• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

earthadept

Smash Lord
I can host a smashfest right now if you guys like :p. I'm not 100% sure about tomorrow, but if I'm able to I'd consider a "smash till dawn" - esque event, as everyone else in my apartment is going to be away. (I'm in ann arbor)

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I can host a smashfest right now if you guys like :p. I'm not 100% sure about tomorrow, but if I'm able to I'd consider a "smash till dawn" - esque event, as everyone else in my apartment is going to be away. (I'm in ann arbor)
Speaking on Severest's behalf I know he's down to do whatever tomorrow. He lives in AA too.

I live 30 mins away and work till 10. I'm bringing all my stuff to work so I can leave straight from there, but that still doesn't put me in AA till 10:30. :(

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
what are the timings?? oh and before i see if i can get a car..... ill pay gas money to anyone who lives near detroit to pick me up and go to earthdept if this is going down. i really dont want to drive to AA. ill be doing that saturday

earthadept

Smash Lord
like i said, i'm down for any time today... but tomorrow i might have to leave my apartment and go somewhere else, in which case a smashfest is highly unlikely

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
question

at the last wb tournament my teammate and i were playing mikey and ankoku
they started off banning ys
but then game 3 they counterpicked it cus they said since it was their ban it was okay
now i didnt really care since i like ys
but im just wonderin if this is legal

earthadept

Smash Lord
ok guys i'm really sorry but i can't have a smashfest tomorrow... it's a pretty messed up situation. i basically was just now told i need to move out of my apartment by 1 pm tomorrow. haha. is anyone else interested in hosting? also if anyone is interested for tonight... i'm game

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
question

but then game 3 they counterpicked it cus they said since it was their ban it was okay
You wait this long to ask? That's weird.

Anyway, it is. Many teams throughout the course of Melee have done it, and unless things have changed a lot since the last time I've gone to a Melee tournament, it's still legal. There's been times where people keep c/ping a stage they lost on in a set, so I really don't see why the above is illegal, and have heard absolutely nothing about otherwise...

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
question

Somehow I just found this quite hilarious. I really don't know if that's legal. I'm assuming it is cuz ya'll agreed/let it stand, but officially idk.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
You can basically view it as if we're giving up our ban, actually. That's why I say it is legal, if not unaddressed. You guys DID agree to it at the time, too, so any contention of it would be a bit moot.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
You wait this long to ask? That's weird.

Anyway, it is. Many teams throughout the course of Melee have done it, and unless things have changed a lot since the last time I've gone to a Melee tournament, it's still legal. There's been times where people keep c/ping a stage they lost on in a set, so I really don't see why the above is illegal, and have heard absolutely nothing about otherwise...
yea i thought it was alright at the time but i talked to some people who disagreed so i thought i should check. either way gg no johns

Vayseth

Smash Master
This is Vayseth officially signing off. Enjoy yourselves and it's been an absolute pleasure smashing with all of you for the past year and a half. I'll miss ya!

Peace.

Vayseth signed out at 1:43 am.

Top Bottom