• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

judge!

Smash Ace
tommorow for that smashfest sounds wonderful derek!. im def 100% coming...booze games anyone =P

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Heyo, MI! I know it's a couple of weeks away but I was hoping maybe I could see you guys again at my next Cincy tournament the end of July, School is in Session. I know Michigan came to the last one which was awesome and it was nice to see everyone. I remember Jason/L said he'll talk to you guys as well! I can provide housing if needed! It'll have great competition, free drinks, and many other video games on the side when people need to take breaks as well as a Melee room. Thanks a bunch, guys! <3 MI.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
We're baaaaaaaaaack. Doubles was meh, but MI ***** singles. 4 of the top 9 were MI players. :D MI upset a few players, as well as other players in the midwest upsetting us.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10770711#post10770711

Yeah, toll booths stole our virginity. >.>;

Thanks for taking us, Lain. It was a great first OoS for me. And btw, I left my hat in your car. Feel free to borrow it until the next MI Smashfest/Tournament. lmao

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I got bracket ****ed so bad lol I SHOULDVE WON AGAINST FADE AGH!! lol I played so well though this weekend once I develop a few things Lain taught me about I'm going to be a much better Snake and player as a whole. I had so much fun this weekend.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yessir. I'm tired of having character identity crisis lol I played every PRed IL person that showed up to the tournament and I even managed to get a game off Quik and went last hit, last stock with Ook and Akashi. Arty is different though. Close games but I can totally see why he's ranked first there. Point of the story is my Snake is better and after all the stuff Lain showed me/stuff I picked up on I think I need to main Snake again.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Ah going back to Snake, eh? At least you're not another MK hehe.

Okay, yeah Smashfest Friday at my place, people bringing setups would be nice PM me for details.

Arty

Smash Lord
Nice meeting all of you Michigan folk :)

And hooray for MythTrainerInfinity finally going to tournaments! I gotta meet you one day man, and we'll play some checkers ;)

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Nice meeting all of you Michigan folk :)

And hooray for MythTrainerInfinity finally going to tournaments! I gotta meet you one day man, and we'll play some checkers ;)
Man you really got good in Brawl, eh? I remember I used to always beat you on ladder, then you went away for awhile, then got really good.

Are you serious about playin' me in checkers? :X

If anyone wants to money match the 2008 21 and under U.S. checkers champ in checkers I'm game, hehe.

ZTD | TECHnology

No, I'm going to do that another night. Just WAY too tired and want to chill this Sunday. I'll keep you guys posted when I'm doing the next one.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Dang, oh well. Yeah I wont be at any tournaments or smashfests due to the fact I'll be leaving on Wednesday for vacation. I'll be back before the August 14th tourny though. Then after that tourny I start college/soccer again which will suck because I won't be able to smash too often because of school and soccer. I'll still try to get out and stuff. After the soccer season is over I can definitely smash a lot, so I'm pretty excited about that.. >.>

ZTD | TECHnology

Aww Nick is going to be so sad lol But we hope to see you again soon. We gotta party sometime soon though Kyle! Let me know when youre free.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Aww Nick is going to be so sad lol But we hope to see you again soon. We gotta party sometime soon though Kyle! Let me know when youre free.
Haha alright sounds good. And my college isn't too far from your house Tech, so I can definitely do some smashfests/hang out even when I'm there.

Did the toll roads Wombo Combo you guys? Ll

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think I'm going to learn how to time people out in Smash the next time I play. :V

ZTD | TECHnology

Olivet, It's like 2 hours but it's not that bad of a drive tbh.

o_0

Well you're always welcome to chill if you get some time, plus you can spend the night if you ever felt like it. I like having people over anyway. We're gonna make you legit in Smash, son!

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Well google maps says it's 2 hours but it probably isn't that much. And yeah I think I'm going to pick up Wario. Still not 100% sure though. Been playing around with a few characters in training mode lately.

I would play on wifi a bit but I can't it to connect for some reason. I keep getting the 50331 Error code when I connect. I've tried googling for solutions, I have fried everything and nothing works. Kind of frustrating. =/

ZTD | TECHnology

Well play who's fun to you and just start messing around with characters until something feels right. You'll find your character eventually :D

No matter what I do I always end up going back to Snake despite how many times Ive attempted to publicly announce that I'm quitting him lol This weekend proved I shouldve just stuck with him. I'm just happy I have motivation to play him again. When the PRs are remade I'm gunning for a spot and this time I WILL get it.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I'm okay with Olimar, I'm just sick of using him tbh. His recovery is hella annoying. =/
But, I do have to say... like you when I told my friends that I was going to switch characters I have always found myself back to Oli, but this time I'm confident I am going to stop using him and pick up another character.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
What I mean is, when say I tether I "should" be able to get back onto the stage, but I didn't because say one of my pikmin gets de-synced for some weird reason. It shouldn't be too hard to edge guard him. >.>

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Melee is too good. We need more Smashfests because unfortunately I can only host one more tourney before school starts back up. James, you should host weekly Meleefests.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
When you pick a character you just pick the one you feel you'd have the best chances of winning with. And no, I'm not telling you to just ***** the top tier and go MK/Snake. Find a character you like with something broken that you like abusing and stick with it.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tony says it best about Brawl: a game where you stick with the safest options possible 100% of the time while abusing your character's best move for as long as possible in as many matches as possible.

Top Bottom