 500% at least.
Plus if you're good enough, you can get hit by the dair and air dodge out of it before they can regrab.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
****, love how wen im talkin to kail, everyone comes on to hold his balls for him like he cant do it himself.
You're clearly implying that Kail's balls are too large for any one person to hold himself. In which case you'd be correct.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Good smash yesterday everybody. Way to rep influence like we do.
Yeah, everyone's getting better. It's cool. And dude I'm sorry but that Dair > Falcon Punch that Soul got on you was too pro lol

@Louis: Yeah I talked with Lain and we're good to go. My schedule:

10:00 a.m. - Work. I have to close the store that day at 4 so I should be out by 5 or so.

6:15 p.m - I must take the train to get to Lain so he doesn't have to waste like an hour getting me.

7:30 p.m - This is at the latest when my train would arrive in Ann Arbor. Lain will be getting me from here.

8:00 something p.m - We should be en route to your place and there by 9 and then you know how the rest goes. Can't wait.

King Malice

Smash Ace
SDI gets ganon out of the chain throw.
Also, I like when others hold my balls.
And Ganon can't ever die before 500% at least.
Plus if you're good enough, you can get hit by the dair and air dodge out of it before they can regrab.
Don't lie, you like holding other peoples balls more so don't even try to pretend.

@Tech; Donald was on my team ffs, that wasn't pro that was just unfortunate for me.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
the sheer size of them requires at least 4-5 people
well im glad u all sit around n stare at em

quite a lot of time spent on this one subject. obviously kail is implying that sliq's ganon sucks, at which point, whoever it was that said they had a good ganon'd still like to play them at sum point

Kail

Smash Lord
well im glad u all sit around n stare at em

quite a lot of time spent on this one subject. obviously kail is implying that sliq's ganon sucks, at which point, whoever it was that said they had a good ganon'd still like to play them at sum point
Honestly, it's kind of hard to NOT stare at them.
I have a Ganon, he's a convicted felon though in 5 states though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
See, the problem with that is that you'd have to go to Canada or Florida to accomplish that.
The point to playing at your stage is to learn and improve, not to gauge yourself against big names.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Honestly, it's kind of hard to NOT stare at them.
I have a Ganon, he's a convicted felon though in 5 states though.
problem is, i like females and ****in em. anyone who knows me knows wassup. sho'nuff if u was tommy lee, i wuldnt nd ya to pull it out cuz i wuldnt care. but i wuldnt mind starin at ya ganon next time shady or sum1 has a smashfest

Top Bottom