• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

SCOTU

Smash Hero
god****it. i work every day this week from yesterday to saturday. uhhggh. (idk how that's really supposed to be spelled.)

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
lain! Since I probably won't see you before *Pound*, I'm going to remind you right now. Next week, if we meet each other...

...Money Match. Two quarters and a nickel. Bring it. And bring your change.

Rat

Smash Lord
Hi folks,

So I'm new to this whole Michigan smash scene, and I was wondering if there are people who play in the Grand Rapids/western Michigan area? It's been awhile since I've been to a tournament or played anyone good and I've been really itching to play now that classes have been out for awhile.

thanks,
Nick

Anther

Smash Champion
Randy, I heard you wanted to join us in the trip to Pound... You still can I believe. I know its like last minute and shiz, but you should come ^__^.
Only about 30 for gas and your singles ticket it already paid for :B.

Game 'n' Watch

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah. lets still do this tourney just so i can get really drunk and make fun of sheepy and dbs, come on guys it will be funny. And lets get TehOwnage here again so we can shoot him with the airsoft guns all night, seriously that was the best tourney ever. I miss the early M tournaments :(
Hahaha Acro and I were just talking about how we have never had a tourney that even compares to our first one. Every place in his house had a different party going on. We need Mikey at the tourny too.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Actually, it's a little too late for the free Singles Pass now, Anther. Someone close to me informed me he's going, so I had to give it to him to make the trip worthwhile for him.

Sorry, guys. ;_;

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Of course Mikey's gonna play dirty:
He mains Peach!

it's all in good fun, and gives me waveshine practice. i really need to try to do some other stuff rather than just go for drillshines though. (that's one of my biggest drawbacks in the matchup, i only go for combos, i don't really try to just play)

Anther

Smash Champion
Hey Enzyme, if you just so happen to hit the boards.. maybe you could pm me your address or drop my backpack off at Kail's or something similar since I'ma head to ann arbor tomorrow around 12 :x.

<3????

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i think you should head to go f*ck work at around 12. someone needs to set something up for sunday / monday. please. i'm practically begging.

Edit: hey anther, randy, fallen, you guys should use our crew sig. it kicks *** and would look awesome the more ppl were using it on one page.

Anther

Smash Champion
Its set as my sig, but if everyone else on the page is using it I'ma leave my sig blank XD... Sweet as it is, tis rude to see the image too often on one page XD.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Fallen, if you want it, just right click it, and "copy image location" (this might be a Firefox only thing, i've never seen it in IE, but they might have added it). then you have the image url just ctrl+v it

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
so has any body figured out what day the tourny shibbypod was talking about will be p.s anther lol rember the down air u recieved from link lol awsome lol

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
****, I forgot that it was this weekend. I hope they do well, michigan represent.

By the way, if there are any D/P players out there, feel free to bring your game to Smashtacular on the 23rd. I've been itching for some competition. If you want to duel, try to keep your team in the low to mid 60s with no legendaries.

EDIT: Is there a way to standardize the levels like in the battle tower, how it makes all of your guys level 50 no matter what? That would make things way simpler, if you cuold bring 100s to the table but the game levels them down to whatever cup you are doing.

Smash Journeyman
I have money. Here's your chance to convince me it would be totally worth it to spend it at PX tonight, instead of at the AFC for DDR.

EDIT: Too late. I'm going toward the full combo.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Thats cool Dare, I'm not really in the mood for smash today anyway. I'm probably going to sit around playing D/P, wow, or watching Gundam Seed after I get my work done.

Good luck with that full combo, you should talk to my friend Royce, hes an avid DDR fan. He actually has that computer version and one of those giant metal pads too, matter of fact.

King Malice

Smash Ace
I have money. Here's your chance to convince me it would be totally worth it to spend it at PX tonight, instead of at the AFC for DDR.

EDIT: Too late. I'm going toward the full combo.
Dude, you better tell me next time you are heading up there or I will have to beat you. I only saw you up there once, and Mike was being a d*ck.

Kail

Smash Lord
By the way, Boyr if you want you can head out here, and play with us, we can give you some cash/pay for your food if you want tomorrow. Or try and get a hold of a few people and have a mini smash fest at our place, but we'd need TVs and set ups.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Anyone doing stuff on Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday this week? I want to practice against real ppl before the tourney. (you can only waveshine characters to death so many times before it gets boring). Ppl going to Smashnight on wednesday at PX, or did we scrap that idea all together? I gotta play some ppl.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
"You better be at Planet-X, I have been dying to play you"

Wednesday you mean? anyway its always a problem for me to go to stuff like that because my parents never want to drive me,maybe if they cared more about smash but they dont lol, and wont let a stranger drive me someplace they dont even know. I get my license in less than a month though but even then id still have to borrow my moms car so we'll see

SCOTU

Smash Hero
maybe you should waveshine your mom until she lets someone drive you, drill shine her to make her drive you. Actually, that never worked for me. I'll probably go to PX wednesday if some others want to show up, maybe anther & mikey can bring back your new experience from pound WHICH I WISH THE MI GUYS GREAT LUCK AT. then there'll be 3 of us. 4 if K Malice comes, which we've been wanting to play recently, mm? That'd be enough for Erad to come. then we'd have a full blown smashfest! kinda... But i need practice for the tourney on saturday.

Smash Journeyman
I challenge everyone willing to come to my house Saturday or Sunday with a Gamecube, SSBM, and controller to a money match for a nickel. Bring your best game, along with the game itself.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
A nickel? that won't come close to paying for the gas to get out there. $5. that might cover gas. a little. idk if i' can even go. That sig is still too awesome.

Top Bottom